Just needed to let it out...

Hi, guys. So this is kind of long, but I haven't had the most uplifting day, and not to sound harsh or anything, I kind of need to just let it out. School has been overwhelming, but it has been alright. I have a head cold and it's miserable. I'm in a highly competitive high school marching band and we have kicked things into high gear and it's been overly stressful managing time, but I'm figuring it out. Then about 15 minutes ago, my mother walked into my room as I was doing homework and told me that my cousin passed away from a drug overdose last night and that the funeral was tomorrow. We are a very reserved family and he was always the black sheep, but he was still a part of the family. I'm a huge ball of stress and sadness, it's actually hard to describe. Just needed to get it all out of only my mind, so thanks. -plm95

Re: Just needed to let it out...

Oh Plm95 I am so sorry! I know how difficult it is to see someone you care for and are close to spiral downward and be powerless to stop it.  My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family and I'll keep you in my prayers.

(0) Hearts

keelybt wrote:

Oh Plm95 I am so sorry! I know how difficult it is to see someone you care for and are close to spiral downward and be powerless to stop it.  My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thank you KELLYBT .......... Your presence was dearly needed on this thread.

Enjoy your evening,

Antoine

Thank you all so much for your support, I really truly appreciate it. I honestly had no intentions for this thread to get so opionated and viscous. It was just, yesterday was extremely rough and I needed and outlet where I could vent a bit. I am sorry if I caused any trouble. Thank you to everyone who chimed in with a bit of advice,,or support, or just a reminder that I'm not alone. -plm95

Hi Plm95,

I hope that you're feeling a bit better today.  Life is full of ups and downs and venting to a community of friends is so helpful sometimes.  You & your family are in my thoughts during this tough time.

I wanted to extend a special thank you to all of our fab community that takes the time to reach out to each other!  Its so amazing to see how we are all here for each other in times of need :smileyhappy:  

xo, Mia

(0) Hearts

Indeed !

Thank s for all to reaching out to me in my time of need. I am so grateful to all of you :smileyhappy:

Christine

[ Edited ]

Hi there plm95 - I hope today is a better day for you. You shouldn't feel bad at all, I've never seen that before but it had absolutely nothing to do with you. I stayed quiet because I didn't want to get involved and more importantly because  this is about you. The greiving process is so strange, it's different for everybody and I think  it comes in waves, just totally out of nowhere you'll think of your cousin. I like to think those moments are your cousin looking down and saying ' hey, it's me, remember the good times and be glad that you don't have to worry about me anymore, I'm okay now.' You have an angel looking down on you.

You can come here anytime, and like beautytester, I'm also open to a PM from you if you'd like to get in touch that way. Be strong, but allow yourself to be weak too, and as others have said, please take time to take care of yourself. Be well.

[ Edited ]

Hi plm - I was so sad when I read your post, my heart genuinely hurts for you. It's hard to lose anyone, especially someone young and especially this way. It's also harder to deal with when your so young, you're just a kid, you shouldn't have to deal with such things. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. We all just have to hope that this wakes people up and gets them to stop, or never start. I believe that will happen, although you may never know about it, I firmly believe this loss can and will save someone. I know there are really no words that will help. Just know he's no longer in pain, maybe that will help you get through this.

I was also in Marching Band in HS, almost went 'pro' afterward but things didn't pan out. I was what everyone likely knows as a 'flag twirler' It was stressful, so I get where you're coming from. Some may think marching band is uncool, and sometimes it is, but not in my school, Band was full of the coolest kids, sounds like your school's the same, I know it's work and as stressful as it is, I hope you can pour yourself into that, and kind of lose yourself in that. Can I ask what you play and what music your playing? (I know, seemingly stupid question right now, I just look for 'connecting threads' and wonder if there is one in there.) Let marching band be your Joy. I hope the 'school' part of 'school' works out alright. Have you spoken to your guidance counselor about this? You probably should let them know. I switched guidance counselors in school, something not often done, but I didn't like mine and knew that another would be a better fit, it was. I definitely think it's extremely important for a GC to know about this. Like me, if you don't like yours, you can always change,

Please, please, please vent all you like. This is where you can come and share or state things you can't to family and some friends. You can ask questions too, Sometimes it's much easier to share/ask people who aren't a part of you life and you don't feel uncomfortable. We're all here. My heart and my prayers go out to you. Please come and talk to us anytime you want. Hang in there sweetie.

ps - and you thought your post was long. Sorry.

I lost my mom recently to an overdose of prescription drugs. The best advice I have for you is to talk about it. To anyone that is willing to listen. School counselors forums friends pets whoever. It will save your sanity. Take time for yourself everyday to destress also. Take care of yourself emotionally. You only have one you.

My son is a senior in high school this year so I know things get hectic and you get bogged under with school work and activities and work/ family stress. Its good to vent its better to laugh. Your family is in my thoughts.

[ Edited ]

Hu mityren - I was sorry to hear about the recent loss of your mother, that's so sad. But there's not a lot you can do about it in situations like that. You seem to have developed any excellent coping strategy.Thanks for sharing your great ideas with all of us, they apply to  anyone going through such a loss. Prayers to you and family as well. Thanks again for sharing.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin!  What horrible news after such a stressful day.  You and your family are in my prayers.

That is absolutely terrible. My condolence to you and your family. *HUG*

It's fine to vent. Venting makes me feel better, too (and trust me, I vent everywhere to everyone when it's too big for me to handle). Black sheep or not, it's always difficult to lose someone so close. In my first semester in college I was on a class project with this boy who looks like a A&F model and is a bit....wild, too, but he was a good person none-the-less. He died the second semester due to accident while riding his motorcycle. I didn't even knew him that well, but there's still the sad feeling weighing you down, that something so bad, that something only happening to "other people" happened so close to you, to someone you knew and liked. Give yourself time to grieve, your family and friends will understand. Don't bottle everything up. Take time out to grieve (cry, write, vent, talk and everything) and say proper goodbye to him, so that you can move on. It will be a slow start, but the best thing you can do is remember him, and go back to your life.

It's good you got the marching band figured out (ish). It is hard to describe, but we are here for you if you want to vent (and this is long at all compare to some other vents here). This is BeautyTalk, and letting it out is a detox process. =)

(0) Hearts

beautytester wrote:

That is absolutely terrible. My condolence to you and your family. *HUG*

It's fine to vent. Venting makes me feel better, too (and trust me, I vent everywhere to everyone when it's too big for me to handle). Black sheep or not, it's always difficult to lose someone so close. In my first semester in college I was on a class project with this boy who looks like a A&F model and is a bit....wild, too, but he was a good person none-the-less. He died the second semester due to accident while riding his motorcycle. I didn't even knew him that well, but there's still the sad feeling weighing you down, that something so bad, that something only happening to "other people" happened so close to you, to someone you knew and liked. Give yourself time to grieve, your family and friends will understand. Don't bottle everything up. Take time out to grieve (cry, write, vent, talk and everything) and say proper goodbye to him, so that you can move on. It will be a slow start, but the best thing you can do is remember him, and go back to your life.

========================================

Well, I best leave you ladies to attend to this, seeing that I am niether in your age range nor in your sex !  I think the younger ones here know better what to say than I do.  My full sympathies of course...  Well the grieving process takes it's time on it's own and eventually everything is fine again.   The human mind/body is capable of enduring many things that some may imagine to be impossible.

Good Night for noe ladies,

Antoine

Drugs affect all ppl, regardless of age, gender, or socioeconic status, etc...it has nothing to do with those things at all.  We just have to be careful what we write, especially at someones time of need and their most vulnerable, because things written on the internet get misconstrued all the time. The tone or true message intended is hard to portray with the written word, and thus gets taken in a way that offends ppl.  I've found this to be true in emails or texts, and learned my lesson to reread what I've written before posting/sending.  

My family has been touched by drugs too, I know how you are feeling right now.   You'll get through it though.  Even though we don't know each ther, I'm sorry to hear about your rough time right now, but schools school and you'll find a way to balance it out.  Just worry abut getting yourself well and being there for and with your family.

(0) Hearts

Now did someone need to tell you that drugs kill ?

Just don't start.... usually it's quite hard to quit .....................

Have a nice evening, Sorry to have heard of this bad news,

and may his soul rest in peace , + . 

Antoine

No, Antoine0000, no one had to inform me that drugs kill. I am aware drugs kill and are quite hard to quit using. I saw first hand the effects of drug use as I went from very close with my cousin, to having to go our separate ways, to having to act as if I was the older person trying to tell him what to do, but in reality he was 14 years older than I, to being informed of his overdose. Your support is greatly appreciated.

(0) Hearts

plm95 wrote:
No, Antoine0000, no one had to inform me that drugs kill. I am aware drugs kill and are quite hard to quit using. I saw first hand the effects of drug use as I went from very close with my cousin, to having to go our separate ways, to having to act as if I was the older person trying to tell him what to do, but in reality he was 14 years older than I, to being informed of his overdose. Your support is greatly appreciated.

=======================

Of course you have my full support . THat statement was not meant for you dear, but for everyone else who may think about taking drugs....  It's a very difficult issue to deal with , especailly when you can not get them to seek help or to stop and you know that it is destructive.  My prayers are with you , and your family and your beloved departed cousin .

Kindest Regards,

Antoine

I'm so sorry for your loss.  You and your family are in my prayers.  It's always hard to lose a loved one.  I'm not going to say anything such as it will get better, because I remember exactly how I felt when my grandmother and my daughter both passed away.  It hurt a lot and well meaning comments from others did not help.  Grieving is a process and it proceeds differently for everyone.  I was put on anti-depressants in January 2011 and didn't really start feeling better until about August 2011. 

Again, I'm sorry this happened.  Please let your family know that we are all thinking of them.

Hi Plm95, 

I'm so sorry to hear that! My condolences and thoughts to you and your family during this time. I can entirely understand how upsetting and stressful things may be for you right now, sometimes it really does help to vent to someone (even us since we don't know you too well and won't judge you! :smileyhappy: ) but it can give your mind a bit of peace. Just stay strong and take a minute to relax and breathe a few times a day, just to clear your thoughts and stay calm. It helps! Lots of happiness and good thoughts to you! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Stay strong and remember... everything happens for a reason. You may be struggling now but maybe one day you'll wake up feeling acomplished like u've achieved something. I may be young but I feel ya. Whenever I'm stressed i take a hot bath/shower and lock myself in my one little world where nothing else matters while doing something I love (singing) You can get through this!

- Jessi <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 14 in conversation