sephoramusthave

March Favorites

[ Edited ]

Thought I'd continue bananachoox3's awesome threads.....whats are your fave product/s this month?

Mine is my TheBalm and The Beautiful Palette. Have not been able to put it down since I've put myself on no-buy. I bought it months ago and its been just kinda sitting there, brand new and untouched...and I cant believe it took me THIS long to actually use it. Been playing around with 5 of the shades so far. It has 16 shadows, and 3 lip/cheek products (coral, pink, pink-nude). I'll post a picture when I can.

Next!

kimmi1115

Re: March Favorites

(0) Hearts

Since today is the last day of March, here are the products I've been loving and/or used a lot this month.

march.jpg

-Bath and Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist in Peach Sparkle: I figured it was time to pull this back out.  I love the smell of peaches!

--EOS Lip Balm in Summer Fruit

-Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Wink: It smells like Bubble Gum!!!!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

-Benefit Fake Up Concealer in Light: love!!!!  It's so creamy!

-Some sort of cuticle remover from Sally's: The name was on the packaging, which went in the trash lol.  However, this stuff works very well!

-Orly Cuticle Therapy Creme: I love this waayyy better than Burt's Bees.  Sorry Burt lol.

missjr

(0) Hearts

Right now, I'm really feeling the Make Up Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation.  This, after I swore up and down that I was not going to purchase another powder foundation anytime soon.  But, I was in Sephora recently and just had to try it!  Although I am a 180 in the HD Invisible Cover Foundation, the SA strongly recommended that I get color-matched before choosing anything.  As it turned out, this foundation goes on darker than the liquid foundation and a lighter shade was chosen for me - 177 (Neutral Caramel).  I love it! I prefer to apply it wet with a kabuki brush.  It gives me an even, polished look that isn't so matte that it looks like a mask.  I highly recommend this powder and believe it is imperative to get color-matched before purchasing it.

Make Up Forever Foundation.jpg

I'm also loving Make Up Forever's Aqua Creme waterproof cream eyeshadow in Plum, as well as the Aqua Eyes pencils in Matte Black and Burgandy.  The pencils are multi-purpose tools which can be used as liners and shadows.  I was a little uneasy about these products, but I've become quite adept at applying them and they literally last all day!

Aqua Creme Shadow.jpg   

Aqua Eyes Black.jpg

Aqua Eyes Burgandy.jpg

rockhound0508

(0) Hearts

Do you use the eyeshadow as a liner or a single color?

How do you use it?

ChicDabbler

Well, March is almost over. I've raved about Algenist cream and Peter Thomas Roth SPF30 lotion, but the item that I'm obsessed with this month is Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water.

It seriously feels like water and does not leave residue/film on face like Caudalie/Sephora water that I've tried. It used to be marketed as makeup remover, cleanser and toner, tho now it's just marketed as a make up remover. On lazy/tired days I just soak a cotton pad with it, wipe all over and go to sleep (without even moisturizing *gasp*) and my skin is fine with it. Love it.

kimmi1115

I'm not too sure what will be my favorites for this month yet.  I've been using a variety of items so far.  Some days I go for brights, and on other days I go for the neutrals.  Another reason for variety is due to classroom observations.

My mom and I are both going to be putting in an Avon order in a few days.  My neighbor sells Avon now, and I asked if she could bring a book by yesterday.  There's a pastel/bright palette in the Mark one that I am very interested in lol.

carolang

Clinique chubby stick intense in mightiest maraschino and grandest grape (I never would have gone for a grape color as it sounds too dark but its a gorgeous berry color - similar to MAC Rebel but I love the chubby stick consistency very creamy). Great for me as I'm not huge into lipstick - just looks a little heavy on me.

I also like Diorshow Iconic Overcurl (Dior mascara in general) but my lashes are already pretty curled but short and they end up still looking a little stubby with this.

Also loving my Nars Madly blush - I bought this nude-y peachy blush to act as a neutral blush for use with red lips/other highly pigmented eye and cheek looks. I love it and preferred it over Nars Lustre.

janinebt

March is still very young! I dunno if I can predetermine what I'm loving just yet fully (hehe). 

Make Up For Ever's Pro Finishswfupload_1448803685698046371.jpg

I'm not going to lie it did take me a while to fall for this powder, but it is really starting to grow on me. I am really enjoing the layered look that it provides me with when paired with MUFE's HD foundation.

Diorshow Iconic Over Curl Mascara

swfupload_3329512609054621624.jpgI've already raved and raved about this on BeautyTalk...but in case you missed it: this is my new favorite mascara. I can get long batty lashes in just seconds.

I do want to try Kat Von D's new blushes this month. I swatched a few colors last time I was in my local store. They're insanely pigmented and very pretty. I'm thinking about getitng Heartagram, a rich satin berry color.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
MoreGun89

I was wowed by the Jasmine A Whole New World perfume, I'm rarely so taken with perfumes!  But this one is just fun, exotic and delicious ^.^

bananachoox3

So far into this month, I've been reaching for my Maybelline Rocket Mascara over my "high-end" mascara. I seriously love Maybelline's mascara. Never found one to be a disappointment!

sephoramusthave

I remember the Tarte cream blush...I've never seen it at Sephora but I have at ulta...I remember really liking the peachy-pink color but they were sold out. It had such a neat texture. I want the Theodora palette....only because I like almost all the colors (I would never use the green)....and I've been wanting a build your own palette for awhile but cant justify the purchase because of my already crazy shadow collection....

prettyinpa

The green really doesn't look green on me, it looks more like gold with a hint of moss color. Nothing like emerald or true green, it's very wearable. Try swatching it out, you might find it's nice in a neutral way.

dianabt

Mine too prettyinpa! The green is almost a gold, which is sort of funny considering there is already a gold/black shadow duo included :smileyhappy:

This month I'm really liking the fact that I swapped to using a brow powder instead of pencil. Having that slanted tip brush is SO much easier for more definition on my brows than constantly having to sharpen  (and waste!) my Lancome pencil.

I also went through my stash of saved items and started using my PTR laser free resurfacer serum (I dont know why I ever stopped, one day and I notice a difference!) as well as my rosebud salve in a tube. It's slightly more difficult to squeeze and get product out of it but super handy nonetheless! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa

I'm really liking my new UD Theodora palette, which I got right before going on No-buy. The lip color is way too bright for me, but the rest of the set is gorgeous. My favorite is the golden green color, wish that had been a whole pan instead of half, maybe it'll come out as a single in the future. Like you, Sephoramusthave, I have been "shopping" in my collection and really finding some neat stuff that has just been sitting around, like my Tarte Maracuja cream blush and my PTR unwrinkle pads. Hope to use up some of these before the end of the month!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • ChicDabbler