NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

[ Edited ]

Who is with me?!

The unofficial rules are as follows …

Spoiler
  • Commit to a no-buy for a period of time that works for you.
  • Do not get swayed by cute promos.
  • No searching on 'Sephora Favorites'
  • No clicking on the 'Just Arrived' link.
  • Be supportive of all members.

No-Buy Commitment Members:

Spoiler
  • eriles: On No-Buy (4/22 - 7/17th & 7/22 - 9/30) (Sun Celebration Bronzer & Clarins Lip Balm Crayon)
  • Joannimation: On No-Buy (August) (Bday Gift, Meteorites, Maison Martin Replica, D&G L'Imperatrice & Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, Sephora Sun Kit)
  • hackneyfl: On No-Buy (4/15 - 6/15 then off for 6/16 and then back on until fall sale)
  • Makeupinfinity: On No-Buy (Oct) (Bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen, Sun-Kit)
  • shadetertiary: On No-Buy (May 31st)
  • AlisG: On No-Buy (May 31st) (Replacements for necessary items & Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30)
  • almostyou: On No-Buy (5/1 - 8/31) (Necessities like cotton pads & sunscreen and break in Aug for Bday)
  • wendyomgwar: On No-Buy (5/31) (Except for the use of a GC from Clarins)
  • LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
  • weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
  • levid:
  • IttyxBittyxMe: On No-Buy (5/31) (2 purchases a month < 50.00)
  • Zpsid91: On No-Buy (8/15)

Possible TSB list:

Spoiler
***Would like to keep this to BNIB if possible (we haven't set a start date)

hackneyfl
eriles
shadetertiary
Joannimation
AlisG (canada - but we will make it work)
LariTheLoud
Zpsid91
IttyxBittyxMe

original.jpg

Re: NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

(0) Hearts

I need someone to do this to me it's sooo pretty 

(0) Hearts

LOL this should be easy.  I want almost anything that I see for makeup!!!!

(0) Hearts

LOL, I am day 6 and it gets a little easier each day (sometimes), but am I am still tempted!

Good Morning Beauties! Wanted to wish you a beautiful weekend and stay strong on that no-buy commitment!!

ggg.jpg

Good morning Hackney, 

Congratulations on your hubby getting that new job. That is such wonderful news. Have you decided how to celebrate? you must stay strong though.  Just stick to your no buy resolution until your birthday. It's hard, especially when something good happens. Your first impulse is to buy buy. But we are here for you. 

( support group hug circle) 

(0) Hearts

I am loving this little group!

Thanks Makeupinfinity! Well I didn't celebrate with a purchase even though I sooooo wanted too! The hubby even said I could but nope, I held strong!!!

(0) Hearts

Good for you. It's always hardest in the beginning but then you get used to it.....hopefully :smileyhappy:

My sister stopped by yesterday and unloaded a huge bag of free samples. Seems the associates at her Sephora were quite generous during the VIB Rouge event last month. There are so many wonderful items to try out!

BTW hackney can you please show us what you got from yesterday's boxes? 

Ohhhhh, I dumped all that in the stash boxes already, these pics are what I will be going through tomorrow.

Spoiler
IMG_1473.JPG

Spoiler
IMG_1474.JPG
Spoiler
IMG_1475.JPG
Spoiler
IMG_1476.JPG
Spoiler
IMG_1477.JPG

(0) Hearts

Wow. it's like a mini Sephora over at hackney's. :smileyhappy: That Korres set looks interesting. 

(0) Hearts

Going to go through all today and organize!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

This is funny because last week I had a Secret Reward card from VS, and I was sure it had $10, and I told my husband I was going to go to VS, but this time he was like you don't need anything, and I was like I know but if I get the 7/35 Fantasies I will pay 25, and he said no... I gave up and went online to see how much exactly my card had... it has $100... I told him I had a $100 and he said see, if I didn't tell you no, you wouldn't have checked and you would have gone to the store thinking it had $10... This week I got 2 rewards cards one for $10 and one for $30.... Guess I am going back.... before they expire. :smileyhappy:

Nice! Have fun shopping!

(0) Hearts

On a positive note, I been trying out the numerous perfume samples I have and I no longer want to buy Jo Malone red roses (most lovely rose scent as far as I can see on the market) since it just doesn't feel like "me"

Have a ton of perfume samples so that helps to curb my need to buy!

I also have a ton I am thinking of getting something to put them on top of my vanity so I can pick one up and start using them up.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes, I love the Marc Jacobs Daisy so I get that sample every time I placed an order as a sample if it was available, at this point no need to buy for while since I have tons of them ;-)

I always carry a few of them in my purse, they so convenient.

(0) Hearts

I didn't officially join this but mentally I did. So I want to confess that I just bought a toner (Paula's Choice Skin Recovery toner). I am runny low on my current toner, but I could have waited a month or 2, but the free shipping plus $10 from referring friend plus 15% off plus the want/need to get sample sized masks for the plane over took me. I still have my eye on the Clinique moisture surge overnight mask, but lets all try to be strong! 

Hi! This no-buy thing is a lot harder than I thought! I swear it is a sickness! There is always something! I am on day 6 and this is the longest stretch since 01/01 where I have went without a purchase.

(0) Hearts

I hear that! All I'm doing is reading this thread and wishing I had enough willpower to participate. So sad. 

I think I buy more when I'm on a no-buy, lol. When I saw this, the first thing that popped into my head was "But what about all of the LE Mac collections?? I can't possibly NOT get anything!"

That being said, I've decided to buy less, and rethink purchases, ESPECIALLY if they aren't things I need.

I don't need anymore eyeshadow palettes, highlighters, blushes...pretty much everything besides lipstick, because that's the one thing I can't resist.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • No Shopping.jpg
  • upload_443455340657110362.jpg
  • No buy 4.24.jpg
  • no buy 4.24.2.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 4.53.16 PM.png
  • upload_7691485423746187766.jpg