FireSpinner

Looking at getting a new camera and a tripod, need advice :)

(0) Hearts

I'm thinking of actually doing some youtube beauty videos. But i am sadly lacking in equipment. I'm in the market for a decent camera and a tripod as well (probably would make things easier lol) What's a good camera/tripod for a beginner?

lissay

Re: Looking at getting a new camera and a tripod, need advice :)

(0) Hearts

I actually found my Tripod at a local pawn shop for $5. I bought a Nikon Coolpix back in May and I love it.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-powershot-sx170-is-16-0-megapixel-digital-camera-black/1593189.p?i...

:smileyhappy: Heyyyy! Photography student here!

This camera is a nice affordable option for a  beginner. It's got a great resolution and you don't have to recharge batteries. BUT you do have to buy batteries. (Double A) But rechargeable double As will work great too. :smileyhappy:

(Battery life is about 8 hours.)

Anyway, this camera is a great little point and shoot and comes with a variety of effects. It was one of my first tools and I loved it! The video quality is pretty great and significantly better than say, a webcam. I highly recommend it. :smileyhappy: CANON FOR LIFE!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i use the T3i rebel EOS and like it but I think if I could go back and do it again, i would have spent the extra $$ and picked up a camera where it auto focuses in video mode (so that I could show close up of swatches without having to manually do it and then edit it later).

carolang

(0) Hearts

A lot of people who start out on YouTube that I think have good quality videos use a Canon T3i. Any tripod will do.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

For camera, I really like the Canon sx50. It has a viewfinder (super important!), 1080hd lens, and 50x optical zoom. It is around $450, but if you are looking to invest in a good camera, then I think that this one is a good option. And for the tripod, I don't see much difference between cheap and expensive tripods, so I would go for the $30 tripod at target.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I love my Nikon Coolpix, and you can get tiny little moldable tripod (like Gorillapod) to set it up anywhere.  I have posted stuff on Youtube taken with that camera/video, they are really clear.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lissay
    • marydiva
    • roxystar4
    • carolang
    • glossyguru
    • FireSpinner