Last Minute Hauls, Anyone?

lylysa

Last Minute Hauls, Anyone?

Alright, so with the buzz of Chic Week there were TONS of posts about hauls, I'm not even going to lie, I took full advantage of CW and made 2 hauls and a third last night! Though the majority of the money spend and products purchased was for friends and family (I'm their resident Sephora-holic and rounds everyone up when I get a coupon), I did get to do a tad of shopping for me.

What I want to know is, did anyone here make any last minute hauls, and if so, what did you get? Was the ticking of the clock and the tempting discount that finally drove you to making your purchase? Was it just timing and you were finally able to make it in a store or shop online? Did you finally get that email notification of an item being in stock?

Last night I purchased MUFE's Mist & Fix Setting Spray (for my cousin), Sephora's Smokey Studio 2 palette (birthday gift for my friend's daughter), and Sephora's Pantone Universe Dazzling 4 lip gloss set (birthday gift for my friend's daughter). Made it up to a little over $50 after the discount too so yay for free shipping!

Now, tell me tell me, Beauty Talkers, what are your last minute hauls?

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Last Minute Hauls, Anyone?

I hate that SiJCP don't carry a ton of brands!! I can't see any of the lipsticks i want to see before buying!! Drives me nuts, I hate returning products but if i can't see what it actually looks like, it might not look good on me!! And my Sephora doesn't carry Laura Mercier. I can't try any of her amazing foundations that have amazing reviews!! I wish SiJCP would carry more products.

roxystar4

I was SOOOO tempted last night to buy more items but resisted. 

quenbee

That's awesome! You have much more will power than I do!!!!  

lylysa

The force is strong with this one!

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

I still have yet to make another order...sorry wallet!

onomotopoeia9

I just got the MUFE microfinish powder, benefit watts up hightlighter, brush shampoo, stila stay all day liner in brown, origins microdermabrasion exfoliater, origins charcoal mask

I still really want the naked basics pallete...what should I do??

blucoke

(0) Hearts

I heard people are saying the Naked Basics Pallete is supposed to be used & compliment w/their Naked Pallete I & II - if you already own the I or II pallete I'd def get it, otherwise wait for sale again!

lylysa

Totally get it! Especially since you get it at a discount, if you end up having second thoughts, return it then, but it's still a killer deal on the price!

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

thanks guys...i think I will!

quenbee

(0) Hearts

You should get it!  It's a great price.  You still get the discount today and its a palette that you just can't go wrong with.  I use that more than naked 1 and 2!

quenbee

Fabulous!  my skin tends to be on the dry side of normal, with a few baby lines showing up.  I wanted something that was going to bind the moisture to my skin.  Sounds like the perfect product.  I can't wait to get all the kits.

lylysa

Awww, yeahhhh! Yup, sure does sound like the perfect product for you! I hope you like it as much as I do!!! ^_^ I'm excited for you!

makeupmaven

You probably already know this, but you can mix your loose shadows (or scrape your pressed shadows) with Mist & Fix to make a waterproof cream shadow/ liner. Love that stuff!

mafan

I'll admit to popping off to Sephora this afternoon.  I picked up things I tried to get at a different store over the weekend and couldn't get.  Much better success today, although my wallet might not agree.

One of my reasons for going was because I realized I didn't have a travel size tube of First Aid Beauty Repair Cream, and it's one of the best moisturizers I've found for my eczema and soothing skin irritated by sunscreen.  (Tubs are a bit big to pack for a trip.) 

I also had a small "Scent Sampler" I wanted to redeem for a rollerball.  I tried to do both over the weekend with no success. The Nashua store had the cream and was really helpful with my scent sampler.  I wanted to get Loverdose, and all of the stores have taken it off of the shelves recently to make room for other things.  (The 'find in store' option said there was none within 100 miles.) I asked at the store and they had them in the back preparing to bring it out again, so they were able to get me one!  They were all so helpful.

While I was there I got the mini 'Metro Chic' polish set.  I then resisted getting anything else as I'd already done plenty of damage during the sale.  Other than trying to get the sun safety kit I really should work to wait until the November sale or a great VIB promotion, as I am very well stocked up right now.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Whooohoo for snagging a moisturizer that works for your skin and for great customer service!

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

oooh I love the loverdose! i also chose that rollerball from my scent sampler, and its my new go-to scent.

Let us know how the metro chic polish set is! I wanted to get it but I wanted to hear some more positive feedback first...

lylysa

Gotta love me my multi-tasking tools! Thanks for sharing that, Makeupmaven, I'm sure lots of folks can benefit from that tip, especially since summer and heat is on the way!

I'm still on my bottle of Mist & Fix, but my cousin ran through her's. I was sad when it wasn't carried in stores anymore!

makeupmaven

Glad that helped...when I worked in the call center a fellow BA shared that with me (works w/ UD's Setting Spray also)!

quenbee

Over the weekend went a little craaazy!  I bought 4 Ole Henricksen kits!  Can't wait to get them!!!!!! I am covered as far as color make up goes, but find that I am lacking in the skin care category. Now I think I'm all set!   I have a couple other things I want to get glad I stiah have time!

lylysa

Oooo, which sets did you get???? My second haul in stores landed me the 500 point perk of the mini Ole kit so yay, I'm back to being stocked on Truth serum!

quenbee

Ok I got the pure truth vitamin c duo, seven skincare sensations, the whole truth vitamin c kit and the art of age control!   Haha with this haul I renewed my VIB through 12/31/2014.  I can't wait to use them!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 85 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa