lylysa

Last Minute Hauls, Anyone?

Alright, so with the buzz of Chic Week there were TONS of posts about hauls, I'm not even going to lie, I took full advantage of CW and made 2 hauls and a third last night! Though the majority of the money spend and products purchased was for friends and family (I'm their resident Sephora-holic and rounds everyone up when I get a coupon), I did get to do a tad of shopping for me.

What I want to know is, did anyone here make any last minute hauls, and if so, what did you get? Was the ticking of the clock and the tempting discount that finally drove you to making your purchase? Was it just timing and you were finally able to make it in a store or shop online? Did you finally get that email notification of an item being in stock?

Last night I purchased MUFE's Mist & Fix Setting Spray (for my cousin), Sephora's Smokey Studio 2 palette (birthday gift for my friend's daughter), and Sephora's Pantone Universe Dazzling 4 lip gloss set (birthday gift for my friend's daughter). Made it up to a little over $50 after the discount too so yay for free shipping!

Now, tell me tell me, Beauty Talkers, what are your last minute hauls?

janinebt

Re: Last Minute Hauls, Anyone?

I just did a very mini 'haul'. I wouldn't even call it that.

I ordered a big bottle of Wen (the cucumber aloe) and Origin's High Potency Night-A-Mins cream. I was in need of a new evening cream; my favorite from Soap & Glory has been discontinued :smileysad:. I'm excited to try both. Both my boyfriend and I use Wen, we love it. I've heard nothing but good things about the HP cream, so that'll be exciting to start using too.

I'm planning on doing a massive Sephora haul sometime at the end of the month for summer necessities.

swfupload_8082356283374763900.jpg

swfupload_5914439756803595878.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

(0) Hearts

I bet the Wen wash smells amazing, cucumber is so refreshing!

I used the HPNaM cream before and liked it. Though I didn't stick with it after I finished it, it was a great winter cream and enjoyable!

quenbee

I broke down last night and make a last minute haul!  So I ended up getting the Too Faced loves Sephora 15 anniversary Palette, BE dare to wear gold kit, Too Faced workdays to weekends kit!  I have been thinking about getting the brush set anyway and when this set came along it was a no brainer for me!  And I also cashed in and got the OH 500 pt perk!  Soooooo excited - got the confirm it shipped this morning!

i am officially on a no buy as of right now!  my only purchase will be the sun safety kit!

lylysa

Totally swatch that TF/Sephora palette!!! That Workdays to Weekend kit is SUCH a good deal! I'm a fan of the Naked Eyes kit to begin with and love the quality of the TF brushes!

quenbee

Definitely will!  There are so many pretty colors in that palette- perfect for spring and summer!  Ooooo. And the workday to weekend kit, I am so thrilled to get it.  I was going to purchase most of those items individually so the kit saved me some money! Bonus!

PickyPlease

[ Edited ]

I was springcleaning my makeup stash and finally decided I should return my hourglass ambient light in Dim. It evened my skintone but made me dull? 

Anyways, I returned it for $45 store credit + 15% off and I got my moms bday present, Murad rapid age spot and pigment lightening serum $60 - for $6!

I'm really excited about this because I'm on a low buy lol.

I know I technically still spent the $45, but theres nothing like handing over $6 for high end lol

lylysa

Niiiiice! I once got my mom the Murad serum too for her hyperpigmentation. She's using Ole's Enlighten Me serum now, it's a touch more gentle and doesn't have hydroquinone which can make the skin light sensitive.

That's so nice that you use the credit for your mom!

PickyPlease

[ Edited ]

Ooo I may see if I can find a sample of Ole for her to try out. But you know how it is with people and their beauty staples lol. The hydroquinone explains it: summer is the season of sunhats and long sleeves for my mom.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I got the $45 Enlighten Me kit, with a mini serum, full 1 oz lotion, and a trial of their 3 step power peel. It's a good way for your mom to try it out rather than spending the $45 on the serum alone.

Yeah, I totally hear you about the beauty staples! :smileyvery-happy:

Your mom seems to be pretty savy on sun protection, kudos to her!

Daniela1387

I got three benefit cream eyeshadows (Bikini, RSVP, Birthday Suit)

Boscia facial scrub

Sephora liquid eyeliner

Buxom Lipstick (Rogue, Scoundrel)

Sephora sharpener (I had an urban decay one and it ruined my eyeliner pencils =( and they are urban decay 24/7 Glide Ons)

Makeup Forever Primer in 0

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser and Makeup Remover

All in all I'm extremely happy with my purchases but I mayyy have to return my sephora liquid eyeliner because it started smudging today when I wore it =(. 

blucoke

The best sharpener I ever owned is Chanel's free pencil sharpener, the eyeliner pencil will look like brand new just as store bought after sharpening, it's amazing.  I got it for free - bought one of their eyeliner pencil & it was included inside the packaging, I didn't even know until I came home & opened it up!  =)

Try Makeup Forever's Waterproof Cream Shadow collection as eyelining product if you don't mind the work - a popular beauty YouTuber who has super oily eye lids said it worked the best, even better than the MAC's popular eyeliner.

desertbr4t

last night i got the big bottle of devacurl no-poo shampoo and a big bottle of marchesa parfum!

starletta8

I got the Marchesa set on Thursday- not quite a last minute thing, but I'm already in love!

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

-

lylysa

I have a ongoing love affair with that serum.....we're in love!!! :smileytongue:

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

-

lylysa

My friend wants me to pick up some items for her...so it appears I'll be up for another haul post Chic Week soon!

Let me know how you like it Triciaann!

blucoke

I bought the Ole set that's currently being offered for 500 point perk last Christmas sale for $10 & I definitely stocked up on them!  =)

starletta8

I stopped by yesterday and picked up a second Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (steel) and got a ton of attitude from the cast member at my local store for requesting my coupon back (since it was good through today!).

Made it easy NOT to spend more today.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Awww, that's a bummer, maybe she wasn't familiar with the updated addition of extra day for VIBs.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

She was.  But didn't think it was necessary to give me the coupon back.  So, I waited until she called a manager to open her drawer. Hmph.

It's a lose-lose for me: my local SiJCP is awesome but doesn't have the brands I really lust over (Dior, Laura Mercier, etc). My local Sephora- has great brands, not very nice cast members as a whole (I've had issues- like having to spend 45 minutes on the phone with the VIB line in-store because of a prior issue).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 85 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa