My Life : Living With Diabeties

Carmen1986

My Life : Living With Diabeties

Tonight is a night that has really turned my life around and not in a good way. I had done some blood work for my doctor earlier in the day and then went to work. Later on I had gotten a call from him about the results surprisingly quick I know. From the moment I spoke to him his tone was very uneasy to hear. I knew something was wrong, and then he said it. My sugar levels we're quite high and I am likely type 2 diabeties. Although he wants me to do another fasting and test he seems quite positive of this and so I had to leave work. I was completely shocked and was breaking down while explaining why I had to leave. Ah my boyfriend is got a lot to deal with now but I know somehow we'll get through this. I know I have been slightly ignorant to the comments of me needing to watch what I ate and that I needed to eat healthier ect. I suppose in a sense I was and still sorta am in a state of denial. It's hard to accept but hey I have been through a lot from what you all know as of right now. I just wish that this was simply a nasty nightmare and not a reality I had to face. Anyways thanks for listening to my rant I needed to vent it's hard to take in right now !.

~ Carmen ~ 

Carmen1986

Re: My Life : Living With Diabeties

Hey Laura,

Thank you so much for your post. I have and still go through a lot of crazy stuff but I think once I have time for it to sink in it'll be a lot better. It's definitely life changing for sure and well it's going to be a struggle to change eating habits. I'll make it work :-). Thanks for your support !

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 52 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • spoiledbrat
    • theramenlover
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • garnett