drrragon

July No Buy Alumni!

Hey all my No Buy BBFFs!  Or is that NBBBFFs? LOL!  Just curious now that it's August, how are you all doing?  I know some of us are waiting for the Aug 12-18 points event, and others plan to continue the no buy, and some will be going on insane shopping sprees.  What's everyone up to?

For myself, I already pulled the trigger on some LORAC clearance items that I just couldn't resist.  The mint edition set that came out at Ulta this spring and that I forced myself NOT to purchase back then showed up for only $17 on the LORAC site!  Then to go the whole hog I also picked up the Red Carpet Reveal set (hoping it's not too stale since this is an older item).  

swfupload_2859305726734807329.jpgswfupload_4668228096804213038.jpg

mafan

Re: July No Buy Alumni!

I really do want to still be good in August, but definitely not no-buy.  Just not MEGA buy. :smileyhappy:

Lorac broke me, too.  I had been wanting a couple of shadows. They're such great quality and the containers don't have lots of extra packaging so they;re great for travel.  Right now I just have one individual one, and I really wanted a mid-brown that the Aqualillies palette just doesn't have.  And I wanted to try a blush.

Well, that Mint palette got me, too.  So I got that, two shadows, a pink blush (I don't have lots of blush and what I have is coralish) and concealer.

And then I managed to get the Hautelook summer bag and I got theBalm's Balm Jovi palette, too.  I know, I know, I know I don't need more eye palettes, but I do love them!

My mom and I are going to Sephora on Sunday for "custom makeup applications".  I am hoping that I don't leave with too much more than samples so that I can try things and decide what to order with bonus points a week later.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Yaaaay mafan! high five!  (i'm so glad i'm not the only one!)  I have 4 of their older baked satin matte eyeshadow singles which I really love.  Just barely stopped myself from picking up even more this time around.

ooh that sounds fun to have a Sephora day with your mom!  If you do break down, I hope you post your goodies in the Haul thread so we can celebrate with you :smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

Lol hi BBFF/NBBBFF/ABCDEFG? lolol I love Lorac! But I haven't purchased anything yet I'm probably gonna wait till the 12th to buy some things but I've got my eye on some nice things :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

I'm with drrragon on your amazing self-control! Tips on how you do it? lol

wendyomgwar

Honestly I have to pay for my tuition and books -.- and I pay it all out of pocket so I know that I can't spend a lot of money, also I have a lot of stuff that I was itching to get. Once the 12th comes though lol that's an entirely different story.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

I applaud your iron will and self-control! :smileyvery-happy:  It's back to the drawing board for me.

michmo

oh man....I love LORAC and that mint set is so tempting.  Especially at that price.  

drrragon

I feel sorta guilty about these impulse buys.  if only SOME PEOPLE on BT (you know who you are) hadn't been raving about how much they love Lorac stuff, it wouldn't have stuck in my head, LOL!  I love their eyeshadows but never tried the blush and have been dying for those lip glosses, so I couldn't stop myself!

wendyomgwar

*looks around* yupp don't see anyone >_>

keelybt

Oh those look lovely! I had no intention of doing a no buy last month but I was on vacation the first two weeks.  I tried to make it the rest of the month but I broke on the 30th.  So close!  lol I'm totally getting some of the Marc Jacobs on the 9th :smileyhappy:

poshified

(0) Hearts

A Marc Jacobs palette might be the only thing I allow myself for week of the 12th :smileyhappy:

drrragon

I'm dying to see what those gel lipsticks are all about!  hopefully someone will post reviews in BT about them!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 95 replies
  • 140 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • wendyomgwar
    • melissabt
    • drrragon