cellist

Makeup Design school?

(0) Hearts

I have a dream to become a makeup artist. Or at least go to school for it! There is a school in NY and California called "Makeup Design" (MUD) that i've looked into. Are there other ways to go about become a pro makeup artist? What are some education/schooling options? Are there any scholarships?

Thanks!

ran8

Re: Makeup Design school?

(0) Hearts

Have you tried asking a counselor or a career center about it?  That might be one of your best resources for more information. 

Also do not hesitate to ask the cast members at Sephora (the color ones especially?) and see if they have any recommendations or suggestions.  Or if you know anyone who does makeup design for a living, ask in your network. 

As for scholarships, fastweb might have some.  It will take some research to find them.  Never apply for anything asking for money (includes fees, deposits, etc).  Also do your research on each school. 

Best of luck. 

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

Make Up For Ever just opened an academy in New York (they have others all over the globe already) for makeup design, such as film and tv, stage, fashion, etc.  If you check out their facebook page there's a link, or you can check out their website.  Looks like classes would start Jan. 9 and there's a couple of different modules, but you have to take the levels in order (basics before the film, tv, fashion, stage parts).  If you did module A and took all four levels, you'd be done May 25.

I live in WA and do NOT want to live in NY for 5-6 months for that, but if they opened up one in the Puget Sound/Pacific Northwest Region, I would definitely do it.  I'm starting to look into taking classes and getting an esthetician license...I would love to work in the beauty industry and make other women and men of all ages feel and look beautiful.

maltipoo66

(0) Hearts

Hi, cellist!  I haven't gone to a beauty school, but I have done a lot of research since I've very interested in makeup artistry too, and I think the two best makeup schools in NY are the Makeup Designory (MUD-they have their own youtube channel if you want to check them out more) and Christine Valmy (small program-if you tell them that you are interested in possible taking a course there, they send you emails with dates and information that is very helpful.)  Hope this helps you and good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • cellist
    • waterbaby1981
    • ran8