Makeup vanity design must-haves?

Hi everyone,

We're remodeling our house and turning a spare bedroom into a walk-in closet.  The closet in that room will be become my makeup vanity area.  We removed the doors from the closet.

The closet is only half as deep as a regular closet, as the other half was taken up by the adjoining room's remodel.

I think it is the perfect size for a counter top with a vanity chair in front.  I can put several shelves on the walls on each side to hold makeup palettes, etc.  And, of course, good mirrors and lighting!

What would you do with such a space?  Looking for ideas, either in the design of it, what should be in a vanity, or how would you paint/decorate it?  I am excited about it!

Re: Makeup vanity design must-haves?

(0) Hearts

Yeah I second Pinterest for ideas =)

(0) Hearts

How exciting! Smiley Happy

I kinda have a "vanity" in my room. lol.  It's a computer desk turned into a make-up desk.  Love the drawers so I can sit there and grab whatever I need close to me. They are all on one side. I have organizers inside them. I have a big mirror on the wall and an extra light.  So for me drawers by my side is a must as well as an electrical outlet for hair dryer and such. Mine is white because I like the look but it does get dirty a bit. Maybe next time I'll get a glass top. Smiley Wink  Although this is a surface that is "cheap" and does get dirty.

You can paint the wall inside the closet a different color so it becomes a feature wall. =)

I like to go on pinterest and look for vanity themes, they have everything from; glam, to classic, to bright and fun. I also like to search for makeup storage and organization on pinterest because it incorporates the design into the functionality of the setup.

You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • vanity.jpg
  • original-vanity.jpg
  • IMG_2617.JPG
  • vg-bttm27-s-broadway-silver-lighted-vanity-makeup-mirror-783-500x500.jpg
  • lighted-makeup-mirror-10.png
  • upload_2731736375234068295.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • upload_4531125362516744560.jpg
  • 1005023_676502919037269_1972706551_n.jpg