beautylovingirl

NOT MY BEST DAY

Hey girls,

Just need to do a little letting go here, as some of you may or may not know I'm an office manager/do all in a dermatology office and have a huge amount on my plate. It had come to my attention not to long ago that one of the girls was actually "bullying" another one of the newer girls I hired not to long ago, so I called her in and made it clear that it better no happen again or she was gone. All of this came about from it being the Dr.'s B-day and we all put in enough to get him a really really nice gift and if everyone can't pay what they should I  put in the rest out of my pocket with nothing said. So this afternoon I actually walked upon the first girl saying to the other " I can't believe you didn't put in your part" I walked to my office and buzzed her to come to my office and I fired her today but that's not what caused this not to be my best what caused it not to be my best day was seeing the other girl in tears and she's one of the nicest people I've truly ever met. So today a new policy went into effect by me with no exceptions. I told everyone in that office no more warnings you'll be fired automatically on the spot for any sort of bullying . I never want to see that much pain in someone's eyes again. Thanks for listening.

beautylovingirl

Re: NOT MY BEST DAY

@jennypenny- Yeah mean girls do suck! And I have no idea why women are so catty I guess it's just in the nature of being a woman, but from all my past experiences I would rather work with men any time they just blow things off like nothing ever happens I would love for them to have hormones for one day like women do. But I do have to say never  in my life would I ever treat someone like that it was really bad. I had to keep my tears back myself while trying to console the girl it was happening to and keep my self composed enough not to jump over my desk and punch the other girl in the head. It's tough being a boss sometimes gotta hold a lot of emotions in.

jennypenny1995

Mean girls suck.  And, why is it that women are just so catty and men aren't?

beautylovingirl

@nebel- Yeah it does suck because no one actually wants to fire some one but I feel ok about it and thanks for your support!

nebel

Good for you!! I know it sucks to be in that position, but thank you for standing up to bullies!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@prettyinpa- I would've definitely had your back!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@MoreGun89- Yes thank you lucky stars! I think the next person I hire might be a guy they are way better to work with.:smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

That's terrible, I think you did the right thing though.  I'm just going to be thankful that I work in a non-toxic environment for the moment :smileytongue:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@annonymous1- I will always speak up for someone who may be too quiet or shy to speak up for themselves. I don't like any sort of bullying in the work place or where ever it is.

beautylovingirl

@lylysa-No nothing harsh or petty knowing it's someone's job your dealing with and especially after warning her verbally and writing her up two other times and it had been going on apparently for a while but I just couldn't do anything else but the warnings and the write up without hearing it with my own ears but I guess she just didn't get it how serious I was. But today it so much better and I know we'll all make it much better without all the drama!:smileyhappy:

lylysa

Holy cow, verbal warming and TWO write ups and she STILL continued!?!?!?

Can't help folks that aren't willing to change!

beautylovingirl

@lylysa- Thanks it's not the easiest thing to do and when it comes to that it's a lot harder than what anyone thinks but I feel like better days are ahead.:smileyhappy:

lylysa

I hear you, it's good that the employees are in a good mood, that helps to keep you reinforced in knowing you made the right decision and wasn't doing anything rash or petty.

No one likes to be the person that delivers bad news like a firing, but you nipped that in the bud and now I'm sure things will be better due to it!

beautylovingirl

I can't thank all of you enough for the support I absolutely feel I did the right thing and would do it again. Today is a great day with a lot of tension completely gone from my office. Everyone seems to be  chirping like brand new baby birds, that's the feeling I want to stay and will stay from now on. I'm so glad I handled it the way I did because all my girls are happy and so am I. I have to say some of your responses brought tears to my eyes again thanks so much life isn't always easy and we all have to do what we need to and just go with our gut feeling. Even my doc told me he was proud of me and I did the right thing so that meant a lot to.

lylysa

:smileyhappy: We're totally here for you, Beautylovingirl!

I know everyone at your job probably feels like you helped remove a big, unfun road block for them because I'm sure the girl she was bullying probably wasn't the only one who caught some of her attitude! You put your foot down and stood firm so kudos! I wish bosses would take note and be not afraid to enforce discipline, it would help cut the crud out of places early on.

Here's to much better work days!

annonymous1

work sucks without horrible co-workers to have to deal with you, i bet the girl that was being bullied is grateful you took a stand, at my last job there was a girl who bullied all of us, and instead of the manager caring and firing her we all ended up quitting because she was so awful. 

So maybe you did the right thing! you have no idea who else she could have been bullying either :smileysad:

makeupmaven

Kudos to you, takes courage to take a stand and prevent a hostile environment in the way you did! Definitely the right thing to do!

janinebt

Oh wow!

A lot of people assume that bullying is something that only young people face, but unfortunately that's not always true. I had one really awful boss when I was still in college working. He was often very nit-picky and didn't like the fact that I was interested in a possible leadership position. He tried to get rid of me after jumping to the assumption that I threw away some reports and destroyed one of our systems. It wasn't even one of my daily duties. Turns out he was just suppose to talk to me about it, but just assumed that I wouldn't be contacting HR so took things to the next level. Big mistake on his part. I was able to transfer to a better location and was much happier.

It's great to hear that you stood up for the girl that was getting bullied!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

The nerve of that bully to call out that employee! Especially after a warning! I'm glad you stuck by your guns and took action, it's the only way for folks like her to know poor attitudes and bad behavior isn't tolerated!

clarks18

Good call lady!  Work is not the place for that to be happening.  No one should be uncomfortable at a place they have to be for so many hours a day.  That girl was obviously not a good fit and she will probably never be a good fit anywhere she works.  Especially if she is a bully.  Hope your day at the office goes better today. 

prettyinpa

Boy, I'd like you to have my back!  You are one fabulous superhero in my book for standing up for that poor girl who was bullied. As a former victim of bullying, I would have loved to have had you by my side in junior high school. You go girl!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 98 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoralovex
    • annonymous1
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt