sephoramusthave

KVD Tattoo Lock it Foundation Users

Okay....has anyone else noticed that the KVD foundation gets darker throughout the day? As in, when you apply it it looks like your skintone but give it a couple of hours and its 2 shades too dark for you? I never had that happen to me. I LOVE this foundation, I bought the shades 46 and 48. I used to be a 44 but when I tried it on in store the 44 looked a touch too light and the 46 looked perfect. I've been wearing the 46 the past couple of days and I've noticed that at the end of the day my face is 2 shades darker than my neck and chest. I like to look tan, but naturally tan, I don't want my face a totally different color from the rest of my body. I'm keeping both my 46 and 48 because summers here and I do get tan in the summer, but I think I need to go back and get the 44 as well.

melissabt

Re: KVD Tattoo Lock it Foundation Users

I found that this happens to me too. I think it's because, most of the shades have a beige under tone and oxidize throughout the day. Have you tried using it with a primer? I noticed on days that I use a primer it doesn't get darker or look heavy on my skin!

Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer

sephora primer.jpg

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

@sephoramusthave- This is something else that I noticed wearing my Dior foundation when I use a primer like Bare Minerals the foundation turns darker but when I use my hourglass mineral veil it's stays the true perfect color all day and I have no idea why. Just wanted  to throw that in  there. :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

This is what happened to me and I tried several different shades, but they all ended up looking orangey.  I thought this foundation would be the one to make me switch from my HG foundation (estee Lauder Double Wear) but the color and staying power just didn;t work for me :smileysad:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Went to Sephora today and picked up my KVD lock it tattoo foundation in shade 44, a new tube of too faced shadow insurance, a polish and topcoat and some samples of the KVD concealer and NARS TM.

roxystar4

@sephoramusthave   what do you think of the KVD foundation?  

sephoramusthave

Oh I LOVE it! I tried some samples a while back and fell in love.....but it was sold out for mONTHS and months and months and now that its in store I went out and bought 4 bottles ( 3 for me, 1 for mom). Right now I have the shade 44 (my actual color match), 46 (when I get a touch more tan), and 48 (when I come back from beach vacation).

Its a thick cream in a pump bottle, not a liquid foundation, so a little goes a super long way. One pump is MORE than enough for your entire face and the pump is easily controlled that you don't *have* to use a full pump. It works best with fingers. I tried a sponge, different brushes and fingers just work best. Its like a moisturizer with really really good coverage. It doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. I put on a thin layer, it sets to a matte finish so no powder needed (major plus), and one bottle will probably last me months. I have pretty good skin but with this baby its dammmn near flawless :smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@sephoramusthave  I really want to try this foundation! Thanks for all the info :smileyhappy:  I have a list of a few foundations I want to get but told myself I need to use one full size up before buying another one. :/

sephoramusthave

Face makeup and polish is pretty much the only thing I'm allowing myself to buy right now (give or take a few things of course :smileyvery-happy:) because I have soooo much of everything else!

beautylovingirl

Yeah usually in that particular foundation you would go with one shade lighter because it  oxidizes. I had to go a shade lighter in my Dior foundation as well thank goodness the Dior lady who matched me knew what she was doing. I would rather have it a touch to light then way to dark and your right you don't want your face looking totally different than the rest of you.

sephoramusthave

I have normal to dry skin that's either all normal or all dry. Right now its more on the drier side because I've been skipping face cream for a few days (to let my skin regenerate itself overnight without a cream interrupting its natural healing cycle).

Maybe it doesn't actually oxidize or anything, maybe its just one of those "looks perfect in Sephora/indoor lighting but wayyyyy off in natural lighting" things. I wore a lighter powder over the 46 shade and it worked out perfectly. I still want the shade 44 to use on its own and to mix with my other shades just because I don't like using a powder on a foundation that sets to a matte finish (seems like such a waste).

But thanks for your help ladies! Also, is the KVD concealer just as good as the foundation? I haven't worn concealer in awhile, but I did yesterday, and although I don't have any under eye issues, concealer still makes the look look more uniform and just better. I've also been looking at bobbi brown corrector.

keelybt

The KVD concealer is awesome, but the foundation actually gives more coverage so I add use my Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57 to buff it under my eyes.  I do LOVE the Bobbi Brown corrector.  If my circles are bad, it cuts the dark pigment so concealing is sooooo much easier. 

swfupload_6301165157741194127.jpg

sephoramusthave

That brush looks nice keely! I usually just swipe on a bit of concealer with fingers but I like that picture! Does it shed or lose shape after washing? I'll have to try both of those concealers! I've developed a "face makeup" obsession lately ( foundation, concealer, setting powder, powder foundation etc) because I run through this type of makeup the quickest so I feel like I can never have enough.

keelybt

Not at all!  It's firm so it holds it's shape well and is perfect for buffing in :smileyhappy: It's kind of a baby version of our Airbrush for face.

mafan

I agree, it's a great brush.  A Makeup Artist used it on me in the store and I wanted one right away.  It's what made me get the airbrush travel set.  Even when I'm feeling lazy I end up getting this brush out.  With something thick (like Erase Paste) I apply a bit with a regular concealer brush and then use this to blend it in. 

You might even find that you use less concealer with a great blender.

DTalksAll

I love the MUFE concealer it's waterproof & you just need the tiniest amount to get full coverage. 

keelybt

It is somewhat prone to oxidizing depending on your skin, as the oil in your skin is what will do that. I have dry skin, so I haven't personally noticed it, but combo or oily skin types might want to try a shade lighter. I would definitely give the 44 a try and see if it deepens enough to match you.

miabt

I absolutely love my KVD foundation!  I havent noticed it get any darker throughout the day, but I do know that it warms up a bit once applied.  We had a training on the entire line & they suggested going a shade lighter, if not perfect to your skin tone, to ensure proper coverage.  If you go lighter (like I do in the winter), I just bronzer it up to make sure i dont look too washed out :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • melissabt
    • mafan