lylysa

Last Minute Hauls, Anyone?

Alright, so with the buzz of Chic Week there were TONS of posts about hauls, I'm not even going to lie, I took full advantage of CW and made 2 hauls and a third last night! Though the majority of the money spend and products purchased was for friends and family (I'm their resident Sephora-holic and rounds everyone up when I get a coupon), I did get to do a tad of shopping for me.

What I want to know is, did anyone here make any last minute hauls, and if so, what did you get? Was the ticking of the clock and the tempting discount that finally drove you to making your purchase? Was it just timing and you were finally able to make it in a store or shop online? Did you finally get that email notification of an item being in stock?

Last night I purchased MUFE's Mist & Fix Setting Spray (for my cousin), Sephora's Smokey Studio 2 palette (birthday gift for my friend's daughter), and Sephora's Pantone Universe Dazzling 4 lip gloss set (birthday gift for my friend's daughter). Made it up to a little over $50 after the discount too so yay for free shipping!

Now, tell me tell me, Beauty Talkers, what are your last minute hauls?

mkupgk

Re: Last Minute Hauls, Anyone?

I received my sephora package right now but did not use the 15% promo image.jpg

sephoralovex

This is my first time ever purchasing during chicweek... I love discounts and if there's one at Sephora im defiantly going to take advantage!!!

Bought the Benefit fine one one, Benefit fakeup, UD naked basics (finally!!), Tarte 12 hour foundation, NARS turkish delight gloss... a few more.

katie1724

I went in on the last day (the only time I went in, which is rare for me!) and left with face wash (Anthony Logistics Glycolic, which I needed) and Kat von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation. I have been looking for it for ages -- the store was sold out of all colors except my own (and it was the last one, so I had to get it!). Such a boring haul! I wish I could have bought more, but I am trying to save $$...I just replaced my bag. Boo!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

What's funny is I was looking at my bottle of AL wash and am getting down to the wire...maybe still good for a half of month's use, but then I would need a new bottle...should have checked and gotten a new one! Darn!

sephoramusthave

I'm still trying to hunt down the KVD tattoo lock it foundation. I have 4 liquid foundations, a powder foundation and a BB cream so no rush lol but I want it sooooo bad!

Spyski

My last minute haul came in yesterday! 

IMG_1821.JPG

I've been eye balling the Burberry gift set for quite some time and thanks to a recent thread suggestion about the OH invigorating night gel I had to snag one to test it out! Tried it last night, and HOLY MOLY ME OH MY I noticed a difference with the first application! Tightening + brightening, hopefully will see improvement with my overall complexion within a few weeks time. Wearing the PTR anti-shine gel today under my makeup. So far so good, then again it is the morning still. Haha

lylysa

Niiiice haul!

LolaVal

I'm always so happy whenever there's a VIB discount because that's when I stock up for my essentials until the next discount.  This time around I got:

Benefit high beam

Fresh Seaberry exfoliating soap

2 kits of Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Vitamin C Duo (1 for me and one for my sister)

Ole Henriksen Flash Peel

Smith's Rosebud Salve

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 50+

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Night Cream

Josie Maran Argan Oil

Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream (I've never tried this but have been wanting to for a while so i finally had just buy it)

I also got the Benefit and the OH 500 points perk.

I was going to make one last order for the Ole Henriksen three little wonders but it was temporarily out of stock!  I really wanted try the OH invigorating night gel and the sheer transformation.

I bought the Fresh Seaberry Exfoliating Soap because I need to exfoliate my body before summer comes.  Does anyone know whether PTR's Blemish Buffing Beads for the face and body is a better alternative?  Or any other alternative exfoliating washes for the body that also controls possible breakouts during the summer?

Thanks!

katie1724

That is the best eye cream ever -- I swear by it, and I haven't used anything else in years. Love!! :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

The PTR buffing beads for blemishes is good, the beads are super gentle and won't tear or irritate blemishes. Murad makes a acne fighting body was too with similar ingredients (relies on salicylic acid):

http://www.sephora.com/acne-body-wash-P47517?skuId=683136

Kudos to doubling up on the 2 500 point perks!!

LolaVal

Thanks for the recommendations.  I'll definitely try them out!

makeupobesessed

I did get area things for chic week.

I bought: 

a St Tropez tanning glove 

One night only St Tropez self tanner

Sephora brand self tanning lotion x2

Urban Decay Naked foundation this is my second bottle, it's totally working for me)

a hair pony with the metal wrap around

AND

a NEW perfume sampler...last I looked, this wasn't a online yet at all.  It is a new perfume sampler, with six samples in it to chose from, and I chose the Juicy for the full size.  It was $50 but the perfume was a 1.7 oz, and costs $70. The thing that made this sampler so different was that it came with a full size OPI nail color.  It was a dark pink.   I've always loved the perfume samplers, but this is an exciting touch with the nail polish.  And it was an extra 15% so an even better value given the cost of the full size perfume.

anyway,thx for listening, this haul was rather exciting for me.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Were you in a SiJCP by any chance?  I think that's the SiJCP exclusive set I spotted in store...

makeupobesessed

I was in a free standing sephora.  I happened to be looking at the samplers and the manager started talking to me telling me about the new one coming out.  When I seemed interested, she said she would get me one out of the back...

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Oooo, who can resist perfume AND nail polish? :smileytongue:

starletta8

I was all ready for a last second haul.  Even put samples in my cart.

Then, I remembered that I fell in lust with the Chanel summer collection and plan to run there right after work on Friday (hey Sephora, if you had Chanel makeup, I'd spend even more money!).

I slowly backed away from the cart.  Le sigh.

quenbee

(0) Hearts

what is this I hear of the Chanel summer collection.  last year i got this fabulous chanel blush, I think it was their spring collection and it was peachy pink stripes of color. Oh it looks so pretty on.  I will have to check  out the chanel counter next time I'm at the mall. And make sure I leave the credit card at home Haha

starletta8

It had just come in this past weekend to the store I was at- and I'm in one of the big metro areas. Lots of blues and greens- including colored mascara and eyeshadow sticks. I wanted to take the whole thing home (minus the yellow mascara, that baffled me). Then I remembered I could make a car payment with that money. :smileytongue:

quenbee

(0) Hearts

Oooooo blues and greens and eyeshadow sticks!  Sounds so pretty.  Chanel is hard to resist and they are kind of expensive. I end up spending at least $200 every time I "Browse the counter". Hahahahaha   Yeah don't think I would go for the yellow mascara, i don't think it would look very attractive,

emmaclaire

I ended up buying an Illamasqua foundation and a Korres lip butter after doing my monthly buy (SO RIDICULOUS that I have a monthly Sephora shopping session!!!) because of the discount, but I was so annoyed that I bought the BeautyBlender for CW and Ulta was offering a 25% discount!!! Argh.

I'll probably (definitely) get the Dolce & Gabbana powder foundation in a week!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 85 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa