roxystar4

Love BT Promotions

I think it is so awesome that Sephora did the eyeshadow promotion for the BT community a few months back.  I think it was a win-win. It got us in the store (I'm sure some of us picked up a little something when we went to swatch...) and then we get to try a new product!

I just really wanted to post a huge thank you!  (I haven't received mine yet but I'm like a hopeful puppy each day when I look for the mail).

I hope that we can do more of these really neat promotions within the BT community in the future. :smileyhappy: Thank you!

kd006

Re: Love BT Promotions

@dannyc I understand your comment but I was just pointing out that I wasn't able to participate and it is nice when online people can. This is an online community.. many people only shop online because there aren't stores around/they just choose to. I definitely don't feel "entitled to" anything or not thankful for promotions.. that wasn't how I meant it or anyone else meant it I'm sure. We were just stating something we wanted. There isn't anything wrong with that. I didn't mean my comment in any way of a negative form which is why I put a smiley face and said that it was a great opportunity for people who were able to participate. Sorry if you read it as me being a brat and being ungrateful because that is the last thing I am and I think I can say for other people who also posted the same concerns is that that is not how we meant for our comment to come across. It was just pointing out an aspect to the promotion that would be nice if they changed in future promotions.

DTalksAll

Not at all, just a general comment that it's impossible to please everyone. I remember a while back a youtuber I was following was having a contest. Like most youtube gurus she was cross promoting on twitter & FB. There were multiple ways to enter, all entires would go into a form & one was chosen at random. My tweet won (I entered on YT, FB & numerous times on twitter). Everyone was pissed off because she was a YT guru, who announced the giveaway on YT but chose a winner from twitter. She has many followers on twitter who aren't subscribed to her YT because of her witty tweets... she's funny! 

It is what it is. It would be nice if contests & promos could include & please all, but it's just not possible. 

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- Thanks for your positive way to view both sides.:smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

I didn't participate in the contest. I was too busy to make it to a store & was afraid of making too many impulse purchases before Chic Week. Sure I was bummed, but I aslo understand that every site/store/brand... will have promos that can't please everyone. On facebook everyone complains about the twitter contests. That's what social media is about... "cross promoting" Everyone does it; you have a contest on FB & you promote it on twitter, you have a contest on your youtube & you promote it on FB & Twitter. There are plenty of other contests that try to cater to everyone's needs, but it's impossible to please everyone. Someone will always be disappointed in the rules: "there's to many steps, I don't use instagram, I hate twitter, I don't have a store near me, I'm afraid of the internet, I'm entitled to free stuff because I'm awesome, my nails were the bomb why wasn't my picture picked?!?..."

Be thankful Sephora offers promos/contests.

katie1724

Totally agree with you on all points.

beautylovingirl

@makeupobsessed- I've never tried be an enforcer I express my opinion and if you or any one else takes it wrong that's not my intent so you can feel free to not take part in my post and I'm perfectly fine with that. And as for being a lady (please) I hope you can figure a way out to be more receptive to different peoples views. I'm will continue to express how I feel and that's just the way it is. I responded to the post to how I felt so that's just how it is. As for rude and immature (really?) I'll be perfectly ok with you posting on how you want to and I'll do the same and I'm going to throw a "mature" minute here and end this. I'm done.

beautylovingirl

@makeupobessed- Once again I replied to what you posted it did sound like you were stating that just because we were online shoppers that we'll just have to miss out on the promotions because we don't live near a store. And once again I'm going to reply to the way I feel . Like I said before I can state my opinion just like you can and I will continue to do so. And I have been on here for a year and have seen plenty of negativity and have started plenty of post to be positive. So like I said before I'll gladly skip over any of your post and just remember the way you word something can be taken in many different ways.

makeupobesessed

[ Edited ]

And I'll once again say that BT does not revolve around you and that I don't need you to remind me of the fact that the way things are worded is important, I do already know this.  No one needs you to be the "enforcer" of all things BT.  I'm not sure where I implied that you as an online shopper would have to just miss out on promotions in-store, but the fact is that you will just have to miss out if you dont go to a store.  Thats not my opinion, thats a fact, the same way I'll just have to miss out on social networking promos or an in-store only shopper will miss out on the deluxe sample promos that come with codes for online.  I never said you didn't post plenty positive or that you havent been on here for a year, I simply stated that in all my two yrs on BT, no one has ever called me out the way you did.  It's rude, and so are your posts about being tired of the topics people are posting, etc.  Its also immature of you to keep posting publicly when I asked you to Pm like a lady AND then to post your own "declaration" giving us permission to post what we like.  

I've also received numerous PM's from fellow BT members who agree with me, but do not want to be included in your public tantrum.  The hearts I've received are also ann indicator that at least some of what i say holds true.

If you want to skip over my posts or whatever else you decide, thats fine.  I have a life outside of BT and i won't lose sleep over beautylovingirl not replying to me.  But know how trivial this looks on both our parts.  I will not be publicly replying again.

drrragon

I loved this one in particular because it was a clever way to bring the online and "real" worlds together by getting us to physically go instore, swatch, and upload!  It was so much fun to see other peoples' swatches too.  Well done Sephora!

beautylovingirl

@makeupobsessed- I do buy ONLY online as I don't live near a Sephora and it's easy for you to remark for the in -store shoppers but the at home shoppers have an opinion too since we to are Sephora customers.

makeupobesessed

Im not exactly sure where you read in my post that online only shoppers weren't entitled to their opinions.  Its easy for me to remark on both actually since I buy online and in store, and my comment was merely stating that Sephora cant make all people happy all the time.  Such is the case I made where they offer social networking promos, which I do not get to participate in since I do not care to be on social networks.  I just wait for the next promo and hope its one I can participate in.  I realize that I can't have everything all the time catered especially for me.  

You're entitled to your opinion for sure, but I do not appreciate you calling me out like you did, and pulling me into the drama.  I refrain from making negative comments about or to anyone, I stay out of any drama and if I don't have something nice to say, I don't say anything at all.  I do this not because I dont have an opinion or bc I dont feel like I should be able to say what I think....I refrain from negative comments against fellow BT members in order to maintain the peace and integrity that is BT.  It is meant to be a forum that it light-hearted and supporting in all things beauty and beyond.  

I have never said anything to anyone on here as you have me, and  Ive been a BT member for 2 years now.  I leave the enforcing of BT rules to the mods.  I would appreciate it next time if you would leave my name out of your negativity.  

makeupobesessed

I would also like to say that in the future if you feel compelled to address me as you did, the a PM would suffice.  i dont need the attention all on me.

roxystar4

I can see both ends of the issue.  

On one hand going in the store is good for Sephora- they have a bottom line to meet and a lot of us here on BT like to shop :smileyhappy: (it's no secret!)... so if we are in the store it benefits Sephora and yes we get compensated (free eyeshadow to promote the new reformulated shadows).

But at the same time, the BT community wouldn't be the same without the ladies who post regularly & give great advice (who maybe live far from a store so they shop online).

I created this thread because I feel so grateful that Sephora is open to doing this with the BT community. If we show our appreciation, they may be open to doing promos in the future. I think if we gently try to find a way to include online shoppers, that would be better than coming across as "biting the hand that tries to feed us".

makeupobesessed

I understand those who say their online shoppers only...but not every single thing Sephora does will please every one at the same time.  For instance, I do not use Facebook or other social networking sites, and I do not usually hear about the Fan Fridays or whatever it is on Facebook.  I surely cannot change the fact that Sephora uses social media as a means for promotions though.  So when the swatch promo came up, I took advantage of it for sure.  I think Sephora is trying to reach all walks of life, but its nearly impossible to do so at the same time.  I do shop online, but I am mainly an in-store shopper, as I like to see what I'm buying first.  I have a hard time correctly sizes or colors correctly.  

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

That's true. Sephora did have some giveaways in the past that does not require you to go instore, but they were on....twitter? instangram? one of those social network thing that I was not on and have no desire to be on, so I didn't participate. As long as they keep doing these kind of activities on different channels, I don't mind it being a bit slow. =)

ps. Honestly, the best way to get me to buy instore would be to offer more perks/promos instore. With all the promo code available online, I don't know why anyone would shop instore? tho for me there's also the 40min drive and $8 gas to consider.

beautylovingirl

@prettyinpa- I agree I'm the same as you an at home shopper and I hope Sephora keeps that in mind the next time they promo.

lylysa

I loved the idea of an interactive promo! Sure the relaunch of the newly formulated shadows would have been exciting enough, and I'm sure the Sephora staff could have always created their own swatch photos, but it was a great way for us users to go and actually get a feel for the product and even post a variety of different skin tones so we can see what the shades look like on!

I say keep the interactive promos coming! It was great and boy, did I find some shades that caught my eye!

roxystar4

i agree, the promo got me in the store and looking. I like the interactive part too.  I wonder if there is a way to make it interactive and yet allow for online only girls to participate? 

btmod1

Hi Roxystar4, I'm so glad you enjoyed the eyeshadow promo! You should be receiving your shadow very soon. Keep checking back for future promos! :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

Maybe if Sephora chooses to be generous again, they can do an online/BT community promo and include the people who live far from the stores? 

I just think it is really great that Sephora wanted to give back to their online BT community. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 103 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • drrragon
    • lylysa