bananachoox3

January Favorites

Its 2013 and I kinda want start doing monthly favorites on here. See what you all like and what works for you and what didn't

I've been loving:

Givenchy Mister Mat. I have oily skin especially my t-zone and cheek area. I like to just apply this over these area because I don't have the time for touch up or blot most of th time. This really does help with oil control and creating that smooth canvas. I've been reaching for this lately than my Porefessionl

Illamaqua Blush in Lover. I was recommend this blush from one of the mods here, pretty sure it was Diana. Boy do I like this color and pigmentation. This is a  matte blush which I prefer. The lasting color of this is amazing and little goes a long way with this blush. I apply this with either a stippling brush or a blush brush. Its a nice settle everyday pinky coral.

Stila Stay All Day Mascara. I never heard much from Stila's mascara. I got this as part of a value deal I got from buying the eyeliner(which I love). So I was kinda hesitant with using it. This is a waterproof macara. It stays on all day with no flaking. I love how it holds my curl and how it really makes my lashes look natural but fuller. 

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I love using this is set my foundation and conceal. Although I only use this on my oily areas. I used to used my Mac Mineralize SkinFinish Natural to set my makeup but I keep going back to this. This is a really nice setting powder for those who have oily skin and this doesn't cut a big hole in my wallet.

Korres Milk Protein Cleanser. I've been using this for about a week but I'm in love! I have a bit of roseca on my cheeks and this does not irrate my skin at all. Leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean. You only need a little bit of this to get it foamy. A really nice gentle everyday cleanser. 

Whats yours?

canseethruu

Re: January Favorites

[ Edited ]

Oh, Where to start....I guess stating that this would be February Favorites?? Or is there another thread for Feb?

1. GLAMGLOW Super-Mud Clearing Treatment- just ordered the set, but had a sample of the white jar, and was totally amazed at the results! I've never had any type of skincare, mask, serum etc show how well it extracts congestion, tightens pore walls, and leave a tremendous hollywood glow! Love it :smileyhappy:

2. Tarte BB Cream: After deciding on the right shade, with the help of some great BT women, I'm ordering the Medium shade. This is the BEST BB or TM I've ever used! I apply it with the UD Optical Blurring Brush, and I look airbrushed flawlessly! It's so lightweight, it truly feels like nothing is on your skin. The amazonian clay keeps my oil under control too! No blotting here!

3. Tarte Maracuja Oil Creasess Concealer: this is the best concealer. I only use it under my eyes, I use a shade lighter to brighten, and it doesn't settle into fine lines. It's thick, and takes a tiny, tiny bit to cover under eyes and between. It dries quickly, so I use my Pro Concealer Brush, cannot remember # but it's longer bristles and medium density. It just buffs it to perfection.

MaritzaNicole

This month's favorites

Tarte's BB Cream- Perfect for Primer and moisturizer!

Too Faced sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush- Packaging was so cute and gave me a really nice rose glow. Worked great wet as well!!

Robinofgotham3

(0) Hearts

this is so cool

drrragon

[ Edited ]

I've been thinking about this a lot and I think the January purchase I like best is actually my new round vanity mirror.  I used to do my makeup standing over the bathroom sink and it's soooooo much better to sit at a table and be able to move brushes and stuff around without it falling into the sink!

swfupload_2669778397997538817.jpg

Second most favorite is probably my Laura Mercier Artist Palette for Eyes.  Bought it in December but still very fascinated by this half-matte palette and having fun thinking up different color combinations.

bananachoox3

LOL is it weird for me to do my makeup on the window pane? ahah I stand up while doing my makeup and got used to it and the window gives me natural lightening. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

ChicDabbler

Nope! There's a window by my closet and I do my make up in front of the full length mirror hanging on the closet, just standing there and my make up/currently in use skincare stash is right beside it. I do it by the window while standing up. I actually kind of like it because I can easily step back and make sure it goes with the outfit and tweak accordingly (not noticeable enough, or too heavy for day time, too dark for the outfit, too much color etc).

kimmi1115

It's amazing how much nicer it is to sit somewhere with a good mirror and lighting than standing over a sink.  I sit at my desk with my lighted mirror to do my makeup since the lighting in my bathroom is kind of weird.

JillMConnell

This is a fun post! Here's what I'm digging this month.

1. Fresh Rose Face Mask - This one is a nice, light toning/moisturizing mask for me.  I keep it in the fridge and use it once or twice a week after my clay-based mask.  My skin feels perfect and glows like crazy!  It is more than I would like to pay (which is the case with most Fresh products) but smells and feels so nice that I don't mind.  I like the weight of the container, too.

2. Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment - I got this in a Tarte sampler I ordered last month and loved it so much, I ordered the full-size before the sample ran out.  It moisturizes enough for me to wear this as a night eye cream but doesn't give my eye makeup the slip when I choose to wear it during the day.   

3. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils - Renewed my love affair with these! I've recently started wearing a swipe of the more bold ones (Rockstar, Woodstock, etc.) on an otherwise naked eye during the day for a work-appropriate eye that is bold and fun but doesn't require as much work as a shadow-based look.

ChicDabbler

Oh oh oh! question about Fresh Rose mask, when you use it after the clay-based mask, does it make your skin drier after being dried by the clay mask, or replenish the hydration and counters the dryness from the mask?

Did it help when you notice your skin is about to breakout or during a breakout?

Did the glow last or was it a temporary thing?

Thaaanks

JillMConnell

It replenishes the hydration and calms any irritation temporarily caused by the clay mask.  When used in that way, it is like a nice finisher or garnish of sorts :smileyhappy:

I have fairly regular hormonal breakouts along my jawline and occasionally elsewhere.  It has never helped those but it hasn't made it worse either. It just...feels nice.

The glow is definitely a temporary-ish thing.  When used at the end of a routine including another, more intense, mask, the softness and glow is noticable for about 12 hours.  When used alone, the glow is more pronounced but doesn't last as long.  Hope this helps!

kimmi1115

Awesome idea!!  There's usually a month hashtag on Instagram for makeup favorites that I posted to earlier today.  So, I'll just use the same picture lol.

january.jpg

With a gift card to Sephora, I started my Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette.  I already had Freelove to put it, so I went with a pink and purple.  I love the neutral, Walk of Shame, for my Rose from Titanic look.

Maybelline The Rocket mascara.  I pretty much love any Maybelline mascara lol.

OPI Hand Lotion = BEST STUFF EVER!!!!!

Due to the crazy weather, I've been wearing lip balm more.  

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Kimmi-----Thank you for posting your pic of your build your own!! It looks amazing! I wanted to make a build your own neutral palette, but after reorganizing my makeup and seeing how many neutrals I have and how long it would take me to actually use them up....I'll pass and prob. build a smokey or bright palette first! I saw this gorgeous bright purple color from UD that I want (fishnet I think) and I want that!! I really love my Walk of Shame shadow too (I have it in my naked basics)!! Before I tried it on I thought that it was more of a highlighter shade but noooo....too dark for that. But its such a gorgeous lid/base color! I hope that UD sells it as a single because I know I will use this one up!

kimmi1115

You're welcome!  I know how much you love neutrals, so I think building a bright palette is a cool idea.  I love using a bright with neutrals, and Woodstock is a good shade for that.  I know you'll come up with many looks for that shade!

When I first bought the palette, I never realized how many purples UD has!  It took me a while to decide which to get first lol.  I wish they had a few more pink options, though.  Walk of Shame is probably new current favorite neutral.  I was stuck on Sidecar for the longest time, but I've not used it in a while now lol.

canseethruu

(0) Hearts

kimmi1115, the UD Build your own pallette was one of my very first purchases from Sephora, acutally, yes, my first in store visit. I was in awe over all of the wonderful colors....It took me about 6 months to decide on the 3 I've added to Walk of Shame. I've tried several other shades, but didn't seem to look as great as it did in the store. My favs thus far are Asphyxia and Fishnet. I LOVE the fact they have colorshift! They're sooo pigmented, mine will stay on, uncreased for 3 days, with UD Primer Potion of course, if I wanted it to!

I agree with the pink options.....**bleep** is the same color as your eyelid, and Sin, is well, Sin. I'm super picky about what shades I wear, when I wear eyeshadow and mascara....most days I'm lazy and sweep blush over my eyes :smileyhappy:

The benefit of creating your own, is that even if it's great in the store, and you get it home and don't like it for any reason, you can take it back....I hate to admit it, but Im the queen of returns...I live so far away that orders, and store bought items stack up until my next trip of items I don't like or don't work. They're very good about helping me make less purchase mistakes in the store now.....

JillMConnell

That lotion looks amazing! How prominent is the violet scent? I'm mad for that kind of fragrance.

kimmi1115

Lylysa is exactly right!  The smell is nice and light.  My mom, who is super picky about scents, will sneak into my room for some of it lol.  If she can use it, it doesn't have a strong scent or anything like that.  

I love how it absorbs quickly because I can't stand having that "greasy" feeling after applying certain lotions.  It drives me nuts.

lylysa

LOL! It's horrible after applying a lotion and then you try to grab something or open a jar and can't because your hands just slllllllllideeeeeeee :smileytongue:

kimmi1115

I have that problem when I try to open my tin of Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream after applying hand lotion.  I end up have to use my shirt tail just to get a grip on it lol.

lylysa

I haven't used that one in particular but I have used the cranberry one and the scents are pleasant, they come off sweet, but light, not sickly and juvenille. The textures of those are super light weight and not greasy which is nice so they absorb quicky! Perfect after a manicure to hydrate but not feel like you're hands are oily!

lylysa

Love the photo collage, Kimmi!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 57 replies
  • 154 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115