hackneyfl

NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

[ Edited ]

Who is with me?!

The unofficial rules are as follows …

Spoiler
  • Commit to a no-buy for a period of time that works for you.
  • Do not get swayed by cute promos.
  • No searching on 'Sephora Favorites'
  • No clicking on the 'Just Arrived' link.
  • Be supportive of all members.

No-Buy Commitment Members:

Spoiler
  • eriles: On No-Buy (4/22 - 7/17th & 7/22 - 9/30) (Sun Celebration Bronzer & Clarins Lip Balm Crayon)
  • Joannimation: On No-Buy (August) (Bday Gift, Meteorites, Maison Martin Replica, D&G L'Imperatrice & Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, Sephora Sun Kit)
  • hackneyfl: On No-Buy (4/15 - 6/15 then off for 6/16 and then back on until fall sale)
  • Makeupinfinity: On No-Buy (Oct) (Bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen, Sun-Kit)
  • shadetertiary: On No-Buy (May 31st)
  • AlisG: On No-Buy (May 31st) (Replacements for necessary items & Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30)
  • almostyou: On No-Buy (5/1 - 8/31) (Necessities like cotton pads & sunscreen and break in Aug for Bday)
  • wendyomgwar: On No-Buy (5/31) (Except for the use of a GC from Clarins)
  • LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
  • weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
  • levid:
  • IttyxBittyxMe: On No-Buy (5/31) (2 purchases a month < 50.00)
  • Zpsid91: On No-Buy (8/15)

Possible TSB list:

Spoiler
***Would like to keep this to BNIB if possible (we haven't set a start date)

hackneyfl
eriles
shadetertiary
Joannimation
AlisG (canada - but we will make it work)
LariTheLoud
Zpsid91
IttyxBittyxMe

original.jpg

hackneyfl

Re: NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

(0) Hearts

10407.gif

gxlxaxm

I am going to attempt to do a no-buy till November's Sephora sale. I literally have probably around $20k in products and it's come to the point where I need to stop lol. I just put in an order with Urban Decay because they had a ton of awesome sale items.. I got 13 items for like $50 so I couldn't say no. But NO MORE! Going to try and not give in for 7 months. Eeek! I'm scared. Haha. At least I have VIB Rouge status till the end of 2015 to look forward to. 

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Good Morning, if you want to be added to our little list please let me know and I will add you.

Wow you have an impressive spend!!

emmy89

I thought I was getting better now since I got home for two beautiful Sephora boxes (very small ones bough last weekend), and I haven't even stop to open it yet. So I though my anxiety had calmed down, until I saw the e-mail about 3x points for fragrances and I'm trying to hold myself no to buy one. Crazy part is I was just in the hospital yesterday because of complication with my allergies and sinus. Fragrances are one of the worst triggers for my allergies, so it shows how nuts I am for the points! LOL

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Awwwwww sorry about the allergies! Yep, I have resisted the 3X fragrances so far!!!

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

I'm excited and nervous and scared!!!

As the day goes on, I get closer and closer to my Sephora trip tomorrow to get my bf's sister a present. I picked the Sephora in South Coast only because they're the nearest store that has the Maison Martin Replica perfumes...but what if I walk out with more?!?! What if they have some hidden gems that I have to have??

I wish my monitor would spritz out perfume, and I didn't have to go to the store to see for myself :smileysad:

eriles

(0) Hearts

That's when you just have to go in on a mission and not look around. Because once you start looking at all the pretty shiny things...you're done for. At least that's how it works for me if I spend too much time in Sephora lol. I stick to lists when possible. 

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

That's a good idea. Maybe I should set a time limit for myself. 1 hour to get in, get what's on my list, and get out.

hackneyfl

oh lordy! got a feeling gonna see a message that someone fell off the wagon!

you need no-buy hotline just in case of an emergency? LOL LOL LOL

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, I don't think BT is available on their phone app. Maybe I'll bring my iPad and let everyone know when I check in and check out :smileyvery-happy:

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

LOL! We will be watching YOU! ;-)

eriles

(0) Hearts

I am a big list person and it helps. Or at least I make a list of what I want to see in store and try not to stray. It worked for me the other day! I even do it at the grocery store. It helps a lot. 

Did you see the thread where someone posted the sun kit they picked up in a Sephora in JCpenney?? From the looks of the kit I think I am going to pass as I have tried almost all of the things in the kit (unless the one at regular Sephora is slightly different). 

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

Yes, I saw it! It's the first sun kit I've seen! I'm gonna wait for the Sephora one because I read a few messages that said they get 2-3 more product than the JCPenney ones. But I'm excited!! I need more sun products :smileyvery-happy:

hackneyfl

friday.jpg

If you want to be listed above, please reply with no-buy dates and exception items ;-)

Makeupinfinity

Good morning Girls!

Hackney hope you can get some more sleep in this weekend. Can you add me to the roll call?

I have not placed any orders since April 11. My target date is Novemberish. End of October or early November...we'll see how it goes.

I am only limiting myself to bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen. (this includes the Sun-Kit)

Yay, I went into Shoppers yesterday and only bought eye makeup remover and some cotton pads. whohoooooooo!  They didn't have the Clarins sunscreen, and the Shiseido SPF 50 was more expensive than Sephora's.  

Have a great day girls. Keep truckin on the red no-buy wagon!

Joannimation

Yes I second the sleep! hackney, your insomnia is pretty bad, huh? :smileysad:

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Yes, Insomnia is so bad!! Think I may have to get to the DR :-(

Joannimation

:smileysad: oh no. I hope everything is okay!! But maybe a prescription would help because we all know the best tool in a girl's beauty bag is a good night's sleep :smileywink:

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Yep, if they time stamped all my purchases they would range from 1a - 4a on 95% of them!!!

Joannimation

(0) Hearts

No wonder. If I were awake during that time and had nothing to do, I would probably get daily packages from Sephora too!!

hackneyfl

Yep!!! That is what happens when you up at that time of the night! Geeeezeeeee!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 605 replies
  • 529 hearts
  • 51 in conversation
    • tehprincessjenn
    • wendyomgwar
    • waterbaby1981
    • gxlxaxm
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dolceloure