sephoramusthave

January No Buy

I'm in for the win. Who's with me?

projill

Re: January No Buy

How funny- one of my New Year's resolutions is to budget better.  To kick off the New Year, I am trying (and I emphasize the word try because it will be very hard for me) to not shop for myself the entire month of January.  I have made it 5 days and have even been to stores and not bought anything for myself yet.

The only problem is that I am in Sephora all the time and there are so many new amazing products out that I do not want to miss out on.  I am just hoping they don't sell out before this month is over.  February 1st will be my Sephora shopping day (unless I break down...)  There are also some lip liners on sale for $3 and one of the colors I love (Sienna- a great red lip liner).  They are being discontinued, so I may break down and get one or two before they are gone.

All in all, if I can keep spending to a minimum, I will feel successful.  I am also including not splurging on $4 cup of coffee or lunches when they are not necessary.  This means making coffee in the morning and bringing it on the go, and taking lunches and snacks with me to work or when I am out and about.

I'll check back at the end of the month and see how I did...would love to hear your experiences too!

xoxo

Jill

janinebt

I would say that I'm in...but I already know that I'm going to fold within the next few days! There's a maxi dress that I have been eyeing, and I know I'm going to indulge. Not to mention the fact that I'm running super low on concealer. Maybe I can make it up by doing both purchases in one day and then going spend-free for a single day in February.

Jill I'm in a similar boat! Purchasing a latte every morning has become a morning ritual for me, but with all of the fancy coffee creamers on the market these days replicating drink favorites is relatively easy. I do want to start cooking more in 2012 too, I'm good cook but more often than not I find it so much easier to just purchase my lunches. I have a really cute lunch set that has enough containers for snacks and a main entree, so I really don't have an excuse.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
dianabt

I am! (or will try) :smileywink: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lowrah

I would, but I've already purchased quite a bit of stuff this month. Granted, a lot of it is stuff I need (like a new sports bra), and it's my treat for making the president's honor list last semester. And I still need to buy some want/need hybrids too.

I'm on a no-buy for junk food though, because I buy too much of it and I fell into the "overweight" category recently. It's only by a couple of pounds, but I know how fast those "couple of pounds" multiply so I want to stop it from spreading into an epidemic.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 160 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • maltipoo66
    • anaa