nanobear18

Let's get to know each other more.In a non stalker way

So I was scrolling through the old makeup organization tag. and I saw in the background of kimmi's vanity pictures, there was a poster of dean, a character in a TV show called supernatural. So I was wondering...what else do people on beautytalk like, other then makeup? So go ahead and lets post our 5 to 10 favorite activities, things, movies, TV shows, etc. Here are mine:

1. Pretty little liars! the books and TV show are amazing!

2. Japanese anything! Not being racist, I just think stuff from there is supercool.

3. Animated Japanese flimsy. I love miazaki's flims.

4. Graphic novels/manga! lol, I must seem like such a nerd.

5. Art! I love to draw/paint, and really want a career in art one day.

6. chococat! he's the adorable brown cat from hello kitty's little gang of friends. he's discontinued, but i can still find stuff of his online.

kimmi1115

Re: Let's get to know each other more.In a non stalker way

@Charlotte  There's always the chance for a stray to come by, especially since there are still many people out in the world that do no spay or neuter, or at least keep an eye on their unaltered pets.

@dianabt  Birds are really interesting pets!  I like seeing some of the bird videos on YouTube lol.

janinebt

Wow know more about everyone outside of the makeup world :smileyhappy:

I should have also added that I'm a self appointed member of the crazy pet lady club haha. I have two dogs (mini schnauzers), a cat, and a snake. Both my boyfriend and I LOVE animals, my friends joke around that I'm going to be an animal hoarder one day haha.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kimmi1115

@janinebt  I must ask, what kind of snake do you have?  Although I'm kinda afraid of snakes, I'm curious lol.  I have petted one before, but that's about it  lol. 

tiffanybt

I love the title of this thread.

1. I originally went to school for Art and decided to switch majors just to have something to fall back on. I switched to Politics and minored in Music. (the combination was a shocker to my advisor as it's so random)

2. I love watching lightning and thunderstorms. There's something about them that's oddly calming to me. I have no clue why.

3. I love cooking and hope to one day open a restaurant. I've been working on healthy alternatives to cultural dishes from Guam and thinking about doing a global fusion menu. *still in the works*

4. I paint and have lately been trying new techniques with different mediums. 

5. I really want to like cats, but my allergies won't allow it. :smileysad:

6. I rather watch sub-titled films then ones in English so I don't get bored.

Cheers,

Tiffany

dianabt

@Kimmi LOL crazy pet ladies! I will totally be the crazy DOG or BIRD lady.. hopefully dog lady.. I'm allergic to cats! so no cats for me =(

@Waterbaby1981 I had no idea! I'll be up in Portland next week and staying for a bit to catch up with my sister and HOPEFULLY there may be a little bit of snow again like they had this weekend! San Francisco definitely does NOT have snow! I'm looking forward to the tax free shopping. 

@Charlotte see, I'm not so crazy for loving Vampire Diaries! I was sad to find out Stefan is married in real life LOL

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
xoxcharlottexox

@Diana - Tell me about it! I was a little [no, a lot! lol.] heartbroken! I mean even though he's waaay older than me and I have ZERO chance of marrying him, him being married just confirms that! :smileysad: lol.

fran11

[ Edited ]

1. Currently my favorite TV shows are Boardwalk Empire and The Big Bang Theory.  Both are completely different, but very awesome in their own way!

2.  I am a big sports fan. I grew up watching all types of sports and played tennis from jr high through college.  I don't get to play much anymore but am still a big fan of the sport.  I am also a big baseball fan - nothing better than going to a ballgame in the summer (Go Phillies!!) :smileyhappy:

3.  I really enjoy reading but don't have much time for it.  I have a million books on my Barnes & Noble wishlist but haven't been able to get to one in a while.  There's one I purchased a long time ago that I want to read next - it's called Retail Hell: How I Sold My Soul to the Store Confessions of a Tortured Sales Associate.  I worked in retail through my college years.  I loved many parts of it but anyone who works in retail knows of the not so glamorous sides (especially around the holidays!).  I think this should be a funny read!

4  I also like to travel! My goal is to find more time for this! I have many places on my list of places to visit, but my ultimate dream vacation is to stay in one of those over water bungalows in Tahiti! Pure paradise!  (Maybe if I stop spending all of my money on beauty supplies I could save up enough money for this super expensive escape! - hah!)

5.  My other obsession (other than makeup) is jewelry.  A close friend of mine sells jewelry for a company called Lia Sophia and their pieces are absolutely gorgeous! I have acquired quite a collection over the past year and am very exciting for the new Spring line that will be coming out soon!  

janinebt

[ Edited ]

What a fun thread!

I remember chococat! That's really unfortunate that they discontinued him. My favorite Hello Kitty character is Pochacco, although I haven't seen him around recently...they may have retired him too :smileysad:. Miyazaki films are amazing! My Neighbor Totoro was one of my favorite movies growing up. I remember only watching the Japanese version (I don't think the dubbed version was out) and still being able to understand what was going on; you don't need dialogue, all of the character actions speak for themselves :smileyhappy:

1. I'm a horror movie junkie. I started watching horror flicks when I was very young, I remember watching A Nightmare on Elm Street when I was around 5? I've just always loved the suspense and eerie nature of the genre. I have a massive horror DVD collection that I'm always adding new movies to. last good scary movie that I saw was Insidious, it was different and a nice break from all of the excessively gorey films that have been coming out...yuck.

2. I love fashion! Putting together looks, reading fashion books/magazines, watching fashion shows...I  would love to attend New York Fashion week one day. In the meantime I have no problem streaming the live shows on YouTube!

3. My favorite show right now is True Blood. I'm so eager for summer to get here to find out what the upcoming season has in store! Any other Trubies out there?

4.I enjoy traveling! Rather it's to a relaxing beach resort or a busy city, expericing new cultures and tourist attractions is so exciting. This year I'm hoping to visit several friends that live in different states. My sister is going to live in London for a year, I've been once before but wouldn't object to going again.

5. I hate being bored so I'm always actively doing something. Some of my favorite hobbies are: painting, jewelry making, and reading.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 121 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • ssmittys
    • prettyinpa
    • shyvicki
    • xoxcharlottexox