berniebeauty

Musicals

Im a girl in Musical theatre myself, so I want to know... What is/are everyones favorite musical/s.

Personally, I like Chigago, but I'm too young to have preformed that. :smileysad:No way would they let us do that in a public high school!

I also like wicked, and I might see it on broadway over february break:smileyvery-happy:

If you want to say your favorite plays as well feel free!

I cant wait to see what you all like!

~~We are beautiful~~

midnightangel

Re: Musicals

(0) Hearts

Chicago's good. POTO's good. Cats is good. Hair is worth seeing once just for the experience.

Musicals are kind of hit and miss with me. Some are good, some are pointless and some are just gratuitous nonsense. I like Big River for example, but hate Broadway's Mary Poppins. 

Plays I can get behind more easily. I adore anything Shakespearean.

Arsenic and Old Lace is also a favorite.

iknowitstoday

(0) Hearts

I LOVE SUTTON FOSTER!!! And when I go to NY I will CFO out of my way to see whatever she is in. (Along with whatever ELSE I am going to go see)

pandapple6

[ Edited ]

Wicked 

The Pirate Queen

Grease

Hairspray 

Beauty and the Beast

Lion King

Young Frankenstien 

La Cage (the birdcage) 

Addams Family

Legally Blonde

and technically Nightmare Before Chirstmas SHOULD be a musical since it is basically all songs. If there was a broadway show of this I bet it would do really well :smileyhappy: 

I really want to see How to succeed in business without really trying, I really wanted to see it with Daniel Radcliffe <3, but I am seeing it with Nick Jonas. I am also seeing Spiderman soon. 

BTW: I LOVE NATHAN LANE :smileyvery-happy: he has AMAZING talent :smileyhappy: 

berniebeauty

Gosh, dancing was horrible, we had to learn a really hard dance really fast, but I did great for acting. Call backs are tomorrow and Ill find out on monday

~~We are all beautiful~~

tiffanybt

@ berniebeauty - I'll be crossing my fingers for you hoping you get the part! :smileywink: I feel you on the dancing part though. It'll only get easier with practice and emotion. Let yourself go and it'll come to you.

Cheers and good luck,

Tiffany

berniebeauty

I didn't get called back but thats OK. I like having the afternoon off. Now I just have to wait over the weekend.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~We are all beautiful~~

berniebeauty

Hey Girls! It's Monday and just as promised, I have the cast list.

I am...(drumroll)

A COWBOY!!!!

Didn't expect much, I am a freshie. But YAY!

Thanks so much for all of your support!

~~We are all beautiful~~

tiffanybt

Sorry I'm late to congratulate! Sounds like you're going to have so much fun. I still remember being part of musicals when I was younger. Cherish all the times you have with the cast and keep in touch. I still keep in touch with friends I made during the production.  :smileywink:

Cheers,

Tiffany

P.S. Don't forget to post some photos of your costume! I'm sure all of us would love to see how it turns out.

dianabt

Congrats!

It's still a great way to get started and you will learn SO much being in the play! :smileyhappy: And on the plus side.. at least you got a part! I never even tried out for plays for fear or being laughed at or not getting a part. Silly to hold back, congrats! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa

I love Cats, The Wiz and Annie.

To really date myself, I saw Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar in the original Broadway plays (not the remakes or the movies) lol!

My mother had a fit when I went to Hair, she said it wasn't age appropriate.

berniebeauty

Singing auditions for Oklahoma! Were today, and I think I nailed it. Tomorrow is dancing, then after that is acting if I want a speaking role, which I do. Then, friday is callbacks, and Ill know on monday what role I got.Wish me luck!

~~We are all beautiful~~

dianabt

Good Luck berniebeauty!

I'm sure you did great, please let us know how everything goes by Friday! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sara505

My favorites are West Side Story, RENT, Phantom of the Opera, and Hairspray!! I love musicals!!

pandapple6

I just saw How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying with Nick Jonas and Michael Urie and it was AMAZING :smileyvery-happy: SO GOOD :smileyvery-happy: 

I also saw Spiderman Turn off the dark and the set was amazing and i have a newfound obsession with Reeve Careny <3 

not to mention seeing Rent for the first time, I can't get "la vie boheme" and "take me or leave me" out of my head :smileywink: 

Manda

I got to see Cats when I was in elementery school.  Amazing thing is, we actually had to cast members come to our school and explain their costumes as well as apply makeup to us all.  Most of the kids had to sit in the balcony but a friend and I got nice comfortable boxseats.  It was AWESSSOME!!

dianabt

I agree with Janine, "Phantom of the Opera" is SO INCREDIBLE. I haven't seen it since I was a kid but I remember it like no other! I did see a play once called "Lestat" which was a sort of take on "Interview with the Vampire" and "Queen of the Damned" which was very interesting and I liked it a lot (although  it had terrible reviews).

Have any of you ever seen Oklahoma? I love this musical, and on my earliest memories is watching Grover and some other muppets performing it an episode of "Sesame Street". lol

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
berniebeauty

dianabt wrote:

Have any of you ever seen Oklahoma? I love this musical, and on my earliest memories is watching Grover and some other muppets performing it an episode of "Sesame Street". lol

My school is doning that for a musical this year! What part do you think I should audition for?

~~We are all beautiful~~

dianabt

@berniebeauty everyone wants to be Ado Annie! LOL :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
tiffanybt

I'm with sephoramusthave! I love Mamma Mia. Some others I love are Caberet, Chicago, Rent and Music Man. Growing up I was also required to participate in school plays and loved being a part of Music Man. The setup, chorus and all made it exciting to watch the final piece come together. Good luck berniebeauty! I hope you get the part you want. :smileywink:

Cheers,

Tiffany

sephoramusthave

MAMMA MIA! Its NEVER gets old!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 55 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • prettyinpa