maltipoo66

Maltipoo Makeup Look: Sultry Grey Smokey Eye

Hi everyone!  I was playing around with my Sephora Pantone Universe eyeshadow palette and came up with this grey smokey eye.  I like it a lot-it seems to be very wearable, suitable for any evening occasion.  Here's the step by step!

1. Apply an eye primer (I used UDPP) and apply a pale grey eyeshadow on the inner 1/3 of the lid, in the tearduct, and along the inner 1/3 of the bottom lashline:

Photo 1155.jpg

2. Apply a medium grey eyeshadow on the middle 1/3 of the lid:

Photo 1157.jpg

3. Apply a deep grey eyeshadow on the outer 1/3 of the lid, and apply it into the crease too.  I wanted the look to be a little darker, so I applied a dot of black shadow and blended it into the outer v.  BLEND! :

Photo 1160.jpg

4. Apply the deep grey shade along the outer 2/3 of your lower lashline.  Then, with a black eyeshadow, line the outer 2/3 of the upper lashline (we're using shadow instead of pencil for a smokier effect):

Photo 1164.jpg

5. Apply mascara and touch up any shadows you want to emphasize (I went over the palest grey and patted a touch of the pale grey on my browbone to highlight, then added a touch of black shadow on my outer lower lashline where I had applied the deep grey.)  Here's the final look:

Photo 1149.jpg

That's it!  I think the different shades of grey gives a nice, soft definition.  Talk to you soon!

geminibreeze

Re: Maltipoo Makeup Look: Sultry Grey Smokey Eye

I love it! Very subtle! And can slip it in for work even! and at night just go a lil darker! Thanks for the tutorial!

makeupobesessed

Thanks for always posting your steps and products. Makes recreating it or changing it to suit your own needs much easier. You're a busy girl!
prettyinpa

Love this look, you really have a winner here!  I really like grey shadows, I have a bunch, so I'm going to haul them out and try your new look today!  That's what I love so much about your looks, it really helps motivate me to try new things and get out of the old makeup rut.

I got my UD Smoked Palette yesterday (yep, I caved), there's some pretty greys in there, going to start with them.

Thanks so much!

kimmi1115

Very pretty, maltipoo!!  I like how it's light and not too dramatic, especially for people ( like me lol) who don't use greys much. 

dianabt

This is a very nice, subtle and yet girly look! I love how you always include the step by steps! :smileyhappy: Always fun to see your posts and new looks maltipoo66! Thanks for sharing with us all.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
maltipoo66

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much guys!  Glad you like it :smileyhappy:

@prettyinpa: I saw that palette in an UD email-it looks gorgeous!  Too bad I'm on a serious no-buy for the rest of this month...

prohelen

Really beautiful! Well done maltipoo!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • maltipoo66
    • kimmi1115