drrragon

July No Buy Alumni!

Hey all my No Buy BBFFs!  Or is that NBBBFFs? LOL!  Just curious now that it's August, how are you all doing?  I know some of us are waiting for the Aug 12-18 points event, and others plan to continue the no buy, and some will be going on insane shopping sprees.  What's everyone up to?

For myself, I already pulled the trigger on some LORAC clearance items that I just couldn't resist.  The mint edition set that came out at Ulta this spring and that I forced myself NOT to purchase back then showed up for only $17 on the LORAC site!  Then to go the whole hog I also picked up the Red Carpet Reveal set (hoping it's not too stale since this is an older item).  

swfupload_2859305726734807329.jpgswfupload_4668228096804213038.jpg

poshified

Re: July No Buy Alumni!

Did you seeeeeeee? More things added to the LORAC sales section today! :smileytongue:

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

NOOO lol you girls are so bad I swear! Lol

divagirl90

[ Edited ]

So far this month I brought:

p-16229-01.jpg

Anastasia Catwalk palette (only $29!) and drugstore nail polishes.

I'm going to buy two Sephora Favorites sets (the lip and eyeliner ones) sometime before the month is over. I hope they don't sell out.

mishanyc

What do you think of the Catwalk palette? I ordered it lastnight and can't wait to get it. It doesn't come with an instructional guide does it?  I have the Sephora Lip Favorites. It's very pretty!

latinadiva

it does come with an instructional guide. only a few looks, but definitely has a guide on where to start. the shadows are gorgeous and very buttery, so just use a delicate hand to avoid a ton of excess product (the excess is created in the palette, it's not a fall out issue on your face).

mishanyc

(0) Hearts

That's great to hear!  I also found a few tutorials on YouTube that will be helpful. Thank you for your response.  

divagirl90

(0) Hearts

I brought it online - Mine gets delivered on Tuesday. I can't wait to order the Sephora Favorites sets!

prosopon

Those are gorgeous colors and you cen't beat the price. Nice snag!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Money is gonna be tight for this/nxt year and I already have plenty of makeup/perfume/skincare to get me through. However, I'll be with my parents that week and since they can't be there for my bday.... *cough*cough*COUGH* ......we will be dropping by a Sephora to just "take a look" .... *cough*hint*nudge*HINT* ...... (that wasn't obvious at all...)

swfupload_6373581027744035241.jpgswfupload_3043315830640934382.jpg

I'm waiting until the fall's % or $$ off to buy my Marc Jacob eyeliner and any potential holiday set I'm dying to get.

swfupload_2634045664729816351.jpgswfupload_6959669101711268353.jpg

poshified

You know I'm always so focused on the Sephora and Ulta sales section, I always forget to go to the brands' actual sites to look! Thanks for the heads up on these products; I may have to pick up the mint kit for myself too! :smileyhappy:

I placed an order yesterday and had it shipped overnight. Talk about withdrawallllllllllll! LOL

drrragon

wait was that your Asian cosmetics haul that you posted in the other thread???  whoa that was fast! :smileyvery-happy:

for the mint kit, I remember swatching it at Ulta in the spring and just loving the little bag that came with it!  Normally they feel kinda cheap but this one is actually little metal links (not just a print) and has a nice heft to it.  I have a fond weakness for adorable makeup bags!

poshified

They've been sitting in my cart for weeks; I had to pull the trigger! hahaha

michmo

your description of the little bag is making me want to cave in and buy it!

poshified

Also, I agree with the rest of the folks -- your new icon is too adorable!

melissabt

@Drrragon- I love that kitty icon, so cute!

<3 Melissa
drrragon

@melissa- when the goggles go on, there is only Sephora. LOL!

melissabt

LOL! That's awesome:smileyhappy:! Love it.

<3 Melissa
wendyomgwar

You finally changed your avi to join the SephoraAnimal team lol

drrragon

LOL yeah it was just too much fun not to jump in on the idea too!  :smileyvery-happy:

prosopon

I haven't purchased anything yet. I think I am going to wait for the 12th.  But, I am still not going to go all out, I have to be good which is really hard!! (My husband just does not understand!) Big purchases are just not in the budget right now.

latinadiva

I looove LORAC but heads up that mascara is THE PITS to get off lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 95 replies
  • 140 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon