hackneyfl

NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

[ Edited ]

Who is with me?!

The unofficial rules are as follows …

Spoiler
  • Commit to a no-buy for a period of time that works for you.
  • Do not get swayed by cute promos.
  • No searching on 'Sephora Favorites'
  • No clicking on the 'Just Arrived' link.
  • Be supportive of all members.

No-Buy Commitment Members:

Spoiler
  • eriles: On No-Buy (4/22 - 7/17th & 7/22 - 9/30) (Sun Celebration Bronzer & Clarins Lip Balm Crayon)
  • Joannimation: On No-Buy (August) (Bday Gift, Meteorites, Maison Martin Replica, D&G L'Imperatrice & Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, Sephora Sun Kit)
  • hackneyfl: On No-Buy (4/15 - 6/15 then off for 6/16 and then back on until fall sale)
  • Makeupinfinity: On No-Buy (Oct) (Bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen, Sun-Kit)
  • shadetertiary: On No-Buy (May 31st)
  • AlisG: On No-Buy (May 31st) (Replacements for necessary items & Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30)
  • almostyou: On No-Buy (5/1 - 8/31) (Necessities like cotton pads & sunscreen and break in Aug for Bday)
  • wendyomgwar: On No-Buy (5/31) (Except for the use of a GC from Clarins)
  • LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
  • weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
  • levid:
  • IttyxBittyxMe: On No-Buy (5/31) (2 purchases a month < 50.00)
  • Zpsid91: On No-Buy (8/15)

Possible TSB list:

Spoiler
***Would like to keep this to BNIB if possible (we haven't set a start date)

hackneyfl
eriles
shadetertiary
Joannimation
AlisG (canada - but we will make it work)
LariTheLoud
Zpsid91
IttyxBittyxMe

original.jpg

hackneyfl

Re: NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

(0) Hearts

Thanks for stopping in ... but I am no longer maintaining this thread.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I'm kind of not worried about my shopping problem for the time being. :smileyvery-happy:

BUT that is cause I have at least 4 papers due in the upcoming month. Let the fun begin! 

Today, however, I did spend $100 at the autoshop to get my dad's car inspected, that did not go well, brakes are worn, tire is the wrong size (freaking Costco) and headlight is busted in. Necessity payments here... :smileysad:

And I bought 2 pairs of shoes for momma cause her walking shoes are worn out from walking to work daily. But, in all honesty I grabbed myself some shoes too, but that is it!

hackneyfl

[ Edited ]

Welcome to all the newbie no-buyers.

I believe I saw 3 new beauties ... Please verify you want to be added to the list above.

LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
levid:

Please let me know if I missed you?

Also, please let me know if you are interested in a possible TSB.

EDIT: I am on a permanent no-buy with regards to Sephora due to 'planty' issue. But I will continue thread and remain faithful to my no-buy and after no-buy will be buying elsewhere! 

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

You can sign me up for a no shopping till Planty is back. I would also take your advitar and change mine to it as well. STRIKE!!!

hackneyfl

Welcome YouAreAlways! I will get you added to the list!!!

tehprincessjenn

I'm on a no buy, I'm thinking about if I want to do a "free planty" no buy. If she comes back, I will continue back at Sephora, but I feel like BT isn't even part of Sephora to be honest, it's a forum of mostly customers from Sephora who spend massive amounts. 

No buy period: Until my graduation. (5/10)

Exceptions: Necessities (Purity made smiple, moisturizers for face), anything that is essentially free (L'occitone coupon), Guerlain Sun Celebration, Jo Malone perfume, mother's day fair in Alameda, CA. Done. 

ilovebears

What magical L'Occitane coupon is this that makes things "essentially free"? :smileyvery-happy:

tehprincessjenn

Well there was a lawsuit in California for L'Occitane because of privacy issues so everyone in the Passport program got a $12.50 voucher. If I wanted a hand cream- oh it's practically free! 

ilovebears

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

What... I think I'm signed up for that program, but I didn't receive a voucher :smileysad:

Edit: Ahh, I see the deadline for filing a claim is long past.  Oh well.  I did make multiple purchases at their stores during the specified timeframe, and they also took my personal data... wish I had known about this!

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

WHA...? How do I get this voucher? I am part of their passport program too..

tehprincessjenn

(0) Hearts

I got it via email. 

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

I like the way you think!

LaiceeB18

[ Edited ]

I think i will join you in the No buy spree. Instead of a date I have a minimum amount I have to have in savings. It has to be at least xxxx. If I get there quicker than expected I will wait until June/July unless buying skincare/necessities. :smileyhappy: 

Also interested in the Tsb at the moment.. haven't done one ever so I'm new but I understand general rules from following some other ones. :smileytongue:

((What happened to Planty?!?! This is what I get for taking a break from my computer.. :smileysad: ))

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

Wait, what happened to Planty? 

I may be interested in a TSB though, or well, I am. But my question is what are people going to look to contribute? The last two TSB's I've done have kinda been super lack luster for me so I'm a mixture of cautious/I wanna do it because it's such a surprise. ;_;

Anyway, my no buy rules are:

I will not be buying any new makeup until June, or until school gets paid off, which ever happens first. Come on part time job. If extra money is available and the spending won't hurt me I will allow myself two purchases a month but they have to total less then $50.

hackneyfl

I have all the below and a bunch of BNIB UD(no pictured)

original.jpg

Joannimation

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Off the top of my head, I have a Tarte lash primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Diorshow Blackout Mascara, a few other mascaras from my Lash Stash collection, and OH The Works Kit. I ended up getting my Meteorites online to get cash back on my card, but still have the one I bought in store if anyone's interested in those. (All Full Size, BNIB)

Also have some deluxe samples at home.

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

I'm a lot into eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks, and mascaras [though I don't really need any more of any >.>]

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Will add you to both slots above, right now the TSB is a 'thought' and to see if we get interest first. I will keep everyone up to date about it. 

Welcome to the no-buy!

eriles

(0) Hearts

In terms of what I could contribute to a tsb: 

I have some new UD eyeliners full size from the ocho loco 2, tarte self tanning wipes for face, unopened deluxe mascara samples, philosophy purity facewash, becca shimmering skin perfector, some chanel foundation samples...perfume samples. An odd assortment of things. This is just what I can remember from off the top of my head. 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

PMing you about Planty

Zpsid91

(0) Hearts

Me, me!!! No buy from now until August 15th! When were you planning on starting the TSB? I would be interested if I could jump in around late August???

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 605 replies
  • 529 hearts
  • 51 in conversation
    • tehprincessjenn
    • wendyomgwar
    • waterbaby1981
    • gxlxaxm
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dolceloure