kimmi1115

May Be Getting A New Furry "Brother"

As you all know, I had to put down my almost 15 years old "sister" Jewel.  Although I am not completely healed and I still cry over her, I think she has pointed my family and I into the direction of a new furry family member.  Some people may think I sound crazy that I believe this her doing, but that's just your opinion lol.  And we all know the saying about opinions lol.

Anyway, over the weekend, my former high school English teacher shared a picture of a bloodhound on Facebook from the local Animal Control page.  I knew the Humane Society had a page, but I did not know that Animal Control had one as well.  I believe Jewel was using my former teacher to point out the bloodhound.  The timing is quite strange because a) it is my dad's turn to pick the next pet and to name him/her  b) he has always wanted a blood hound.

I showed my mom and dad the picture and whatnot, and we all fell in love.  We prepaid the adoption so he could be ours.  Since he looks like he may be a pure breed, animal control has to hold him for about a week for an owner to come forward and claim him.  The owner has until tomorrow.  If the owner really cared, I believe he or she would have come forward sooner.  I don't think the person will because it looks like he has been roaming for a while.  He is skinny, especially at the waist.

Lanndan and I went to meet him yesterday, and he has some of Jewel's personality.  I about cried when we left Animal Control.  I think Brutus will love his future brother.  Brutus has been lonely, too.  I've seen him look at Jewel's grave, especially when I visit it.  He's also been in his dog house more.

Here are some pictures Lanndan and I took.

dog 1.jpgBloodhound kisses  :smileyhappy:

dog 2.jpgYou can see how skinny he is in this picture, and he is shedding his winter coat.

dog 3.jpg

I have a picture of Jewel where she looks at the camera exactly like he did.  :smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

Re: May Be Getting A New Furry "Brother"

Teehee!  Meat Head!  That's such an excellent name :smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

@MoreGun89 and Lylysa   I think he already understands what his name is, too.  He is a very smart boy.

lylysa