kalex

It wasn't worth it!

As if I needed further confirmation that my skin is affected by what I eat (dairy and bad carbs), I went on vacation for 3 days and pigged out.  I ate burgers, fries and ice cream on a daily basis along with standard amusement park food like funnel cakes.

To show for it I now have 3 white heads and one giant cysts on my chin.  And 3 extra lbs of course.  It'll take a week of damage control to lose the weight and who knows how long to get rid of the cyst.  It wasn't worth it!

How do you maintain your sanity and your diet while on vacation?

prettyinpa

Re: It wasn't worth it!

Once I get to my vacation destination, I stop at a supermarket before going anywhere and stock up on fresh fruit, carrots and protein bars. That way I don't have to eat junk food, I can just eat something from my backpack. I also pack my resistance bands so I can keep toned in my hotel room. If you do your resistance exercises without stopping and resting between sets, you can get your heart rate up to nearly a decent cardio level. I do treat myself to some fun, though hi cal foods on vacation, I just only eat out once a day, figuring I probably am getting a whole days worth of calories at that meal!

kimmi1115

People tell me I'm still at the age and whatnot where I can pretty much eat what I want.  Then again, I'm supposed to be gaining weight, but that is difficult to do when limiting gluten.

However, I sometimes do eat a bit more during the summer.  I don't know if that's because I'm more active or what.  Yet, some of the summer gluten either makes me feel like a bloated cow or gives me a stomach ache.  To compensate for a bigger meal or snack, I usually skip a snack or something.  Playing Wii Just Dance is definitely a work out lol.

kalex

@beautylovingirl - I have portion control x4!  :smileyhappy:  They're called children.  "Mom, can I try yours?"  "Hey!  If he gets some I get some...."

@beautytester - Breakfast wasn't bad at the hotel because they had a fruit basket and things like scrambled eggs and oatmeal.  Unfortunately leftovers or saving things weren't an option.  We didn't go back to the hotel until the end of the day so the only options were junk (burgers, pizza, etc) until we left the park.

@sephoraluvex - Yup!  Eat whatever and not worry!  That was my philosophy.  I've decided I need a new philosophy.  :smileyhappy:

@roxystar -  Yeah I figured some of it was water weight but either way my pants are tight and the scale is higher.  :smileysad:

Thanks for the heads-up on Happy Cow!  I'll definitely check that out!

beautylovingirl

I do portion control when I'm on vacation and that way I don't have to worry about it.:smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Ohh yum! Well, for me, there are 2 things:

1. Treat it as one meal and 2 "tea time" or "snack time". You want to eat something so you don't feel like devouring a whole chicken by the time lunch comes around (also, half funnel cake totally count as breakfast). When we go on vacation, we only eat out once a day, either lunch or dinner. The other two meals are from leftover or street snacks.

2. Share. You can always buy another one if you REALLY love it, but you don't want to stuff yourself then find something better/tastier. Aside from ice cream, I usually split things with my parents or friends and never eat more than half of whatever we buy. This way I can also try more things.

Now, that's for portion/diet control. As for eating healthy..............................................................0.0

sephoralovex

Normally I just eat whatever to enjoy the time there and not worry. But I do pay the price once I'm back home, meaning working out like crazy. 

Two things I make sure to remember to do when on vacay is 1. drink tons of water and 2. do not over eat. Sometimes i'll want to eat everything and i will try to do that... lol. And i end up being too full to do anything.

Also, I always carry my acne products with me now. I have acne prone skin and for some reason, i've noticed every time i go on vacay I always break out somewhere. And it's like it wont stop until i go back home.

roxystar4

@kalex : I pack a ton of apples, protein bars, veggie sticks, and nuts with me & lots of water.  Also my husband and I use happy cow dot net to find great restaurants that are veggie & some are healthy/raw. 

You may not have gained 3 lbs of actual weight. When you go out to eat, a lot of restaurants put way too much salt in the food to make it taste good.  So some of what you see on the scale is probably water weight. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoralovex
    • kimmi1115
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4