kalex

Monday morning q and a

[ Edited ]

It's been awhile since I started one of these!  Hope they're fun questions!

1 - Any recent fashion/beauty scores you want to brag about?

2 - Do you have a favorite childhood memory that you want to recreate (or have already) with your child/children?

3 - You can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she…

4 - Have you ever been called for Jury duty? How’d it go?

5 - What do you use to wash your face?

Titian06

Re: Monday morning q and a

1.  Any recent fashion/beauty scores you want to brag about?

No.

2.  Do you have a favorite childhood memory that you want to recreate (or have already) with your child/children?

No childhood memories that I want to recreate; no children.

3.  You can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she…

Handles a stressful situation.

4.  Have you ever been called for Jury duty? How’d it go?

Sat on a jury; plea bargain in another case; excused due to school; most recently, excused for medical reasons.

5.  What do you use to wash your face?

Neutrogena Scrub in AM and Cetaphil in PM.

gongju87

Actually, I just bought the entire Real Techniques line (face sets, seperates, and a few select eye brushes) for like 50 bucks thanks to an Ulta sale. I really like these brushes

2 - Do you have a favorite childhood memory that you want to recreate (or have already) with your child/children?

Hmmm not really, but in general I really want a lil girl one day so I can duplicate the relationship I had with my Mom

Looks you in the eyes

Yes, I got dismissed due to my legal studies

Right now I am rotating between the tons of cleanser samples I have :smileyhappy: But I'm usually not very picky of the cleanser I use as long as it gets the job done. Drugstore stuff like biore work for me in this area

jennjenn123

1.  When the Sephora collection of black eyeliners disappeared from the website I was able to find it in my local store.  Hoping to find my HG eyeliner.

2. Not planning on having kids.

3.  ...by the way (s)he treats animals.

4.  No jury duty.

5.  Last night I used Murad's AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser.  I have a rotation.  I have a couple of other cleansers that are almost finished.  yippie!

Kiki1517

Not recently no.

I didn't have a great childhood, nor did we do much, one thing that I am enjoying is having the opportunity to take vacations together. I never had a vacay as a kid, so it is like being a kid again. I think I enjoyed Disneyland just as much as my kids did!

Treats STRANGERS. 

Twice, but although I really would find it interesting, I did not go. Maybe if there was a guarantee limit that it would only be a few days. Childcare is expensive!

Caudalie Cleansing water to remove makeup and then either hands or Clarisonic (I switch about every other day) with Caudalie Foaming Cleanser.

1930sbella

1. uhh, nail polish on sale :smileyhappy:

2. yes, I have plenty! really though, I just hope I can be as good a parent as my parents are.

3. I guess the way they talk (sometimes), and if they do/don't make eye contact

4. nope :smileyhappy:

5. soap

knadala

1. Charcoal based nose strips (usually $15 for 6), I found them for $3 (for 6) at an asian beauty store.

2. Spending all day at the beach and having a family picnic.

3. Treats other people.

4. I have never made it to the courthouse, thankfully :smileyhappy:

5. My hands? LOL, I alternate a scrub at night and something gentle in the morning. Soy Fresh, Proactiv, St. Ives, Boscia.

roxystar4

1. Im liking the bite matte lip pencil set

2. Surfing together ( athan is still pretty young but just having him stand on the board & pretend to paddle). 

3. Treats other people , esp those people who are regarded as " less" in society .  I also think you can tell a lot about a person by eye contact and body language ( what do they look at while talking to you/ how to they hold their hands/ arms & posture)

4. Yes. But I had moved so I wasn't able to go

5. Shiseido extra gentle cleanser, origins checks & balances, proactive bar soap

DTalksAll

1. Nope

2. Camp Dances. Last year my friends got married over a 3 day weekend upstate where our camp is. After brunch on Sunday we relaxed & at night had a 90's style camp dance & all dressed up in outfits we would have worn 15 years ago. It was a blast! 

3. handles themselves at a dinner table

4. Nope

5. I have multiple cleansers depending on what my skin is up to. I use a clarisonic in the AM 2-3x a week, I wash masks off with a muslin cloth. Always PAT dry. 

NotCrocker

Ahhh I bought my first Guerlain Rouge G lipstick and I LOVE it! 

2 - Do you have a favourite childhood memory that you want to recreate (or have already) with your child/children?
All of our holiday traditions. My husband doesn't have any family traditions so we get to use mine and make our own.

I am on the "treats others" train. 

Nope.

Clinique face scrub or dr.Brandt's Pore Cleanser. 

sephoramusthave

1. If you have an outlet mall around you that has the DDF CCO Lancôme store, stop by. I bought some Armani makeup for a killer price (and yes, I LOVE it!)

2. don't have children, my best childhood memories were at the beach

3. treats others

4. yes, didn't go because I had school

5. right now its origins checks and balances cleanser

mberteig

1.  Just received my first order of elf products from a half off sale on Halloween goodies at their website.  Never tried their products before and am happy with what I got.

2.  I don't have children but my sister and I still open Christmas gifts the same way we did when we were kids, on Christmas Eve, one at a time and taking turns so we all can see what everyone else received.

3.  I agree with the other posters that said how they treat other people.  I would also say if they keep their word.

4.  Many, many times.  I've been on several juries, vast majority criminal cases.  The process is interesting, but what is frustrating is jurors who go in with their minds already made up and refuse to participate in discussions.

5.  Ole Henriksen African Red Tea foaming cleanser.  In the morning, I use a Clarisonic.  In the evening, I use a silicone pad with little nubs on it.  This is so I don't get makeup on the Clarisonic brush.

ChicDabbler

1 - KGD cleansing water for $30 bucks even including shipping. Woohoo!
2 - Going to the zoo every weekend.
3 - You can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she…maintains her things. Style is subjective and I'm ok with agree to disagree. But! Stinky, crumbly and messy outfit/workplace/car is not.
4 - No jury duty
5 - Cleanser with or without shiseido brush at night, wipe with wet/damp towel in the morning.

midnightangel

1 - Bragging isn't my thing.

2 - I'm not having children.

3 - ...talks (or doesn't). More specifically what they talk about.

4 - Too many times to count! I've never been called into a case so it's always amounted to losing a day's pay at work to sit around the courthouse and do nothing. I actually have a summons for next week - yay hooray! :smileytongue:

5 - Boscia detoxifying black cleanser or Lancôme crème mousse confort. And my hands. And cold water. 

glossyguru

1) Nope, i'm on a no buy

2) Still in high school, and don't have children!

3) Eats

4) Nope, can't vote yet, so can't do jury duty

5) Clinique Mild Liquid Facial Soap

LCResz

1. Bought Koh Gen Do Spa Water on HauteLook, $19 for 300 ml, so half price. Never used it before but at the price it seemed like a safe buy.

2. No kids, but I do like taking my nieces and nephews fishing whenever we can.

3. Tips. 

4. Yup, it was interesting and disturbing. Our country has a long way to go before the racial divide and mistrust in others are mended.

5. Depends, I have Soap and Glory 3-in-1 and Origins Modern Friction in the shower at all times.

BeautyJunkie325

1- a cute fall plaid shirt for $15 at JCP

2- don't have any kids but I buy my nieces a new ornament for their Christmas tree every year Just like my mom did for me.

3- interacts with kids or treats people that can't advance them in their career/society.

4- yep, I was even a little excited about it because the judge I was called in for is just great.  He is fair, but pretty stern.  As we were all sitting in the court room, apparently the attorneys were doing some wrangling.  One took a plea deal and the other opted for a trial w/o a jury.  The judge was awesome and came out to explain what the cases were for and what the defendants decided.  

5- morning - Sheiseido's White Lucent (testing it out) with my silicon pad, evening - Sheiseido's Ibuki (testing this one too) with my clarisonic. 

latinadiva

1. I wouldn't even say I want to brag because I feel like that but I did a makeup gig for the first time this Saturday and since I had the extra cash, I wanted to splurge and get a Chanel foundation that I had sampled a while back and really enjoyed (although it's not like the Hourglass one didn't cost equally as much so..was it really something I had to wait for?? lol) but I was super excited to finally get it!

2. I wouldn't say it's a CHILDHOOD memory but for the last...probably 10 years or so, my family has been going to the Jersey Shore every summer. Not like we didn't go every year but for the past 10 years it's been much more of an extended stay vs. just a day or two every once in a while. I can't say I intend on having kids, but if it counts, I would say I would love to make those memories with my niece and nephew.

3. Does it sound weird to say you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she accepts others? I had a specific situation that I found someone was constantly nit-picking other people, and I then realized how discreetly he was trying to change me and from then on I've noticed I have great relationships, whether friend or romantic, with people when they have great relationships with others.

4. I have been called but always have gotten out of it. The first time it was a murder trial and someone in my family has been killed, so I was excused. The second time, I was picked, couldn't do the original time slot, was waiting for the second time slot and it was filled before they needed me. I hope to never have to serve as a juror. I know it's our "civic duty" I just personally don't feel like I would ever be comfortable determining whether or not someone is guilty or not.

5. I use the Olay microdermabrasion set (awesome value if you can find it on sale!..it was $30 when I bought it and that was $15 off)...I do use both washes that pair with it (the daily and the crystal exfoliator) but I cannot for the life of me remember the specific names of them.

FitFan

Happy Monday!

Going to Burlington Coat Factory and realizing popular skincare brands were sold there for super cheap. Makeup remover wipes from Simple on sale for $4
I have many, but I really enjoyed taking weekends to go to college orientations with my family. It was like little impromptu vacations to places I may not have gone otherwise. 
Interacts with their parents/family. ESPECIALLY on the phone
Once, I was excused because I was leaving the country.
Olay Fresh Face Shine Shine Go Away...amazing!

warriorwitch

[ Edited ]

1.) Ummm, not especially. The most recent thing I got was the Vice 2, but I don't feel like bragging, just gonna say GO SEE IT IN PERSON. You will buy it. :smileywink:

2.) Nope, I do not want to have children. EVER.

3.) Treats their pets/animals in general.

4.) Yea, but I had recently moved out of state so I was excused.

5.) Right now I am using Alba Botanica Deep Cleansing Coconut Milk cleanser.

GGrace

Getting my favorite pair of $120 jeans for $25 at costco

Spending 4th of July in Alaska and watching fireworks early in the morning of 5th of July because that's the only time its dark enough.

tips people

I've never had it.

I use Origins Checks & Balances to wash my face both morning and night.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4