Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
Anonymous Insider

#Lust 004 and Patmgrath.com

I'm rather upset. I had been planning to purchase #Lust004 kit today on patmcgrath.com as I missed the very flash release on Sephora recently, and Pat Mcgrath's site kept being unable to recognize my billing details and putting multiple errors on my card.

What was worse was that it actually messed up my bank card so much that I had to spend 4 hours on the phone to the bank fraud team, as the site somehow created multiple blocks that have, for some reason, kept flagging up as malicious activity to my card to the fraud team even up until an hour ago. That's nearly 8 hours since I tried to make the purchase.

After my card was unblocked, the site itself wouldn't recognise the post code. There seemed to be something wrong with its recogising of shipping addresses. The card was fine, in terms of being recognised, after i spoke with the bank. But the site wouldn't let addresses be inputted properly and there seemed no customer support. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this with this site. That's why I went through the card thing with my bark, but after the site recognised the card, it wouldn't recognise the street address. So I'm inquiring as to whether anyone had had a similar experience with customer support / address imputing from this site

What made it worse was that I emailed Pat Mcgrath's customer service immediately, however I had no responses. I've also tried to flag it up to pat on twitter, in case there was a site issue, but the tweets have just been ignored.

It's an account I regularly use online and have had for years, and neither I (nor the bank!) have ever seen or experienced anything quite like this before. I ultimately don't have lust, as by the time I had gotten it sorted out for the literally at least twenty fifth time with the bank, it was sold out already!

It is really worrying for me with my card too, especially that both the twitter and customer service have thus far been unresponsive. This was especially worrying when the company cannot have not known that there would be a flood of customers during that time window. Indeed they had created and encouraged it more months!  

The *really* ridiculous and upsetting thing is that the site kept sending automatic emails to my inbox saying that I had items in my cart, and enticing that I should carry on and complete my purchase (which I attempted multiple times, unsuccessfully).

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this?

Ultimately, I didn't manage to get Lust, and now I have the worry of my bank account. I don't know what I will do if any long standing issues occur to my account, as patmcgrath's side seem rather hard to contact.

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing