naturalbeauty21

New CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK THREAD

[ Edited ]

so im starting a new challenge of the week thread since officegal isn't able to be on BT very much anymore and she asked for someone to start a new one. if you have ideas for challenges please let me know. so far i have:

-lipstains ( starting week of june 13th)

-"opposites attract" (use 2 eyeshadows you wouldn't usually wear together) week of june 20th

-double wing eyeliner   week of june 27th

-beauty w/ benefits (completely or mostly wear makeup that is good for your skin, eyes, or lips)week july 4th *you can do red, white and blue eyeshadow if you want*

-brighten up those eyes ( white or any kind of brightening eyeliner or eye shadow) week of july 11th

-purple lipgloss (sheer or bold is your choice) week of july 18th

-be creative (use your imagination maybe draw a heart, flower or star on the corner of your eye with eyeliner. be unique)week of july 25th

-no eyeshadow just mascara (if you have oily lids use a mattifying powder on eyes) week of august 1st

-orange, yellow, or green eyeshadow   week of august 8th

-"just tips" only paint the tips of your nails (color of your choice) week of august 15th

-pink lips (lipstick or lipgloss)week of august 22nd

-bare minimum ( use as little makeup as possible *be your perfect imperfect self*)week of august 29th

-smokey eyes (can be day or night)week of september 5th

-"positivity" spell out a positive or inspiring word on your nail *one letter per nail* week of september 12th

if you have ideas please let me know.

tenngal

Re: challenge of the week

@naturalbeauty21:  I think you've done a GREAT job of coming up with challenges and have us covered for several weeks, actually months, to come!  Don't worry about it yet and relax and enjoy.  Like I said, you've worked hard and are doing great and by the time we need more challenges, I'm sure that you'll have gotten plenty of suggestions.  I just put up a sticky note on my monitor to remind me to get some ideas whenever I get a chance to start catching up on all the back issues of InStyle, Elle, Marie Claire, etc., laying over beside my desk in a stack, ha ha.  If I don't get caught up before I have surgery on my shoulder in August, then that'll be the perfect time for me to get caught up on all the magazine and get ideas.  Anyway, all I really wanted to say was you're doing a great job with this thread and don't worry!

:smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

(0) Hearts

thanks. for some reason i always want to plan WWWAAAAYYYY in advance. i kindof already thought another challenge. maybe something like if youve ever seen a flower or something that most beautiful or unusual color you could try the mimick the color with your eyeshadow..just a thought dont really know yet.

naturalbeauty21

(0) Hearts

so was anybody able to use almost all products that were good for you skin? i wanna know i love hearing peoples looks and how well they completed the challenges :smileyhappy:

brookie673

(0) Hearts

Are we supposed to post the pictures on this thread? Maybe you should make a new thread for each week so it's not so hard to find the pictures in between comments about your ideas? Thanks :smileyvery-happy:

ran8

(0) Hearts

Creating new threads for this topic is not necessary.  It is pretty easy to see each challenge as they are posted in the opening thread (first post).  One way to keep track of this thread is to bookmark it.  This should appear when clicking the options tab to the right hand side of a post:

bthowtobm.jpg

The bookmarked threads should be visible on the my setting tab, subscriptions and bookmarks. 

------------------

Anyway, does SPF count?  Currently trying the Argan oil and seeing if it actually good for my skin or not (not on the face cause I'm a bit apprehensive about changing up certain aspects of skincare).  Not bad so far. 

lashreece

(0) Hearts

Oh my goodness I've gotten way behind.  Next week I plan to participate!

tenngal

(0) Hearts

I didn't change up any of the makeup I usually use, but what I normally use contains a few good-for-my-skin products anyway.  So I used Kate Somerville Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen as the first step in my makeup preparation all week, which is good for my skin because it contains antioxidants and sun protection.  I also used Dior's DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumper Primer & Serum which is not only a mascara primer, but also a good-for-your-lashes serum that contains a cell-conditioning complex made up of hydrolyzed soy proteins that promote long-term lash growth, strength, and vitality.

Those are the two products that I used as part of my daily makeup prep that are good for me that are outside of my regular skincare routine.

mermadelove

Hi there! Sorry I've been incognito! I didn't change what Inormally use, either because most of my stuff is good for you anyway. I use Juice Beauty Organic cleanser and my Mia, Korres Wild Rose serum and Moisturizer, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Tarte Cheeck stain and Tarte Lighst, Camera, Splashes mascara.. Only my eye shadow was not "natural and healing," as it's UD. But you HAVE to use UD for real color and sparkle! :smileyvery-happy:

ran8

Well it is not that urgent seeing as there are challenges provided until September 15.  If an idea hits you, write it down and add later.  (:

naturalbeauty21

Re: NEW CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK thread

haha i had a hard time with the double wing too. its okay its not an everyday look so i know everyone had a little difficulty. im sad to say i will be failing this weeks challenge because i dont really have anything thats good for my skin except my bareminerals foundation. i was going to get some more stuff but got to pay the credit card off first because if i even buy a piece of gum the swat team is gunna come. haha:smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

Re: New CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK THREAD

@mermadelove   i love your eyeshadow its gorgeous!:smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

[ Edited ]

@tenngal i love your eyshadow its really pretty.

i did an orange and aquamarine eye and it actually looked pretty good i will post a pic later.

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@naturalbeauty21:  Ooooh, aquamarine and orange sounds like a fun combination that I never would have thought of.  I can't wait to see your photo!  Hurry up and post...I'm excited!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@mermadelove:   Can't wait to see your pic!  You always inspire me! :smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

109_0082.JPG

heres my eyelook. the orange kindof faded a bit in the end.

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@naturalbeauty21:  GREAT look!  I'm going to have to try those two colors together.  I can still see the orange in the pic just fine.  But I know how you feel because in my photo you can't really tell that the inside shade is mint green.  It looks washed out.  I think camera's just can't pick up the full effect of our artistry, ha ha.  If we only had the kind of camera they take the Cover Girl ads with, we'd be looking great, ha ha.  Seriously, I hope you don't mind if I copy your look one day when I'm wearing the appropriate outfit for the colors cause it looks great.  Very creative!

naturalbeauty21

tenngal wrote:

@naturalbeauty21:  GREAT look!  I'm going to have to try those two colors together.  I can still see the orange in the pic just fine.  But I know how you feel because in my photo you can't really tell that the inside shade is mint green.  It looks washed out.  I think camera's just can't pick up the full effect of our artistry, ha ha.  If we only had the kind of camera they take the Cover Girl ads with, we'd be looking great, ha ha.  Seriously, I hope you don't mind if I copy your look one day when I'm wearing the appropriate outfit for the colors cause it looks great.  Very creative!

i wish we had the same camera from covergirl ads haha. i don't mind at all makeup looks are meant to be shared. thanks!:smileyhappy:

tenngal

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@mermadelove:  I can't wait to see the photo of your blue and pink shadow.  That'll be a pretty combo! :smileyhappy:

@prettyinpa:  Sounds like you've got a good plan worked out.  I wish you could take pics and post them.  I'd love to see some of your looks!  :smileyhappy:

@sarithor:  I can't wait to see your photos from this week's challenge!  I'm sure you'll have some really creative eyeshadow apps to show us.  This will be fun! :smileyhappy:

tenngal

@naturalbeauty21:  Thanks for taking the time to start up a new Challenge of the Week thread.  I'll miss officegal's thread, but I understand how much time Beauty Talk can consume without even realizing it.  I've been spending much less time on BT myself, too, but I still want to participate in the Challenges because it's fun, so thank you for stepping up and leading the effort!

naturalbeauty21

im happy to do it because i loved her thread too and i hope everyone will participate who was in the other thread and i also hope everyone will share ideas for new challnges:smileyhappy:

sarithor

Yay! glad some one started a new challenge thread. I should be able to start participating more now that I'm back home! So, I'll start taking photos soon!

ohhenri

(0) Hearts

Yay, a new week and a new challenge! Unfortunately for me, lipstain is not my forte!! I only own one, UD lip envy in greedy, and it is a little more bright than I like for work. So, this is going to be a week-end challenge for me!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • sarithor
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • ohhenri
    • mermadelove