Looking at getting a new camera and a tripod, need advice :)

(0) Hearts

I'm thinking of actually doing some youtube beauty videos. But i am sadly lacking in equipment. I'm in the market for a decent camera and a tripod as well (probably would make things easier lol) What's a good camera/tripod for a beginner?

Re: Looking at getting a new camera and a tripod, need advice :)

(0) Hearts

I actually found my Tripod at a local pawn shop for $5. I bought a Nikon Coolpix back in May and I love it.

(0) Hearts

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-powershot-sx170-is-16-0-megapixel-digital-camera-black/1593189.p?i...

Smiley Happy Heyyyy! Photography student here!

This camera is a nice affordable option for a  beginner. It's got a great resolution and you don't have to recharge batteries. BUT you do have to buy batteries. (Double A) But rechargeable double As will work great too. Smiley Happy

(Battery life is about 8 hours.)

Anyway, this camera is a great little point and shoot and comes with a variety of effects. It was one of my first tools and I loved it! The video quality is pretty great and significantly better than say, a webcam. I highly recommend it. Smiley Happy CANON FOR LIFE!

(0) Hearts

i use the T3i rebel EOS and like it but I think if I could go back and do it again, i would have spent the extra $$ and picked up a camera where it auto focuses in video mode (so that I could show close up of swatches without having to manually do it and then edit it later).

(0) Hearts

A lot of people who start out on YouTube that I think have good quality videos use a Canon T3i. Any tripod will do.

(0) Hearts

For camera, I really like the Canon sx50. It has a viewfinder (super important!), 1080hd lens, and 50x optical zoom. It is around $450, but if you are looking to invest in a good camera, then I think that this one is a good option. And for the tripod, I don't see much difference between cheap and expensive tripods, so I would go for the $30 tripod at target.

(0) Hearts

I love my Nikon Coolpix, and you can get tiny little moldable tripod (like Gorillapod) to set it up anywhere.  I have posted stuff on Youtube taken with that camera/video, they are really clear.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation