Mother's Day!

arielaaaaaaaa

Mother's Day!

So i'm curious what all you ladies are going to get your mom for Mother's Day. 

My mom is like Anti-Sephora cause she doesn't like me spending all my time/money on it. Lol, So something from Sephora doesn't seem the way to go. She loves getting Edible Arrangement so i think that's what i'm going to get her! What are you going to get your mom?

lylysa

Re: Mother's Day!

Food is always a win!

kissXmakeup

Every momma likes something different. It makes it unique! I have a friend whose mom loves balloons. She thinks they are so cute and fun, so she gets balloons year round. Its different, but it makes her unique! I think that is important when buying gifts. No single gift will work for every mom. Except for food & chocolate. hahahaha!

sephoramusthave

I'm a basket pro :smileyvery-happy: Do you know how you get the cellophane to stick/wrap around basket perfectly like the store bought baskets? You just hold a hairdryer to it! SO much fun!

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol I've heard about that, I've never made a basket though, but i am thinking of doing one for my sister's baby shower, With some cute stuff and everything, I just know me, and i can make it a hott mess!

sephoramusthave

Oh man I forgot about flowers! YES flowers are a MUST. I always go to Randalls because they never disappoint---their flowers are always fresh, not basically dead like at Walmart or Target. >_<

sephoramusthave

I ordered from 1800flowers.com once and hated my experience. I ordered this super fancy arrangement that cost a pretty penny but the picture unfortunately was *nothing* like what the receiver actually got. The picture had a tall red vase, the receiver got a basic clear vase, the picture had a dozen red roses with a TON of country like flowers around it and lots of different kinds of greenery, and my receiver just got a dozen red roses in a clear vase. I was soooo mad. I paid about 100 bucks for that too. When I send them a complaint all I got was "so sorry here's a 10% off coupon for your next order" like I'm ever going to consider giving them my money ever again!

I do my own flower arrangements now :smileyvery-happy: That way, I get the exact flowers I want, and the vase I want and the greenery I want and the balloon/card I want. Win win.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

My friend tried to order from there and the bouquet was the saddest thing ever, a dozen roses came in with just 11!!!

She of course contacted the company and sent a replacement bouquet that was MUCH better. The initial transaction/payoff was a dud, but at least her customer service/make up experience wasn't a fail too.

I once had an orchid sent to me via 1800 Flowers and when I got it, there was barely any petals and what was left was wilting and nearly dead. :smileysad:

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh my, That's horrible, I'm so not creative enough to make a pretty flower arrangement, But i will definitely stay away from 1800flowers!!!

sephoramusthave

I didn't know what I was doing until I watched some florist youtube tutorials. OMG youtube---lifechanger!!!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Oh AND I paid extra so that it was hand delivered, but it was just left on the doorstep (what if the wind blew it down and broke the vase?). *insert pissy face here*

kissXmakeup

Oh my gosh! I would be horrified. Especially since it is a gift. Yeaaah, I would rather make it & know exactly what it looks like.

kissXmakeup

I love making stuff. I am a pro at that! I had a presentation yesterday for a class and everyone was so impressed! I made tags to put on chocolate & wrote a lot of cute little things on them like, "EMERGENCY CHOCOLATE!! WARNING: May cause extreme happiness when consumed." & then made little cards and these other crafts all with empowering quotes for the class to hand out to any women or girls they'd like to share a smile with. It was a presentation for my idea on a self-esteem enhancing organization. The professor was so into the idea, she told me to take it up to an existing organization or to bring it up at a local community center! 

sephoramusthave

I actually just mailed a mothers day package to my aunt. I send her a bunch of skincare items---a cleanser, a scrub, a day cream ,a night cream, an eye cream and a card :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

I'm still deciding. She loves Sephora but has enough makeup/skincare/perfume/bodycare/haircare to last her a lifetime.

I'm thinking of making her a basket and filling it with fancy European foods (chocolate/pasta/jams etc). I would go for clothes/shoes but her closet is overflowing.

She loves the Willow Tree angels/figurines so I might get one of those too to put in the basket.

kissXmakeup

Yum! Maybe you can make her favorite dessert & put it in there too? Sounds cute. 

My mom loves sunflowers too, but I know my boyfriend is taking that idea. I love sunflowers as well & he surprises me with them occasionally & also does that for my momma on special occasions. & Brings my parents wine! Boy do they love him.. He's definitely a keeper!

arielaaaaaaaa

That sounds so sweet to make her a basket. 

kissXmakeup

Oh my gosh! My mom is the same way. She sees the Sephora bags & goes "otra vez?!" hahah She'll also ask what did you buy this time? Or what did you NEED this time? It is hilarious. She wants a perry ellis perfume & my brother happens to work there. I have no clue what to buy her. 

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol, My mom says the same, But i get so excited to show her she's like "Ohh no i don't want to see" But she still watches cause she knows i'm so excited everytime i go shopping! I just think Edible Arrangement are so cute, She love pineapples!! So it's perfect!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 65 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • lowrah
    • pamela1989