hackneyfl

NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

[ Edited ]

Who is with me?!

The unofficial rules are as follows …

Spoiler
  • Commit to a no-buy for a period of time that works for you.
  • Do not get swayed by cute promos.
  • No searching on 'Sephora Favorites'
  • No clicking on the 'Just Arrived' link.
  • Be supportive of all members.

No-Buy Commitment Members:

Spoiler
  • eriles: On No-Buy (4/22 - 7/17th & 7/22 - 9/30) (Sun Celebration Bronzer & Clarins Lip Balm Crayon)
  • Joannimation: On No-Buy (August) (Bday Gift, Meteorites, Maison Martin Replica, D&G L'Imperatrice & Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, Sephora Sun Kit)
  • hackneyfl: On No-Buy (4/15 - 6/15 then off for 6/16 and then back on until fall sale)
  • Makeupinfinity: On No-Buy (Oct) (Bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen, Sun-Kit)
  • shadetertiary: On No-Buy (May 31st)
  • AlisG: On No-Buy (May 31st) (Replacements for necessary items & Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30)
  • almostyou: On No-Buy (5/1 - 8/31) (Necessities like cotton pads & sunscreen and break in Aug for Bday)
  • wendyomgwar: On No-Buy (5/31) (Except for the use of a GC from Clarins)
  • LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
  • weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
  • levid:
  • IttyxBittyxMe: On No-Buy (5/31) (2 purchases a month < 50.00)
  • Zpsid91: On No-Buy (8/15)

Possible TSB list:

Spoiler
***Would like to keep this to BNIB if possible (we haven't set a start date)

hackneyfl
eriles
shadetertiary
Joannimation
AlisG (canada - but we will make it work)
LariTheLoud
Zpsid91
IttyxBittyxMe

original.jpg

eriles

Re: NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

(0) Hearts

I went fishing super early when I took a vacay to see family and it was so weird to not have to bundle up that early in the morning! I enjoy the sunshine! But no thank you to hurricanes lol. 

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

That is a big deal!!

I was just in Washington last week. I could barely survive with just my leggings. Considered layering another pair on :smileyhappy:

Joannimation

Yeah, for me, it's going to be high of 98 later this week! I'm feeling more melted than a lippie inside a TSB.

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

LOL LOL LOL! Thank goodness though the humidity is back, well kinda, good for my lips but NOT so good for my hair!!!

Joannimation

Oh no!

Hope you're not having this kind of a hair day!!

upload_7691485423746187766.jpg

hackneyfl

ohhhh I spend about an hour curling it to pretty much have NO curl by the time I get to work! Shameful for sure ;-)

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

Wow! I bet your insomnia is giving you plenty of time to get all dolled up in the morning!

I barely spend five minutes on my hair. It's gotten so long that I just throw my hands in the air in defeat after applying some serum or oil. Plus, it's almost summer, so I have an excuse for waves :smileyvery-happy:

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

WoooHooo eriles! Congrats! I have been shopping the stash, to tempting to visit any store with any kind of make up counter!!! I won't even go into make up isle at target! LOL LOL

hackneyfl

Ok, all cleaned up! if you want to be added to the possible TSB, please let me know and if you are canada or us.

hackneyfl

Hello Newbies ;-)

We are thinking about starting a TSB, for those who have officially joined and active on the thread will be the ones added, please let me know if you want to be added.

For the old-timers, I am going to re-org the above as it is getting long ;-)

AlisG

Okay. I think I fully need to commit to this. I've been wavering every now and again! UGH! I think I need a public shaming if I mess up. It'll deter me. 

Commitment: No-buy until May 31st and I'm only going to buy things that I need to replace other things.. and Maybe the Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 (one time only!) 

Please shame me the next time I see pretty lipsticks/nail polishes/eyeshadows and decide "I can do it ... just this once" AHA

hackneyfl

Hello AlisG, welcome aboard you have been added to the list above! It is in writing ... let the shaming begin!!! We are a wonderful set of beauties and here to support and not judge if you do fall off the wagon, hmmmm, well me may judge and shame you a little ;-)

AlisG

(0) Hearts

YAY! It's now carved in digital stone. Thank you! I feel like shaming might be the only way to stop. Even my mom's exasperated sighs don't work anymore! Haha. But I thank you in advance for all of the support. I'm going to try to go longer than May 31st, but baby steps for now I think :smileywink:

Joannimation

Yes, one day at a time! Let us know if you're getting dangerously close to that button :smileywink:

I would always justify my purchases to my boyfriend, and it worked because he didn't get it. But when I come on to BT, and everyone knows what I don't need, I have no way out. I also listed out all my temptations for extra shaming if it came down to it :smileyhappy:

AlisG

(0) Hearts

Everything in baby steps. It's day 2! (again!) I was so proud of myself for standing outside of Sephora while my mom went in. She took so long that I thought she might've cracked and bought something!! 

But now she's interested in tinted moisturizers haha. Oh dear. 

That's the good thing about BT whenever you post a haul pic, you can go back and see all of the unnecessary things that you bought.. splayed out for the world to see. It's kind of like a guilt trip for yourself .. which you may or may not then try to rectify by buying more things that you don't need. :smileywink:

almostyou

I've been lurking since this thread started, but I think I may need to officially join your ranks soon. I need some accountability it seems.

meagboho

Haha ditto, stalking until I take the pledge to not open my wallet for awhile. 

hackneyfl

Hello meagboho! Yep, it is hard I was only in the corner rocking the 1st week or so ;-)

meagboho

I had a ridiculous (for me) haul this April so you will have me soon enough :X

hackneyfl

Hello almostyou! I have added you to the list above! Happy to have YOU! It is only tough in the beginning! Uh huh, that is what I keep telling myself ;-)

almostyou

Also, my birthday is right in the middle of August, so I won't be waiting until the end of August to get myself a giftie :smileywink: I'll be taking a quick reprieve in August and then hopping right back on.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 605 replies
  • 529 hearts
  • 51 in conversation
    • tehprincessjenn
    • wendyomgwar
    • waterbaby1981
    • gxlxaxm
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dolceloure