Esdee

Never Been This Happy...

... to have a breakout.  :smileyvery-happy:  When I first started using my Clarisonic Mia2, everyone warned me that I'd start breaking out when my skin began purging all of the nastiness that normal washing wasn't getting out.  I was actually disappointed that after my first week of use, I didn't see any difference.  After speaking with the wonderful SAs at my local Sephora, I decided to bump up the speed level, with a Normal brush head waiting to replace the Sensitive head if that didn't work.  Woke up this morning with a face full of red bumps and couldn't have been more excited.

Have any of you had a similar moment?  When you were just so happy to have something that used to make you want to cringe happen?

RiaMo

Re: Never Been This Happy...

(0) Hearts

Oh another thing I love about my Clarisonic, I have a few eczema patches on my arms from time to time and I just use a little almond oil or argan oil - whatever sample I have around and I rub it in and then use the Clarisonic on it for one of it's rotations. I'll do it 2-3 times (once a day for 2-3 days) and the spot goes away and smoothes out beautifully. No scars, no medicated lotion, no nothing. Makes me soooo happy! 

RiaMo

(0) Hearts

Yes! When I first got my Clarisonic I was like yay it's working! After 2 weeks, I was getting so many compliments on my skin. It was crazy!!! I didn't really notice a difference but clearly there was one. I mean it got to a point where I was like Yeah Yeah I know I have great skin. LOL But then I went on vacation for a week and forgot it. OMG! That is when I saw the difference! I could see it and feel it! My skin was not happy! It just looked so dull and bleh! I couldn't wait to get home to use my Clarisonic again! Now I use it once a day at night. I wish they made a smaller travel size one that works just as good.My only complaint is I have the Clarisonic that has the body brush option and every time I put the body brush on it, it freezes and shuts off. This reminds me that I need to call the warranty number and see how to get it fixed or exchanged. 

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

I'm thinking of purchasing the Clarisonic Mia. I'm just wondering if the Mia2 is better. Can anyone tell me through experience which one is better? I've become a skincare junkie lately.

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

I have the mia2 also, the 2 speeds is awesome as well as the timer.

AmiraHall

I have the Mia 2...Never tried the 1st one but I like the option of having the 2 speeds...(I believe the 1st one has only 1 speed)..I love it...My face always feels so clean after using it...If I go a night without it I can tell a difference... I too have become a skincare junkie and I am obsessed with mine....:smileyhappy: hope this helped

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Thank you for your reply, Amira. This did help. :smileyhappy:

neko333

I thought that as well when I first got mine. It evened out after a while but continued to cause mild breakouts when used daily. I only use it a few times a week now. 

jaimelove

i still don't have a clarisonic, and i still want one so bad. dang it. my boyfriend bought me an olay thingy similar to the clarisonic and i like it, but other than gentle exfoliating i don't see any huge difference in my skin with it =\ it was nice in the winter when my skin was dry and flaky, though! 

he told me that i could try it out first to see if i'd like the clarisonic, and now when i say i want a clarisonic he says i don't need one because i have my scrubby scrubber thingy! urgh ><

ShimmerDust

(0) Hearts

DO NOT USE THE OLAY PRO X! Unlike the Clarisonic, the Pro X's brush spins in circles on your face, which tears up your skin and has lasting effects on your dermis. My sister somehow ended up with it without my knowledge and when I found out she had it, I took it and threw it away. It made her skin horribly red and blotchy, and it wasn't until I trashed it that we realized that it had been causing it. Get a Neutrasonic or a Clarasonic; for your skin's sake. It's worth the money. :smileywink:

lilmissmodel14

I tried the olay pro x also, I prefer the clarisonic. It is way softer and pretty cool :smileyhappy:

lilmissmodel14

Ahh i just used my clarisonic for the first time tonight with sensitive, it seems so smooth now, haha I really don't break out soon.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I get a similar feeling when I start to get dry patches when I start my retinol routine in the fall.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • neko333
    • MermaidBarbie
    • ShimmerDust
    • RiaMo
    • lilmissmodel14