NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

[ Edited ]

Who is with me?!

The unofficial rules are as follows …

Spoiler
  • Commit to a no-buy for a period of time that works for you.
  • Do not get swayed by cute promos.
  • No searching on 'Sephora Favorites'
  • No clicking on the 'Just Arrived' link.
  • Be supportive of all members.

No-Buy Commitment Members:

Spoiler
  • eriles: On No-Buy (4/22 - 7/17th & 7/22 - 9/30) (Sun Celebration Bronzer & Clarins Lip Balm Crayon)
  • Joannimation: On No-Buy (August) (Bday Gift, Meteorites, Maison Martin Replica, D&G L'Imperatrice & Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, Sephora Sun Kit)
  • hackneyfl: On No-Buy (4/15 - 6/15 then off for 6/16 and then back on until fall sale)
  • Makeupinfinity: On No-Buy (Oct) (Bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen, Sun-Kit)
  • shadetertiary: On No-Buy (May 31st)
  • AlisG: On No-Buy (May 31st) (Replacements for necessary items & Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30)
  • almostyou: On No-Buy (5/1 - 8/31) (Necessities like cotton pads & sunscreen and break in Aug for Bday)
  • wendyomgwar: On No-Buy (5/31) (Except for the use of a GC from Clarins)
  • LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
  • weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
  • levid:
  • IttyxBittyxMe: On No-Buy (5/31) (2 purchases a month < 50.00)
  • Zpsid91: On No-Buy (8/15)

Possible TSB list:

Spoiler
***Would like to keep this to BNIB if possible (we haven't set a start date)

hackneyfl
eriles
shadetertiary
Joannimation
AlisG (canada - but we will make it work)
LariTheLoud
Zpsid91
IttyxBittyxMe

original.jpg

Re: NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

I would participate if you'll have me.

Of course!

The more, the merrier :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

Maybe we can get the Empties No Buy group to join in on this!!

Let me get through this next box and see what I have left! Granted I have a lot just want to make sure ;-)

(0) Hearts

You know I am in! 

I've really wanted to do a TSB if the group will have me.  I tend not to qualify for most because I'm new to BT.  I do a bunch of other blogger swaps if that raises any confidence in my reliability!

It's okay shadetertiary! I'm new too, so I never qualify either. 

Me neither :/ I've wanted to do a couple but they fill up fast, are only in the US, or I don't qualify haha. 

AlisG you in Canada? Might be a logistics issue but we won't leave you behind, will figure it out.

YAY! I do.. I live in Vancouver which sucks because I'm just across the border lol. Hopefully I can join in! (As you can see from before. I'm super excited to be included. I pretty much reverted to the kid in the candy store mentality.) 

But if it doesn't work out, don't worry! I'll live vicariously through your guys' pictures of the awesomeness.

(0) Hearts

yes, we will make it work!!!

(0) Hearts

Awww, no, we won't leave you behind!

You hopped on the wagon! We're not gonna push you off :smileyhappy:

14_12.gif

Did everyone make it through the weekend with their no-buy intact?

Good morning ladies!

Its a beautiful Monday morning. The sun is shining, birds are chirping and no-buy is still intact.

Hi Hackney, how are you doing today? Hope you got enough sleep this weekend.

Stay strong. United we Stand. Enjoy your week :smileyhappy:

Good Morning Makeupinfinity! My no-buy still intact too! Week 3 and seems to be getting a lot easier! Thank goodness I have a stash to shop which helps!!! Thinking of starting a TSB box since I have so much! Gonna see how this next box I am in pans out! Maybe we ladies on the no-buy can do one together!!!

I was gonna suggest a TSB or a trade or something! I have lot's of goodies I can offer! I would love to do one because I have wanted to participate in one but don't meet the requirements on some of these new ones for hearts.

Plus I think it would help with the no buy because it would feel like getting new stuff which would help those urges and desires for new shiny makeup lol. 

Yes to the no-buy TSB!! :smileyvery-happy:

No-buy is also still intact! For me, I think it gets worse over time. At least when I buy something, I can feel a little guilty, and that guilt keeps me from ordering more. But the longer I go without an order, the more I try to convince myself I NEED that blush or mascara.

But it's already almost May! So another month closer to the end of everyone's no-buy!! :smileyhappy: That's 4 more months for me!

My boss is finally coming back from his business trip today, so hopefully that keeps me busy and distracted :smileyhappy:

Ok, let's see how many no-buyers want to do a TSB! But it seems the thread has kinda died out except for a handful of people.

Too many beauty addicts on BT waiting to be enabled hahaha.

Amen to that!!!

I think I just need to stop reading beauty blogs and then I won't be enabled or drooling over what is coming next. 

I can go a long time without orders but I feel like half the time  (if I were go go through my history) I order due to a good promo code. 

I am not far into my no-buy so we will see how things go with my urge to shop haha.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • No Shopping.jpg
  • upload_443455340657110362.jpg
  • No buy 4.24.jpg
  • no buy 4.24.2.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 4.53.16 PM.png
  • upload_7691485423746187766.jpg