Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball

CzaCee

Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball

Okay. I don't get the music video at all. I mean, the song in itself was great already. I don't understand how the music video relates to the song. lol. The music video is kinda disturbing, IMO. What's up with the licking on the hammer and riding a wrecking ball naked? I mean, she's Miley Cyrus. So many teenagers look up to her.

garnett

Re: Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball

In my very humble opinion, Miley is a bit of a mess. This is someone who is trying very hard to convince us that she is a grown woman and can do what she wants but she's acting more like a defiant child trying to get attention.   Reminds me of when one of my sons was about 3 and proudly proclaimed his privates to be a "rocket ship" LOL  Miley seems to just discovered that she has lady parts and wants to show it off too!

syritt

I don't think we should be talking badly about anyone on here, regardless of whether we agree with their decisions. She is growing up, having huge success, and making mistakes. It's part of the growing process, and experimenting with what image she wants to portray. I do agree that kids should not be imitating those behaviors (at least until they are of age), but that is something that parents should be discussing with their kids. Controversial behavior in music videos doesn't make you a bad person.

jennydreadful

I totally agree. Eminem rapped about anger issues and punching a woman - no one seemed to blow up about that. Robin Thicke is a middle aged married man who pranced around topless girls half his age AGAIN NO SEPHORA DISCUSSION ABOUT THAT. 

Really, let the girl do what she wants. She wants to be sexual, stop **bleep** shaming. Jesus Christ - you girls ever heard of Feminism?

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]

I'm so tired of hearing about Miley Cyrus. Her music is trash and she's become slutty. Sorry if I sound mean. Just wanted to vent a little. Ah...

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I get the argument that she wants to break away from Hana Montana, but she's past that point a loooong time ago and it's no longer valid, just an excuse. I'm sure no one's thinking of her like that even before this VMA performance. Maybe she's going through a phase, it happens, altho I would much prefer the method Emma Watson used to break away from Hermoine (short hair and classy/edgy) than Miley's method.

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

I commented this when someone posted the VMA performance. People may look up to her, but in the end, she is gonna do what she wants. She is trying to break away from the whole Disney image. I don't agree with her way of doing it... but.. that is how she is choosing to do it. She is just going through a stage and I am sure when she matures a bit she will grow out of this stage just like Christina Aguilera did and I am sure many more artist have done as well. 

As for the video, the only reason that i can think why she wouldve done that licking thing with the hammer was to maybe show you that she is thinking the hammer is the guy, and how she shows how sensitive she was and how much she gave to him (love). and then she also uses it to wreck and smash things, so it shows how the guy (the hammer) wrecked her and is making her this way. ?? lol idk if that last part made sense! As for being naked, I can only think its just how she came in... "naked" and pure and all for love. But it didn't turn out that way. 

I agree, it is a great song though! I wasn't expecting a song like this from her from the way she has portraying herself lately! But it is great!

mommyto4

Uuugh it was directed by Terry Richardson.  That guy is such a perv.  He's the same one that taped Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy.  All around pervert.  As for Miley she is young, free, and has money I'm not shocked by her behavior and choose to not pay much attention. 

BeautyJunkie325

She is telling everyone, through her choices, that she isn't Hanna Montana.  She is showing everyone that she is a grown woman.  I totally don't agree with her methods, but she isn't a child anymore. 

mrscoco

I'm scared if this is how grown women are supposed to show they are one... lol. I agree with you - her methods are not the way I would go.

jennydreadful

You should be more scared of women bashing women. Madonna had the same backlash when she first came out/her concerts. 

Everyone was 'scandalized' that a women could be controversial and sexual. But men can?

Get over it already. 

mrscoco

(0) Hearts

Wow. I feel as though your "get over it" comment was unjustified. This is my first and only time voicing an opinion on this.

I am concerned with women bashing women. I work with collegiate women. I see it every single day. I also see how media influences their ideas of how they are supposed to act, react, and think. These small, daily influences add up to serious issues - especially for young women learning about their place in the world and how to positively embrace their sexuality and emotional health. I can not "get over" the constant influence of media and the way that the women I work with see the world they are supposed to fit into. I am not saying that this is anything new, but it is a constant and ever changing issue that deserves thought and analysis to learn, grow and teach.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

You're right and Madonna is still going strong. I don't see as many people bashing Lady Gaga and Rihanna and they look just as ridiculous half the time.I haven't watched this video yet, but regarding the VMA performance, I could care less what she looked like, but would have been great if she had practiced more and actually sounded great. To be honest, I see more scandalous clothes in the grocery store. At least if its on tv I can change the channel, but when it's standing right in front of me am I supposed to walk with my eyes closed? lol

kalex

I don't understand why you're asking this question after her VMA fiasco.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • kalex
    • sephoramusthave
    • mrscoco
    • waterbaby1981
    • aviscardi
    • annonymous1