DesertRose0706

Monday Funday Random Questions

I really enjoy the random question posts, so I thought I would do my part to keep the fun going!

1 - Whats the first beauty tip/secret you learned and who taught you?

2 - If you could go crazy and eat anything right now with no calories, weight gain or guilt as an obnoxious side effect, what would it be?

3 - What was the high point of your week?

4 - What was the low point of your week?

5 - What is the next item you plan to purchase?

Here are my answers:

1 - The first beauty tip I remember learning from my mom was to braid my long hair every night before bed so it wouldn't get too tangly the next morning.

2 - I could definetely go for a Culvers cheese burger with all the fixins, a side of cheese curds and ranch, a large pepsi and a vanilla custard for dessert!  (This was actually the inspiration for this question, i;m trying to be good and not eat this kind of stuff lol)

3 - The high point of my week was finally finding a makeup vanity.  The one I got is from the early 1900's, is in great shape and I got it for a great price on Craigslist!  I finally have a place to store my growing makeup collection lol

4 - The low point of my week was spending countless hours on homework that is still not done!

5 - I plan to order the ddf benzoyl peroxide gel in the near future, and I am counting down the days until I can order a new Furby Boom.  I had a Furby when they first came out and I really want another one (yes i'm probably too old but I don't care, they are cute!!)

krunce

Re: Monday Funday Random Questions

1. Often, people who are mean to you are envious.

2. Cake is my favourite. I love cake. Mmmm, cake.

3. Finally figuring out how to win Civ 5 Emperor level as Mongolians.

4. Going to sleep two nights ago not knowing if my little sister was ok.

5. Hibiscus tea!

1930sbella

(0) Hearts

Oh no! Is she better?

1930sbella

1. Be who you are. From my parents, they really do know a lot of things.

2. ice cream or french fries

3. spending time with my mom, and then later on spending time with my two best friends.

4. getting stung by yellow jackets

5. a perfume and a shirt my mom really wants

janinebt

Only to use a little perfume. This was back when I was about 5 and found my parent's scent collections to be the most interesting thing in the house haha.

2 - If you could go crazy and eat anything right now with no calories, weight gain or guilt as an obnoxious side effect, what would it be?

Probably the fried mac n' cheese balls from the Cheesecake Factory (if you don't know how many calories are in each trust me you DO NOT want to know).

3 - What was the high point of your week?

Going to Kauai!!

4 - What was the low point of your week?

I'm sick :smileysad:.

Groceries and a tattoo!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
beautylovingirl

1. To always wipe my hands after each skin care product was applied. An advisor at the Lancôme counter.

2.Hot Fudge Cake.

3.Bonus at work

4.Having it so hot outside while I'm doing yard work.

5. Thinking seriously about the Vita Liberta self tanner.

Great questions!

makeupmaven

1. Not really a beauty tip, but my mom used to use henna on my hair when I was a kid (just for some natural highlights), so that was one of my first beauty rituals.

2. It's breakfast time so I wouldn't eat this right now, but my mom's ricotta cheesecake (w/ Frangelico and dark chocolate) is the best thing ever...hmm yummy calories! Her tea smoked duck is also to die for (I won't attempt to make either of these...my mom is a great cook...I like cooking but I'm not into like she was when I was growing up).

3. The week is new...so far the high point was doing yoga last night and making a good dinner. But a lot of my team was out on vacation and everyone is back today, so it's awesome to see everyone tan and rested.

4. Low point...well the week isn't over yet...I'm an optimist and love solving problems so I don't typically get super bogged down w/ low points...

5. Next purchase....hmm I need to slow my roll lol...but I do need to work on a custom fragrance w/ a friend of mine...we made an aromatherapy blend that I really like, but making an actual fragrance (aging the notes etc) will be a different process...geeking out in her lab is really awesome though (I've taken a fragrance course before/ know what I like). I need some new jackets and blouses for work too (must stop buying maxi dresses...must stop buying maxi dresses...).

malday

1 - Tough one! The first useful tip I learned was applying mascara with a little wiggle action. I feel like I learned everything from reading a lot of beauty blogs and self teaching.

2 - An In-n-Out Animal style cheesburger with cheese fries and a Neapolitan shake *droool*

3 - Getting my new Urban Decay Lipsticks and Nail Polishes in the mail!

4 - Going to get my creamer from the refrigerator at work and realizing somebody used it and put the empty bottle back :/

5 - Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pro's Picks Lip Tar Set v1.0. I have a bit of a lipstick problem.

Meg82

1 - I think the first beauty tips I got were when I went into Sephora a few months ago and had the makeover that started all this insanity.  My mom wasn't big on beauty, neither were the other women in my life, so I got to age 30 without any tips.

2 - Umm it's a toss-up between Bertucci's artichoke fonduta or a giant cheesecake

3 - I found out I got into grad school and then a few days later found out I got a rad scholarship that was going to cut my debt by 1/3.

4 - My stats class was created by Satan and I briefly thought there was a way to get out of it, but there is not and I am highly distressed by the class.

5 - YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick.  I will probably have to actually go to a physical Sephora to get it so they can help me with colors which means it might be awhile.  Alternately I might buy the new Urban Decay lipstick in Manic b/c the swatches helped me figure out color.  Why do i buy so much lipstick?  No one knows, it's a terrible addiction though.

nebel

1) first thing that is coming to mind right now is my mom teaching me how to pluck my brows.

2) Home-made macaroni and cheese with breadcrumbs, and then a gigantic cupcake with buttercream frosting for dessert.
  And maybe some mint chip ice cream.

3) Rescuing puppies :smileyhappy:

4) working much longer hours at work than i was supposed to and not really getting to see my husband or dogs for several days last week because of it.

5) More Marc Jacobs makeup!

LCResz

1. Use Lancôme products. - my mom :smileyhappy:

2. Just lock me inside Cold Stone Creamery and throw away the key.

3. My dad's B-Day!

4. No low point thankfully!

5. I will get a full size bottle of Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum as soon as my sample runs out. All of my old acne scars have totally faded!

kalex

1 - My Mom - always wash your face before bed.

2 - I am totally at Culver's with you!  If only cheese curds and frozen custard didn't make me break out.  Snicker's Swirl is the flavor of the day today!  Gah!  Iwillnotgo, Iwillnotgo...

3 - My life has been pretty uneventful lately.  No high points I can think of.  But also...

4 - No low points either!

5 - I'm going to the mall and Barnes and Noble today.  Lord only knows what I'll leave with. ( I'll let you know!)

clarks18

1. What's the first beauty tip/secret you learned and who taught you?

Mom- Always always always blend your eyeshadow.  Grandma- Eat your veggies and fruit and drink tons of water.

2. If you could go crazy and wat anything right now with no caloires, weight gain or guilt as an obnoxious side effect, what would it be?

A huge stack of waffles with blueberries and whipped cream.  It's breakfast time here ha.

3. What was the high point of your week?

My Birthday is on Thursday so high point hasn't happened just yet.

4. What was the low point of your week?

Work, work, and work.  I'm over it.

5. What is the next item you plan to purchase?

Not quite sure but it will probably be either the Algenist Eye serum of the Algenist Retinol Serum. 

Meg82

(0) Hearts

Happy almost Birthday!

prettyinpa

I can't remember, maybe something about wearing a hat so my head didn't get sunburned, from my Dad.

2 - If you could go crazy and eat anything right now with no calories, weight gain or guilt as an obnoxious side effect, what would it be?
A Vietnamese bun, it's a noodle dish with grilled veggies and an eggroll, yum!

Going to the restaurant and eating that dish, it was great! Tied with my dog getting better.

Actually, this week has been great, so far, so good.

CARGO waterproof blush.

violalea

prettyinpa,

I love it to. At my local restaurant its number 44. So my boyfriend called it #44 when he orders haha. Its called Bun thit nuong :smileywink: if you have grilled pork or beef with it.

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

@violalea-  It used to be number 58, but the restaurant renumbered their menu and now it's V4, I think.  Just when I get the numbers down so I don't need a menu, things change. :/

jinxski

1. Wayne Goss had a great tip on wiping mascara with a tissue or something, before application... gets rid of any clumps when applying mascara.

2. I want ice cream stuffed inside a donut because it's 100 degrees out and donuts make me happy, haha

3. Getting off work at 2:30PM and shopping around downtown!

4. Being yelled at by a crossing guard on my way to the subway. Rude, but he was justified... 

5. One of the Korres Greek Yogurt items! Either that, or a new palette!

ellevee09

1. Take your shower with hot water and when you're about to get out the last few mins rinse your body with cold water. My acupuncturist told me that. She said that the hot water opens your pores and the cold water closes them. It helps with everything. Sickness, toxins, etc. I've been doing it ever since...

2. Frosting. Oh gosh....

3. Aniston learning so much at her Learning Center and Gymnastics class.

4. Can't think of anything..everything has been going pretty smooth... :smileywink:

5. A new bathing suit. My daughter starts swimming classes Aug. 1st.

ChicDabbler

Actually my mom, which is a surprise because she never wear make up except for those every two or three year special occasions. Basically use a lighter powder to make your nose seem higher (I got a flat nose).

Wait what? are you serious? I would first go raid (eat every single item on the menu of) a Japanese restaurant, then a Korean one, then a Chinese, then an Italian, then a Spanish and to finish it off, a French bakery. As long as it taste good, I don't discriminate.

**bleep** up the Ariel mirror the 2nd time it came online.

When Ariel mirror went out of stock the first time before I can get it.

Lol, I just made 2 purchases, but since they haven't arrived it counts here. Clinique Stay Matte powder cuz I finally decided to throw away my old one of 7yrs.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Bahaha did you say s n a t c h up the Ariel Mirror? I think it's absurd that gets bleeped.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 52 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday