naturalbeauty21

New CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK THREAD

[ Edited ]

so im starting a new challenge of the week thread since officegal isn't able to be on BT very much anymore and she asked for someone to start a new one. if you have ideas for challenges please let me know. so far i have:

-lipstains ( starting week of june 13th)

-"opposites attract" (use 2 eyeshadows you wouldn't usually wear together) week of june 20th

-double wing eyeliner   week of june 27th

-beauty w/ benefits (completely or mostly wear makeup that is good for your skin, eyes, or lips)week july 4th *you can do red, white and blue eyeshadow if you want*

-brighten up those eyes ( white or any kind of brightening eyeliner or eye shadow) week of july 11th

-purple lipgloss (sheer or bold is your choice) week of july 18th

-be creative (use your imagination maybe draw a heart, flower or star on the corner of your eye with eyeliner. be unique)week of july 25th

-no eyeshadow just mascara (if you have oily lids use a mattifying powder on eyes) week of august 1st

-orange, yellow, or green eyeshadow   week of august 8th

-"just tips" only paint the tips of your nails (color of your choice) week of august 15th

-pink lips (lipstick or lipgloss)week of august 22nd

-bare minimum ( use as little makeup as possible *be your perfect imperfect self*)week of august 29th

-smokey eyes (can be day or night)week of september 5th

-"positivity" spell out a positive or inspiring word on your nail *one letter per nail* week of september 12th

if you have ideas please let me know.

tenngal

Re: New CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK THREAD

[ Edited ]

I took a pic of yesterday's eyeshadow look with my cell phone so I kind of have that eyeball-too-close-to-the-camera look going on, but you can still kind of tell what the shadow looked like.  I decided to mix UD's Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Morphine which I used all over my lid up to start of brow bone with a minty green (MUFE Eyeshadow in Chartreuse Satiny 57) and a bright green shadow (UD Deluxe Eyeshadow in Graffiti).  I put a neutral ivory shadow (Sephora Brand Shadow in Universal Beige) on my brow bone and lined my eyes with the green shadow on the bottom and with a UD 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner in purple (Ransom) on the top.  The colors actually didn't look bad together, but they were definitely bright, ha ha.  You can't really see how bright the colors are in the photo, but trust me, it didn't go unnoticed, ha ha.  By the way, please overlook the strays around my eyebrows which I hadn't had time to pluck. LOL
:smileyhappy:
ChallengeOfTheWeek062111-1.jpg

ohhenri

@Tenngal: Love your e/s. I love purple and green together, they're pretty flattering for my dark brown eyes!!

I haven't had the chance to do the challenge yet, for a couple of reasons (like I just received my Naked palette, so I had to try this before doing this challenge!!). But I'm a big fan of colorful make-up. My favorite combos are green and pink, navy blue and peach and I mix purple with everything!! (But if I had to pick, I think it would be yellow and purple!). I don't have a good camera, but I'll try to take a decent one and post it here tomorrow!!

mermadelove

@natural beauty: GREAT look! I never think to mix the colors side by side. I'm always going up and down. And on that note, here is the long promised pic! It's Red sparks ( which is really a light pink shimmery mica flake) on top and some unidentified ciel blue that I pressed myself from loose pigments. Oh, and ransom liner by UD. :smileyhappy:

two color eye.JPG

ohhenri

mermadelove wrote:

@natural beauty: GREAT look! I never think to mix the colors side by side. I'm always going up and down.

I'm the total opposite: I always mix side by side and not up and down!! But it's something I gotta try! Looking at your pics, you always have gorgeous e/s, so I must try it your way, hehehe!:smileywink:

tenngal

@mermadelove:  Yea--the long-awaited photo has arrived and it looks great!!!  Your eyeshadow combo is fantastic!  I'm going to have to try applying my shadow up and down, because like ohhenri, I always go side to side. 

I'll try to take another photo before this week's challenge is over.  Hope everybody keeps the photos coming cause I love to see everyone's different looks!

naturalbeauty21

this  is so much fun i cant wait until next week ive been working on my double wing eyeliner. if you need help try youtube i looked it up because since i dont do bold eyeliner very often it, im looking forward to it

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

naturalbeauty21 wrote:

this  is so much fun i cant wait until next week ive been working on my double wing eyeliner. if you need help try youtube i looked it up because since i dont do bold eyeliner very often it, im looking forward to it

Vintageortacky has a great one!!!!!

ohhenri

What a difficult challenge for me this week! I'm not really good with eyeliners (I've tried pencil, liquid and gel!!). I always do one eye pretty good, than the second one never looks the same as the 1st one!!. So, I usually just line my upper waterline instead and it kinda do the trick otherwise, my make-up is ruined!!!! (and since I'm on tight schedule in the morning, I don't have the time to do it again, so I just skip this part!).

But, I watched a lot of videos this morning on youtube to help me...As they say, practice makes perfect, so we will see!!

(And I tried to take a picture of my 2 colors e/s and I'm a pretty bad photographer, or my camera isn't really good...b/c all of the pictures are blurry :smileysad:

mermadelove

Hi gals! Ok. Confession time: TOTALLY intimidated by the double wing liner look!!! I don't even OWN liquid eyeliner because it always looks like a demented two year old applied it when I try! Can I pull of this look with gel/cream eyeliner???

*looks about nervously*

naturalbeauty21

(0) Hearts

@mermadelove  of course you can cuse any type of liner you like you just have to have two wings. its funny because im terrible at gel/cream liners and i prefer liquid. haha:smileyhappy:

mermadelove

Hmmmmm, maybe I'll try it with two different colors, so it's not so obvious if all four lines aren't perfect!!!!

naturalbeauty21

(0) Hearts

im saving the challenge look for the weekend because i dont even wear eyeliner on a regular basis

ran8

This is too funny.  I just bought a new liquid liner to try out a few days ago (Hourglass Script Precision).  We'll see if it is as precise as some reviewers have claimed it to be.  Excited!

mermadelove

Ok. As promised, I did the double wing with two different colors! The black is UD 24/7eye  liner in Perversion and the other is UD  24/7 Shadow Pencil in Clash. I also used Lise Watier glitter liner in Midnight Star

But this is what it looks like close up:

double wing eye.JPG

And this is a picture of the completed look:

double wing face.JPG

As usual, my crappy camera doesn't do it justice, but at least you can see that I actually did it in the smaller pic!!!

ran8

@mermadelove:  That is gorgeous.  I am inspired to do a two colored double wing sometime this week or next. 

Today, I did a single color but I really like the way it turned out.  The eyeliner I used did a pretty good job but we'll see how long it lasts (I hope it doesn't dry out too fast or the edge goes bad). 

tenngal

@mermadelove:  You're double-wing eyeliner makeup looks like a pro job!  It's absolutely beautiful! 

I haven't done a wing eyeliner look very many times because I usually have on so many eyeshadow colors, etc., and, therefore, haven't had much practice at it, but I'm going to give it a try.  I may have to do a single wing until I get more flying experience under my belt before I try the double-wing trick, ha ha.

ohhenri

You have the bad hair day, now there's bad eyeliner day!!!!!!!

I totally flunk this week challenge. I did it 3 times, only to end up taking the wings away!!! I'm bad, really bad with eyeliners!! I only started to wear some this year ( I used to just put some on my waterline). I'm making progress with the basic of eyeliner, but I'm still far from the wings!! Not once this week were the 2 eyes similar... And none of them were decent :'(

I just hope to do better next week :smileywink: Have a great week-end! ( I won't wear any make-up this week-end, I'm going sailing/horse back riding!!!)

tenngal

Re: You have the bad hair day, now there's bad eyeliner day!!!!!!!

OK, I attemped to do the double-winged eyeliner--and I DO mean attemped, ha ha.  I am going to post a picture even though it is bad, bad, bad.  I should probably post it under the "Beauty Disasters" thread, but here goes...
DoubleWingedEyeliner.jpg
I got the wings way too far apart and not even at all, ha ha.  But I did want to let ya'll know that I did try the challenge.  If I have more time, I may try it again, but I've just been in too big a hurry all week.  I was in a big hurry when I did the liner job in the photo.  It was funny actually.  I was putting on my makeup and thought "gosh I need to try the double-wing eyeliner" so I ran to the computer, pulled up YouTube really quick, stood there and watched half of a video tutorial and ran back to apply the double wings.  I never should have tried it when I was in such a hurry, ha ha.

I hope you all get a good laugh out of it anyway. :smileyhappy:

mermadelove

tenngal, WHAT are you talking about?!?!? As usual, your makeup looks GREAT! You have really nice eyes and short of putting on false eyelashes sideways, I think anything you did to them would look great! :smileyvery-happy:

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@mermadelove:  ROTFLMAO!!!  You crack me up!  Thanks for the compliment!  :smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

Re: challenge of the week

(0) Hearts

im just wondering if anybody has thought about some more ideas for challenges im having a hard time coming up with more.:smileyindifferent:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • sarithor
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • ohhenri
    • mermadelove