mberteig

Makeup vanity design must-haves?

Hi everyone,

We're remodeling our house and turning a spare bedroom into a walk-in closet.  The closet in that room will be become my makeup vanity area.  We removed the doors from the closet.

The closet is only half as deep as a regular closet, as the other half was taken up by the adjoining room's remodel.

I think it is the perfect size for a counter top with a vanity chair in front.  I can put several shelves on the walls on each side to hold makeup palettes, etc.  And, of course, good mirrors and lighting!

What would you do with such a space?  Looking for ideas, either in the design of it, what should be in a vanity, or how would you paint/decorate it?  I am excited about it!

veronika23

Re: Makeup vanity design must-haves?

(0) Hearts

Yeah I second Pinterest for ideas =)

veronika23

(0) Hearts

How exciting! :smileyhappy:

I kinda have a "vanity" in my room. lol.  It's a computer desk turned into a make-up desk.  Love the drawers so I can sit there and grab whatever I need close to me. They are all on one side. I have organizers inside them. I have a big mirror on the wall and an extra light.  So for me drawers by my side is a must as well as an electrical outlet for hair dryer and such. Mine is white because I like the look but it does get dirty a bit. Maybe next time I'll get a glass top. :smileywink:  Although this is a surface that is "cheap" and does get dirty.

You can paint the wall inside the closet a different color so it becomes a feature wall. =)

knadala

I like to go on pinterest and look for vanity themes, they have everything from; glam, to classic, to bright and fun. I also like to search for makeup storage and organization on pinterest because it incorporates the design into the functionality of the setup.

vanity.jpgoriginal-vanity.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 51 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • mberteig
    • jojobe
    • lilyyy
    • janinebt