maltipoo66

Maltipoo Makeup Look: Pantone Smokey eyes

Hi everyone!  It's been a while since I made one of these looks, but I recently bought this book called Express Makeup by Rae Morris, and was inspired by one of the looks to create this smokey eye.  I thought this look would be crazy dramatic, but once I applied it, I was surprised to find that it is completely wearable!  The famous Pantone-like orange color really softens the look.  This is a great evening look that even I would wear (and I'm the queen of the super natural, almost no-makeup look haha).  Here are the pics:

Photo 1062.jpg

Photo 1066.jpg

Photo 1076.jpg

(this last one has a computer brightening effect)

Here's how to get the look:

1.Apply an eye primer (I used UDPP)

2. On the bottom lashline, lightly apply a medium-dark brown eyeliner, and go over the liner with a bright orange shadow. (this doesn't have to be neat-we're going to go over it with black in a minute)

3. Go in all over the lid with a deep black shadow, and blend the color to the very outer crease as well (not the whole crease).

4. Blend the bright orange shadow into the crease and a little closer to the browbone (there should be an orange rim around the black on the lid.

5. Place a dot of highlight shadow on the browbone so the orange doesn't reach all the way up to the brows, and also in the tearduct.

6. On the lower lashline, draw a thick line with a black shadow. (line all the way in)

7. With the orange shadow on a liner brush, blend the orange just below the black so that it fades naturally.  The orange shade should now make a complete ring around the black.

8.  Apply tons of deep black mascara.

That's it!  It's pretty simple-the key is really just to blend, blend, blend.  Hope you like it!  I have another more springy look in mind that I'll post soon.  Talk to you then!  :smileyhappy:

projulie

Re: Maltipoo Makeup Look: Pantone Smokey eyes

Hi,

GREAT JOB! It looks amazing. :smileyhappy:

melissabt

Very pretty! I love the added orange tone:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
glamournut

Very nice and it looks very wearable. I also love the orange that you incorporated in the look. Thank you so much!
cryshun

this is so pretty, thanks for sharing!!

dianabt

Thanks for sharing with all of us! I like how you put a step by step order how to re-create this look too, its very helpful and shows how you can blend the orange and darker shades without making a mess :smileywink: I really like this dark smokey look on you!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
makeupobesessed

Cute!
janinebt

Very lovely! Thanks for sharing Maltipoo! I like that you incorporated orange into the look, which really flatters the black shadow :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • glamournut
    • dianabt
    • melissabt