NotCrocker

Monday Funday Questions

So, confession, these are taken from Makeup and Beauty Blog's Monday Poll, but I thought they were good questions and I love daily questions!

1. What’s one thing you’re trying to do less often?

2. What’s one thing you’re trying to do more often?

3. How often do you clean your house?

4. What’s one of strangest compliments you’ve ever received?

5. Fruit or vegetables?

6. What’s your favourite old-school beauty product?

7. Do you like rainy weather?

8. What’s one thing you’re grateful for at this very moment?

9. When was the last time you spoke in front of an audience?

10. Are you passionate about anything that other people in your life don’t quite understand?

1. Procrastinate! I have to finish my thesis, it's getting ridiculous!

2. More yoga! 

3. I do daily tidying as I move from room to room. And then my husband and I clean as needed throughout the week. 

4. I can't even think of something 'weird.' I feel like I may not have considered it a compliment if it was weird enough. 

5. Fruit is awesome. Veggies are awesome too. I am going to go with veggies because I could eat all sorts for days and not need to take a break from the sweetness.

6. I've not been rocking a lot of beauty products for that long, so I don't have anything yet that I would consider "old-school."

7. Living in Vancouver, I am thankful to prefer rain over snow (at least for now). I grew up in the true north, so have done my time in the snow, I am enjoying the light-jackets and cute umbrellas needed for the rain.

8. A great job.

9. I did a presentation on my thesis for the Masters cohort following mine, a few months ago.

10. Curling, digital non-linear storytelling, makeup.

theramenlover

Re: Monday Funday Questions

(0) Hearts

1. What’s one thing you’re trying to do less often? Check my phone! I'm one of these people that are terribly attached to their phones. I check mine on the subway, at the dinner table and even in bed :smileysad:

2. What’s one thing you’re trying to do more often? Read! I used to be an avid reader but lately, I've been reading less and less due to studies, etc. My aim is for a book a week. 

3. How often do you clean your house? Once a week. I'm actually quite allergic to dust mites so I end up having to vacuum at least once a week or I'll wake up covered in hives. 

4. What’s one of strangest compliments you’ve ever received? That my hair was really black...actually, I've been told this many times and usually, people will ask if I dye my hair black and what brand I use! 

5. Fruit or vegetables? Fruits! 

6. What’s your favourite old-school beauty product? I don't use them anymore, obviously, but one of those old-school rollerball lip glosses! I'm pretty sure it was a Bonne Bell one xD Or one of those flip-top ones in the metal containers. 

7. Do you like rainy weather? Not really. My shoes get wet and I don't like grey skies. It's so gloomy!

8. What’s one thing you’re grateful for at this very moment? Being warm in my apartment. 

9. When was the last time you spoke in front of an audience? Just today! I had to present a case in university.

10. Are you passionate about anything that other people in your life don’t quite understand? Skincare/makeup. Although it depends on the group of people. If it's my makeup friends, they obviously understand my beauty obsession but they wouldn't get my anime/manga obsession and vice versa. 

kelsey808

(0) Hearts

1. What’s one thing you’re trying to do less often? pick at my face ): I've been under a lot of stress due to some difficult college courses (looking at you physics...) and for some unfortunate reason I take it out on my skin, even if there's nothing to pick! it's crazy

2. What’s one thing you’re trying to do more often? yoga (I need something to de-stress lol)

3. How often do you clean your house? not too often, my apartment is small and I rarely make that much of a mess

4. What’s one of strangest compliments you’ve ever received? a couple people have complimented my bottom eyelashes (they're ridiculously long) but I always think it's the weirdest thing to hear haha

5. Fruit or vegetables? both!

6. What’s your favourite old-school beauty product? chapstick every night

7. Do you like rainy weather? only when it's cold or when I don't have to go out anywhere

8. What’s one thing you’re grateful for at this very moment? my parents (even though they can get on my last nerve), they took care of me this weekend as I was sick with the flu!

9. When was the last time you spoke in front of an audience? last week

10. Are you passionate about anything that other people in your life don’t quite understand? religion/spirituality and being vegan

LCResz

(0) Hearts

1. Using fewer curse words in public. 

2. Trying to slow down and enjoy the small victories. 

3. When it gets really messy. I hate cleaning! Thank goodness my hubby is neater than I am. 

4. A man once asked me if I was a local opera star because he heard me speaking. Oh, and once a guy told me he couldn't date me anymore because he watched me teach and said I was intimidating. 

5. Both, but pineapples are my fave thing in the world. 

6. Regular old cotton balls for everything. Not trendy but really useful. 

7. Yup, especially if I can watch old movies while it storms. 

8. That my folks, sis, hubby, and all my remaining loved ones are still around and as well as can be expected :smileyhappy:

9. Every day, to a tough audience, teens. 

10. I am passionate about the English language, I love expanding my vocabulary and teaching others to love having an impressive lexicon :smileywink:

knadala

(0) Hearts

1. Spend money

2. Eat healthy

3. Monthly, I'm barely home

4. "You can say mean things and still sound nice."

5. Fruit!!!

6. Lip balm

7. YES! unless my job requires me to be outdoors

8. My job

9. 2 weeks ago

10. Lip balms, candles, survival gear lol

spoiledbrat

thinking about the past
packing to move
i take care of the cats twice a day or as needed, the housekeeper does the rest - her personality is like Berta on 2 1/2 men - i LOVE her

that i have beautiful ears and feet - creeped me out O.O
5. Fruit or vegetables?

both
an Avon lipstick
i don't like rainy weather, i love it!!

for every living person/pet in my life

when i was in a play earlier this year - i enjoy public speaking
10. Are you passionate about anything that other people in your life don’t quite understand?

removing animals from the road or roadside, i wrap them in a t-shirt - my trunk is full of animal care items; food for cats/dogs, water, gloves, towels, t-shirts, etc. - if only i could wrap some corrupt officials in a t-shirt :smileyvery-happy: that would make my year!

txmommyofboys

(0) Hearts

1. What’s one thing you’re trying to do less often? Weigh myself. It has become an obsessive thing, honestly.

2. What’s one thing you’re trying to do more often? Read to my kids.

3. How often do you clean your house? I pick up every day. But I get my house cleaned every Wednesday :smileyhappy:

4. What’s one of strangest compliments you’ve ever received? My kids routinely tell me that I am "not a normal homeschool mom, I am a rocker one" lol

5. Fruit or vegetables? Ah! So hard to choose. I am thinking I would go with veggies. 

6. What’s your favourite old-school beauty product? Biore pore cleansing strips.

7. Do you like rainy weather? Yes! In moderation, but for a day or so I like it. I prefer the sunshine though :smileyhappy:

8. What’s one thing you’re grateful for at this very moment? My husband, and his way of taking care of me. 

9. When was the last time you spoke in front of an audience? Saturday. At a camp reunion. I can talk in front of a camera all day long (I do YouTube) but I get super nervous to speak in front of large crowds.

10. Are you passionate about anything that other people in your life don’t quite understand? Uh, lots. I am super passionate about homeschooling, freedom of religion, makeup (lol), child abuse, and self worth. :smileyvery-happy:

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

1. Stress. It's not working. :smileytongue:

2. Dance

3. Whenever the urge strikes. I don't have a set schedule.

4. I honestly don't remember. I don't get compliments very often.

5. Both of course!

6. Loose/baby powder...I'd probably die without it (not really though)!

7. God YES! It's my raison d'être!

8. My family. All things considered, they're a bloody amazing bunch of people.

9. Does "thank you" after a song count? I'm not a public speaker.

10. Ugh, so many things...music, Star Trek, silent films, Shakespeare, the gothic subculture, rain, pale skin...the list goes on.

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]
Monday Funday Questions

Overspend, which is a constant battle with makeup and beauty stuff!

Remember to take my books back to the library before my fines equal the national debt! lol

I pick up each day and a big cleaning once a week.

"You have a way with snakes". (I was working at a zoo at the time).

5. Fruit or vegetables?

Fruit

What's an old school beauty product? Like Vaseline as a emergency lip balm?

Not a lot of rainy weather at once, but I garden a lot, so it's necessary.

oops, forgot this one, my family- hubby and dog.

About a month ago.

Makeup!

warriorwitch

Wow this is A LOT of questions. :smileyvery-happy:

1.) Touch my face

2.) Meditate

3.) Depends on how fast it gets dirty

4.) Dunno, a lot of people think I am guy if they hear about me before they meet me, so I get a lot of weird compliments about not being a guy. XD

5.) Fruits.

6.) Coty Airspun Powder

7.) Yes, absolutely

8.) Not being homeless

9.) Years ago

10.) Certainly, quite a few things.

spacesuit

1. Swearing. I'm around kids more often than I used to be so I have to watch my language lately.

2. Going to the gym, there's one near me that has a very low membership fee and I keep putting off joining.

3. Every weekend, most of the time.

4. "You remind me of [a fictional character, usually from something I don't want to watch/read]", it's not really a weird compliment but I find it extremely annoying! I only want to remind people of myself, or at least of someone who actually exists instead of someone else's intellectual property.

5. Both, sometimes together. One of my relatives is sending me a recipe for salad with pear slices and I can't wait to try it out.

6. I haven't been into makeup stuff for very long so I can't really answer this.

7. Yes! As long as it's not raining too hard. No flash floods for me.

8. I am grateful to live in a decently-priced apartment in a convenient location for where I live. Cost of living can be really expensive, I feel like I lucked out.

9. I can't remember. Probably for some group presentation in college.

10. Makeup!

mimibel

[ Edited ]

procrastinate. Bad, bad habit, I've always fought it and often it stalls me in my artwork. 

drink more water, and get back on a good workout schedule. That's 2 but they are closely related. Every time I re-start after a break, I think ' oh NO, why did I ever stop!" Very sore...

weekly, on a schedule. But we touch up anything that gets messy and try to clean as we go. Except the studio. Once a month but weekly floors if they aren't covered in paper cutouts and stuff. More monthly or just after I finish a project. 

"You are never the same twice when I see you." From an artist who eventually used me as a model and bought a painting I was the model for. Kind of cool, kind of creepy. I modeled for a series of classes for a sketch group and it was discussed in the class, haha! 

5. Fruit or vegetables?

I love fruit more but I eat veggies more

really old, the Guerlain fragrances formulated in teens and '20's. I've been wearing Shalimar and testing Apres L'Ondée, Mitsouko, L'Heure Blue. In cosmetics...hm, likely Max Factor Pancake and Coty Airspun powder. That scent... roxystar4, I'd love to see a photo of your collection. 

Adore it. To the point of loving what my mother used to call my 'rainy perfumes' chosen because they smell like damp, rain, or flowers after the rain. I'm one of those who could live in Seattle or live somewhere with a serious monsoon season.

My health. I had a little scare with cervical cancer a few years ago, brought some things right into perspective. 

9. When was the last time you spoke in front of an audience? this past summer.

10. Are you passionate about anything that other people in your life don’t quite understand? Several!  Aesthetics in general and living a lovely lifestyle, making things the best they can be even if they are little mundane things. Elaborate beauty rituals. Offbeat fashion. Also bento, even though I don't do elaborate charaben. They are just like.....why go to all that effort for food? My fiancé gets it just fine though, and eats them all :smileywink:

Candy357

Spend so much, so fast.

Relax

3. How often do you clean your house? Every week.

4. What’s one of strangest compliments you’ve ever received? I don't think any. Usually they are
the same, so pretty and normal one's.

5. Fruit or vegetables? Neither , but I like a mix of both.

6. What’s your favourite old-school beauty product? Not sure?? I use new all the time,
because I like trying a lot of new things.

7. Do you like rainy weather? Yes

8. What’s one thing you’re grateful for at this very moment? Everything.

9. When was the last time you spoke in front of an audience? omg never, I always claim I am
too sick or call in. I can't do it and won't do it. No no no no no thanks!!

Yeah, my stray cats.

nebel

Work.  No really.  I've allowed my company to take way too much advantage of me in the flavor of "offered favors become expected behaviors"  and I'm working way more than is healthy/rational/acceptable.  I have no overtime, no chance of promotion, and no bonuses, and I'm about $20k underpaid comparatively speaking for someone with my degrees and expertise.  Can you tell I'm looking for a new job? 

See my husband.  Not counting time we're both asleep, we see each other about twelve hours a week.  AND WE LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE.

I sort of feel like I'm cleaning up something whenever I have a free minute at home, which isn't often.

Nothing stands out as really odd about the compliment, but when I was in college, invariably after every choir concert some fellow singer would come up to me and tell me that their mom/grandmother/aunt in the audience wouldn't shut up about how "striking" I looked.  I always thought this was a little strange.

5. Fruit or vegetables?

Veggies.

Old school?  Like face powder with lead in it?  Or Radium Water? :smileywink:

Yes.  very much.  I don't like to be out in it, but I love listening to the rain.

The breath in my lungs, and a nice hot cup of coffee.

Oh, probably a few weeks ago.

My husband doesn't quite "get" my friends who are in to board and role playing games.  He is glad that I like to go to gaming nights, but it isn't his thing.

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

1. What’s one thing you’re trying to do less often? be pessimistic

2. What’s one thing you’re trying to do more often? manage my time better

3. How often do you clean your house? I do a little bit on the weekends, but not as much as I should. :smileytongue:

4. What’s one of strangest compliments you’ve ever received? Not super strange, but I've had a few people tell me I'm really flexible (but in the context of yoga classes, lol)

5. Fruit or vegetables? vegetables

6. What’s your favourite old-school beauty product? Smackers!

7. Do you like rainy weather? yes!

8. What’s one thing you’re grateful for at this very moment? my physical/mental health

9. When was the last time you spoke in front of an audience? Do my students count? b/c that's daily! Otherwise, it's been a while, though I'm going to be on a panel for a talk tomorrow on my campus.

10. Are you passionate about anything that other people in your life don’t quite understand? I don't think most of my friends really get my love for beauty products or fitness, but that's ok, they respect it. :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

1) Eat when I'm not really hungry

2) Getting ahead on homework

3) Like once a week, but we vacuum every day

4) I like your face

5) Fruit

6) I'm going with MermaidBarbie on the tweezers

7) No, but seriously, who does?

8) A warm place to take a nap

9) Maybe two weekends ago? 

10) Makeup

LindenAnn

1. Procrastinate at work (like I'm doing now. >.<)

2. Drink more water/exercise.

3. I tend to pick up stuff sporadically throughout the week. Actual cleaning depends on how often I'm home at any given time period.

4. When I was in high school the choir teacher (who's name was Jim Morrison, which I found to be hilarious) tried to get me to join the choir by telling me that I had the sexiest alto voice he'd ever heard. Which was not so much strange as it was creepy, but that's the closest I can come up with.

5. Fruit is really best in the summer, and that's usually the only time I go for fruit over veggies.

6. Does lotion in general count? Dry skin + cold windy winter weather + years of swimming = me using tons of facial moisturizers and body creams since like the age of 11.

7. I actually love overcast drizzling days. My mom says it's the Irish in us.

8. An awesome boss.

9. Did a departmental seminar presentation a few weeks ago.

10. My husband is a computer guy who knows very little about science and gets creeped out by biology. So my hugely nerdy excitement about disease pathogenesis goes largely unappreciated. ("Eew, stop talking about that! Now I'm going to be worried that I've got cancer every time my knee hurts or something!")

roxystar4

1. pick at my face/ bumps

2. be kinder in my mind (not jump to bad conclusions about others)

3. not often enough, LOL

4. you look like Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ

5. vegetables

6. I have an OLD perfume at my father's house. medium.jpg

I don't like the smell of it but the bottle reminds me of my mother (she passed away).

I also have a compact collection. My mother was a antique collector and curator - she started a collection of old makeup compacts for me. I have a large box at my dad's - all kinds of beautiful packaging for loose and pressed powders. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Some probably date back to early 1900's or earlier. 

7. NO

8. Being healthy

9. a few years back

10. surfing, makeup, organization, gardening, healthy vegetarian/vegan cooking/baking, CWTV shows

MermaidBarbie

1. Shop....it's not working too well, but I am trying.

2. Drink more water. My sister keeps mocking me with, "kidney disease is a silent disease." Meh.

3. I clean my room every single day.

4. Can't really think of a any 'weird' compliments I have received.

5. Vegetables.

6. Tweezers?

7. I love rain and gloomy rainy weather. 

8. My aunts are coming over for Thanksgiving.

9. Back in college, giving a speech. 

10. Yes: I am passionate about anything paranormal. 

janinebt

1. Eat sugar.

2. Drink more water :smileyhappy:.

3. 2-3 times a week. I generally break the house work up. 

4. That I have nice hands.

5. Fruits!

6. Oh gosh so many. I honestly love old fashion soft curlers, they're a great alternative 

7. I love rainy weather, especially on days that I'm off or when I'm sick in bed. 

8. Hmm at this very moment? My dogs! They're sitting right here --- > napping 

9. I don't recall. It's been a while. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • spoiledbrat