kimmi1115

June Favorites

June officially marked the beginning of summer, although for some it may have started before then.  What products, new or stashed, have been getting extra attention this month?

june.JPG

• Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Wink: It smells like bubble gum!!  :smileyvery-happy:
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade: I think it may be limited edition, so I bought it while Walgreens had a couple left.
  • Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Natural Glow: Love, love, love!!  I love the shade and the way it feels on my lips.
  • NARS Bronzer in Laguna: Perfect for summer time.
  • Tarte Blush in Magic: It's a beautiful coral shade, and it works well with the Laguna bronzer.
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion: This is always a must, but it is very important during the summer.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Underground: Probably my favorite eye liner, but it has been getting more use lately.  

poshified

Re: June Favorites

[ Edited ]

Breaking down my June Favorites into Eyes, Lips, Face, Etc categories :smileyhappy:

eyes.jpg

Eyes:

1. Suqqu Ex-11 Sumiredama quad: All duochrome and taupe lovers MUST own this!

2. Tom Ford Escapade and Tom Ford Pink Haze: Makes for an amazing sunset eye combo!

3. Shu Uemura Painting Liner in Brown: One of the most underrated gel eyeliners in the market.

4. Nars smudgeproof eye primer: I've tried just about every eye primer made, and none can hold a candle to this. Holy Grail status.

5. Jealousness eyebrow pencil in light brown: Recently discovered brand. This stuff does not budge at all!

6. Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Eye Pencil Eyeliner in black: The only pencil eyeliner that stays on my waterline.

7. CoverGirl LashBlast 24 hr mascara: Holds a curl and provides volume like no tomorrow.

8.Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner: Can't say it makes my lashes grow longer, but it's an amazing liquid liner!

9. Tarte creaseless cream shadow in Slate: It's quick and easy to put on. It stays all day. Best of all? It's taupe :smileyvery-happy:

lips.jpgLips:

1. Buxom Full bodied lip gloss in Boo-ya: Think NARS Orgasm blush in a lipgloss form.

2. NARS Barbarella: Better version of MAC's Cut-a-Caper.

3. Maybelline Baby Lips in Oh Orange: a lip balm and a lipstick all in one.

4. Missha Signature Glam Art Rouge Lipstick in SCR304: Orange lipsticks and glosses were my weaknesses in June.

5. Lancome Gloss In Love Peach Show: Perfect topper to my other orange lipsticks. LOVE the applicator!

face.jpg

Face:

1. NARS pressed light reflecting powder: BEST setting powder ever. Enough said.

2. Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight highlighter: No subtlety here, and summer's all about the glow.

3. Dolce and Gabbana Tan blush: Perfect for contouring and lasts all day!

4. Jill Stuart Mix Face Powder Compact in 102 Charming Feline: Wonderful undereye brightener of a powder.

5. MAC blush in Royal Sunset: **bleep** it if you still see it at your MAC counters! Best blush MAC has put out in a while!

6. Naruko Magnolia Brightening and Firming Serum: Doubled as a moisturizer for me and left my face feeling fresh and hydrated.

7. Philosophy Total Matteness: Best primer on the days I'm in a pinch. Erased my pores completely!

8. Missha Perfect Cover BB cream: I mix Shades 21 and 27 to get my perfect Summer shade. Best BB cream EVER!

9. Illamasqua blush in Disobey: Great matte bronzer to warm up my face!

etc.jpg1. Macadamia Reviving Curl Cream: Trying to move away from parabens in my hair products. Holds what's left of my curl from a perm six months ago.

2. Bond No 9 I Heart NY for Mothers: I could smell this all day long. Received so many compliments from men and women whenever I wear this.

3. Jessica Simpson I Fancy You: Her least popular fragrance and the best one from her in my opinion. Great for any time of year and you can never put on too much!

4. Sephora Roll On Acne Clearing Solution: Minus the rollerball part, the solution zaps zits overnight.

DesertRose0706

I've been using a few products almost everyday because they are easy to, look and feel light and just feel summery:

• Benefits Blush in Bella Bamba
  •  Benefits Sunbeam highlighter
  • Stila's eyeshadow in Kitten
  • Urba Decays eyeliner in rockstar
  • Dr. Brandst Flexitone BB cream
prosopon

I like doing BB creams in the summer too, how do you like this BB cream?

prosopon

This is a great topic! It is so cool to see what products are popular (or at least getting more play) in the summer.

image.jpg

Wet n Wild coloricon bronzer spf 15 in Reserve Your Cabana (I love, love, love this.  Even though it says bronzer it is so light it is more like a illuminator)

ELF countor blush and bronzer duo in St Lucia

Sephora eyeshadow mono in Swimming Pool

L'Oreal infaliable eyeshadow mono in Bronzed Taupe

tarte smooth operator finishing powder

eos lip balm min flavored

L'Oreal coulor rich balm in Rose Elixer (the color looks darker than it is on the lips, it is the perfect summery sweet pink and very hydrating)

kimmi1115

Yay for drug store love!  I love EOS lip balms.  I wear it under all my glosses and lipsticks.

crayzeeRN

Funky angle, had issues keeping my hand's shadow off the makeup!

Stila's In the Know Palette

Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow in Fancy Pansy

All three of my Too Faced La Creme lipsticks!! I'm not obsessed... Juicy Melons, I Want Candy, and Spice Spice Baby

Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Soft Porcelain

Wei to Go Beauty's CC Cream in Light

Urban Decay Afterglow Cheek Tint in Score

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty

CARGO Water Resistant Blush in Bali

Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara (Huge thank you to Lylysa for this recommendation a while back, I love this mascara!)

starletta8

Sorry about the light for some reason....

june.jpg

Just let me add in my usual eyeshadow primer (NARS), an eyeliner, and some mascara, and I could live off of this for the rest of summer:

June's go-tos:

• Living Proof Nourishing Styling Cream- tried this because of a sample and I'm in love. I live in a very humid area- my hair doesn't frizz with this in!
  • Benefit Powder Box- Dandelion: I need close to 0 blush during the summer
  • Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Runway Coral: I bought this on a whim at the Nordstrom spring beauty trend show and was afraid of wearing it for a couple of months. LOVE, LOVE LOVE!! So summery!
  • Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion: My HG bright pink that looks perfect for me. I already see that I've used a visible portion of it.
  • Guerlain Meteorites Compact in 01Teint Rose: Perfect.
  • Charlotte Ronson A Summer's Kiss Face and Body Glow: run to your nearest clearance section, trust me. I've been putting it on my legs to boost the self-tanner results and it's fantastic.
  • Bobbi Brown SPF15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free in Alabaster: I've gushed enough about this one already
  • Tarte Aqualillies Palette: Since I picked it up, it's all I've used since it's so hot and humid around here. Makeup lasts all day- and then some!  I'm not willing to try, but I bet with a primer, you could get 24+ hours out of it.
  • Laura Mercier Foundation Primer: I love the formula for summer
  • NARS Creamy Concealer in Chantilly: Such a great summer formula
  • Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Dual-Action Eye Makeup Remover Oil Free: Battles waterproof makeup with ease.
  • Calvin Klein One Brown Pencil and Gel Duo in 200 Foxy Redhead: Finally something red enough!
  • Julep Nail Vernis- Nan and Chanel Le Vernis- Starlet: I had one of these two on my nails for all but a couple days of the month.
poshified

(0) Hearts

Great write-up! Loved how you broke down each item and why you liked it in the month of June! :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Benefit Dandelion is one of my favorite blushes!  If I never know what blush to wear, I always go to it. 

ChicDabbler

@starletta8 LOL. I love the lighting in the picture! It looks like it's painted, or out of a dream.

For this month, I was focusing on getting my skin under control (allergic reaction to a product I was trying), so I was using some basic/good old standby stuff. 

New: Shiseido cotton. Yeaaahhh it's expensive, but I'm very heavy handed and tend to be very harsh on my skin. This cotton is definitely soft and helps in being gentler. Peel apart the sheet to get 2 use works better than cutting, and it just give me an idea....when fall/winter comes along, I can use these as a custom sheet mask type thing. =P

I also started using Shiseido White luscent eye cream, which absorbs very well, but not sure if it's ordinary or fantastic yet.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I love Shiseido Facial Cotton!!

I just finished up about a 3-4 week trial of White Lucent eye cream- it was nice but not spectacular.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

KVD Lock-It Tattoo foundation for me!  I prefer powder foundation in hot and humid weather, but I've reaaalllyy needed the full coverage lately so KVD it is.  It's not so bad, it means I can set it with my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, which I always look foward to!

My favorite blushes I've been reaching for the most are:

Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon

swfupload_3169764905784668623.jpg

Smashbox cream blush (forgot what it's called)

in_bloom_creamy_duo-copy1.jpg

Tarte in Natural Beauty (I blend it out big-time with my Real Techniques Limited Edition Duo Fibre brush)

swfupload_2734114134567956116.jpg

(yikes!! sorry the smashbox pic is SO OBNOXIOUSLY LARGE but i can't seem to edit it)

Finally in honor of summer laziness, instead of gel or liquid liner I've just been using a dark eyeshadow from my Laura Mercier Artist Palette For Eyes, applying with a damp Smashbox smudge brush.  So easy!  

keelybt

I'm usually not a powder foundation girl but with the heat wave we have been having, Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation has been my friend.  The increase in moisture in the air has made this powder go on like silk on my normally dry skin.

Also I recently discovered Anastasia Brow Fix as a brow primer.  Just one quick swipe and some powder and my brows look amazing.

Then after months of the Pro Visionary Face Blender Brush #134 taunting me, I gave in and bought it.  I must have at least 50 brushes, but this is by far the best for contouring and I couldn't be happier with it.

swfupload_7135049787862952857.jpgswfupload_244510079243908054.jpg

swfupload_2451174296954424973.jpg

nebel

I tend to switch to lighter, more effervescent fragrances in the heat.     Loving Tocca's liliana at the moment :smileyhappy:

michmo

How is the staying power?  I love tocca fragrances.  My favorite is Giulietta, but it doesn't seem to stay long at all.  I also like Bianca, which seems to stay longer on me.  

nebel

(0) Hearts

I would say it is medium. I have good luck with Bianca, but for me, the longest lasting is Cleopatra, which is my favorite. I find it too "heavy" for summertime wear, though. I just got a Liliana sample in the most recent fragrance bag promo that Sephora ran this week, and I can still smell it on me after a few hours. Cleopatra will last all day on me.

prettyinpa

Gotta try that Baby Lips in Pink Wink, I have the other pink one, Pink Punch, which is nice but doesn't smell like bubble gum. lol

My June new stuff is:
Maui Mike's Lip Balm- tastes and smells like Pina Colada.

Coola Sport Continuous Spray Sunscreen- It smells like Pina Colada too (do I detect a pattern here???)

Hourglass Aura Sheer Cheek Stain in Rouge

Lately here it's been too hot, humid and rainy for much makeup.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

ooh!  Pina Colada products sound amazing!

ginamc

2.jpg

My summer must-haves:

• Clean and Clear Oil absorbing sheets (my skin is super oily!)
  • NARS Oil Free Pore Refining primer
  • Benefit's the POREfessional
  • NARS Orgasm Illuminator
  • Urban Decay's De-slick in a tube
  • Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in "Dollface"
  • Urban Decay's All Nighter makeup setting spray
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • Anastasia's clear brow gel

:smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

How do you like the makeup setting spray?  I've used setting powders before, but not any sprays.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 62 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • ginamc
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • kimmi1115
    • drrragon