roxystar4

Just A Thought

I've been watching the news lately and am so saddened by what has happened in Oklahoma.  

It made me think about "what if I lost everything" (material wise)?  One aspect of  what i would miss would be my makeup collection. I know it seems super superficial but I would miss it.  

Is there any way that Sephora could send items to the residents of Newcastle &  Moore, Oklahoma who were devastated by the tornado? Shampoo, conditioner, soap, body stuff, makeup?  I know it is the least of people's concerns right now and maybe it would be better to do at a later date?  

I just read a post about people who have a ton of extra Bath & Body Works items (and I know I have a ton of untouched items too)... I wonder if there is someway we could send items to these people?

I know that the BT community isnt a place to share super weighty topics but this has been on my heart today.

prettyinpa

Re: Just A Thought

Check with your local Red Cross- they are always first on site during disasters. Maybe they can coordinate your donations so that they can be delivered to people in need.

roxystar4

good idea. and if several people do it, I think it will really make a difference

beautylovingirl

I don't know either but just think yesterday was a normal morning for all these people I'm sure no one thought about in a matter of hours they would have nothing. So sad:smileysad: maybe someone on here will see it and help or maybe one of the mods will know something. I'm like you a little lost but if I'm blessed enough to have stuff I'm blessed enough to give to who ever needs it.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I think it's really nice that you suggested this, I saw this last night on T.V. and read also where some kids actually died from drowning in puddles of water under the debris. We can't begin to even imagine what they went through but we can let them know we care. I'm in if we can do something.

roxystar4

@beautylovingirl- the things I have read are horrible too. It really makes my heart feel heavy to think about it.

I know that many big name companies give money/items to help disaster victims and was thinking maybe Sephora could as well?

I have a few contacts outside of Tulsa OK and just looked up where Moore is (it is right outside of Oklahoma City) so that idea is out the window. 

I wonder if there is a local person from OK City who we could send things to? Or maybe the Sephora store in OK City could host something? I dont know, I am really just typing what ever I think.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • marydiva
    • carrierose
    • dianabt
    • ChicDabbler