sephoramusthave

January No Buy

I'm in for the win. Who's with me?

kssweetheart

Re: January No Buy

@sephoramusthave - I think we'd have to do a whole lot of January No Buys to afford that cake. It looks yummy! And yes, I am goinna say it...........the shoe on top......it's like the icing on the cake, for me. sorry. bad. couldn't help myself.  We'll have to check out the Cake Boss website, maybe they give prices. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to go make a cake right now. Really. Made a football shape a few years back for Superbowl. Since NY is in 'The Bowl' hopefully, it will be a celebration cake. Yeah.

dianabt

Congrats @sephoramusthave! :smileyhappy: That cake is cute and looks YUMMY haha!

Excluding my Alterna Hair Oil purchase I did FINE not buying any other beauty products! As a result I did an order on Sephora.com as soon as my paycheck arrived so I could buy my new cleanser and send my mom a new moisturizer as well. :smileyhappy: I did well NOT buying more makeup though! I think as long as I can keep my constant mascara and lipstick and eye makeup down.. I'll be okay! Well except for a new eyeliner I need... hmm..

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
katie1724

Good for you, sephoramusthave! :smileyvery-happy: I wish I could say the same...eek!

jxw200

there's a clarins blush i saw somewhere online that looked really pretty! I definitely want to try their beauty products too... i like their self tanner! 

i've been doing ok with my no buy except today i went to go make a few returns at sephora and then I got something else too... but it would've just gone back to a gift card so, can that not count?? LOL. my bf says it doesn't count and i'm still good on my no buy, but maybe he's just being nice lol. 

janinebt

lol I failed miserably this month too Katie...I maybe next month will be better. I've already purchased earrings, a new purse, concealer, and jeans. I figure might as well get all of my purchase needs out of the way now. I have 15 days to get this all out of my system before February.

I do have to buy a plane ticket to LA though sometime next month...can that be the only exclusion I get?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ran8

A no buy in January ?  Sounds like a plan.  Already cleaned out some old makeup that is probably hazardous to apply (ancient). 

sephoramusthave

happy birthday prettyinpa!

prettyinpa

I'll be your cheering section. My birthday is today and I have already been soo bad. Plus I got a bunch of birthday money and I haven't gotten my Sephora Birthday present yet, so some of the birthday money is going for an online order. Maybe I can do partially January and the first week of February to make up for this month's lost time. Does that count?:smileyvery-happy:

anaa

Have a Happy Birthday and a wonderful year!:smileyhappy:

berniebeauty

prettyinpa wrote:

I'll be your cheering section. My birthday is today and I have already been soo bad.I haven't gotten my Sephora Birthday present yet.. Maybe I can do partially January and the first week of February to make up for this month's lost time.

Oh my gosh, Happy Birthday! When you get your bday present can you tell us if it is different than last year, or is it still philosophy?

Oh ya, I'm on the no buy as well.

~~We are all beautiful~~

katie1724

@berniebeauty: They change it every year -- this year it's a mini lip treatment set (I think of 2) from Fresh.

antoine0000

katie1724 wrote:

@berniebeauty: They change it every year -- this year it's a mini lip treatment set (I think of 2) from Fresh.

And what if you're a man ??

:smileysad:  Antoine

prettyinpa

@antoine- They are giving an Anthony Logistics Birthday gift for men, it looks like a Glycolic Face Wash. (The picture in the birthday email is small, but I think that's what the label says).

katie1724

@antoine: As prettyinpa stated, they always have a separate gift for men. However, my own had the picture of the Fresh balms on it, so that's all the information I had.

jxw200

i think i'll have to join the january no-buy (even though the $8 left on my sephora gift card is freaking me out! lol) 

i really have enough products to last forever and at the rate i'm using them, i will NEVER finish. (time to get back on the 10-pan and rotation... hmm) 

i just put together a nice shopping basket on the bobbibrown website (plus they have a great gwp!) and then my bf looked at me and said do you really have $100 to spend on makeup right now? I groaned, cause obviously he's right... i'm having such a tough time with my student loan payments + i'm saving up for a DSLR. ahhhh

sara505

Happy Belated Birthday, PrettyinPA!!! I hope you had a great day :smileyvery-happy:

I would say I'm in...but I'd be lying. I am running out of a lot of things and don't think I'd make it to February. Also my immediate family was pretty broke Nov-Dec and decided to celebrate Christmas a month late, so I have a few gifts to get! I will be cheering with the birthday girl though! :smileywink:

-Sara

prettyinpa

Thanks to all of you for the birthday cheer, it feels great to have so many good wishes!

I had a great day shopping and I went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore- it was really beautiful and educational as well. 

katie1724

@prettyinpa: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: Hope you do something nice for yourself!

makeupobesessed

Happy birthday prettyinpa! I'm with you on the no buy since I was just told that I didn't make VIB since I purchased my last little bit I needed to make in Jan 3rd. I thought it was a year from when you signed up, not a calendar year. I mean I just signed up during the VIB friends and family event in November, and I had spent $326 in 2 months, but made that last purchase jan 3rd. I went to a store and they informed me it is a calendar year not my year. So I'm deflated and plan to save up for a little while.
dianabt

Happy Birthday PrettyinPA!! You are excused from the No-Buy :smileywink: Wish you a very happy happy day! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
maltipoo66

I am definitely with you!  I went a little overboard with holiday sales, so no more for me til February.  Thanks for posting this!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 160 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • maltipoo66
    • anaa