spacesuit

It's Friday already!!! questions

we made it to the end of the week! hooray!

1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?

2. If you were competing in a beauty pageant, what would you choose for your "special talent"?

3. Do you ever hear song lyrics as saying something slightly different than the actual written lyrics, and if so what is your funniest misheard lyrics moment?

4. What's the most embarrassing thing that happened while on a date?

5. Favorite type of jeans? (skinny, flared, bootcut etc)

1. Best thing that happened to me this week was getting invited to a friend's house for Christmas.

2. My "special talent" would be something offbeat like picking up a variety of objects with my toes!

3. I have this happen with part of the chorus of Blinded by the Light (by Bruce Springsteen), I can't not hear "revved up like a d o u c h e" instead of the actual lyric, "revved up like a deuce". :smileyvery-happy:

4. I once went on a date with a friend of a friend, who kept trying to make every conversation about 1990's nickelodeon cartoons, he was very loud about it too so other people in the restaurant were starting at us! It's okay to like cartoons when you're an adult but like... have some other interests please and don't dominate the conversation. At least I got a free meal out of that one.

5. skinny jeans, low-ish waist. I can see clothing manufacturers trying to bring back flared leg jeans but they can pry my skinny jeans from my cold dead hands because I am never going back! :smileywink:

jennjenn123

Re: It's Friday already!!! questions

(0) Hearts

1.  I got to spend the week with my husband!  The last couple of years he was on call on Christmas Eve then slept Christmas day.  This time he has the week off!

2.  Can I give a chemistry lecture?  

3.  ummm, I mess up the words to most songs.

4.  We weren't on a date, but I'd been with my husband, then boyfriend for only a few weeks when we were at a bar with several friends and a few professors.  This was when we were undergrads.  One of the profs asked, "hey, we're you just dating that guy Matt a while ago?"  Yes, but we don't need to talk about that!  

5.  Skinny jeans, though I do enjoy my bootcut jeans as well.

lilahtov

I planned a trip to visit my boyfriend for a few days (we're in a long-distance relationship.) I am so excited!
2. If you were competing in a beauty pageant, what would you choose for your "special talent"?

Probably singing. I know that sounds clichéd, but that is probably what I do best in the talent department.
3. Do you ever hear song lyrics as saying something slightly different than the actual written lyrics, and if so what is your funniest misheard lyrics moment?

Oh my gosh, so many times! I cannot think of one right now, but I have certainly heard some weird things! Haha.

I remember a date having to tell me I had toilet paper stuck to my shoe once. Needless to say, I was pretty embarrassed.

For me, it's a tie between skinnies and a really fitted bootcut jean that I can wear with booties or pumps. I love both! 

ladymeag

My spouse loaded the dishwasher twice. :smileytongue: 

I don't know that I have a performance based talent that could be done alone, plus I have terrible stage fright. 

Mondegreens. My funniest one is only funny to people very familiar with the personal lives of late-80s to mid-90s post-punk musicians. (If you're curious: instead of "Empire down" in Lucretia, My Reflection, I heard "Vampire down." Around the time that Eldritch was fighting for Patricia's attention that was all going to Dave. And we all know who won that one.) 

So not answering this - it's sex-related (and it was my now-husband, so I got over it.) 

I don't wear pants pretty much ever because I'm so hard to please. I'll tailor them if I can find them but I hate making pants, so I don't. I want truly high-waisted, fitted, all-cotton, skinny jeans in black. Everything is low-rise these days and stuff that's high waisted tends to be bootcut or flared or baggy in the butt in a way that can't be fixed by tailoring. 

LCResz

1. It just happened, finally bit the bullet and bought a big ol' bottle of Jo Malone Vetyver Cologne :smileyhappy:

2. Let's see, I'd probably recite some Emily Dickinson poetry and explain all the subversive innuendoes... Her low gates indeed.

3. Nope, I am that annoying friend that corrects you when you sing stuff wrong  :smileytongue:

4. Maybe the time a guy paid for our first date using a coupon? I don't care that he used a coupon but for the love of Pete, be discrete about it and don't haggle with the server and then talk badly about the poor guy in front of the girl you are trying to show your gallant side to.

5. I don't wear jeans, I never found a cut I liked.

mimibel

[ Edited ]

snow right before Christmas. Its always so magical when that happens, it's not that common here in Northwest Arkansas. 

I only entered the pageants with interview, Miss USA franchise, but if I was magically that age again...American tribal style bellydance to something cool and industrial. 

my favorite Japanese band Dir en Grey has a misheard lyrics video on youtube that is a howler from beginning to end...and the singing is in English...

"shut up Duck" is the funniest part. 

I got the hiccups at my prom dinner. Everyone stared. I couldn't stop laughing...and hiccuping...

I don't wear jeans. I think I have one purposely ripped up ancient pair in the back of a closet somewhere.

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Yeah!  It's nice to find a fellow Arkansan on BT!  I live however in LA (Lower Arkansas). 

Titian06

1.  What was the best thing that happened to you this week?

I renewed my license plates.

2.  If you were competing in a beauty pageant, what would you choose for your "special talent"?

A beauty pageant--really??

3.  Do you ever hear song lyrics as saying something slightly different than the actual written lyrics, and if so what is your funniest misheard lyrics moment?

My brother used to think "Golden Years" was "cold in here."

4.  What's the most embarrassing thing that happened while on a date?

N/A.

5.  Favorite type of jeans? (skinny, flared, bootcut etc)

Curvy fit bootcut.

killahbabe

I got to spend some quality time with my family on Christmas.

My talents aren't really meant for the stage. The things I excel at aren't performance items... in fact, I have immense anxiety about doing things in front of a crowd. :/

I've spent the last 5 minutes trying to recall one (I know I've got several good ones), but I can't for the life of me think of any right now!

I had a dentist appointment a few hours beforehand and ended up still being numb from the shot. So I talked like a blathering idiot, couldn't chew my food right, and a good night kiss was out of the question! Luckily, every guy I've ever been on a date with was someone that I've known fairly well so it wasn't super awkward just not the smoothest idea I ever had. haha.

Skinny jeans are my go-to jeans. I also love jeggings.

Londonlover101

1.)Christmas!!

2.)singing! mark my words oen day I will show y'all my singing!

3.)totally! but none I can specifically recall

4.)never been on a date!

5.)super skinny!

wingatprsct

I haven't done one of these in awhile, so here goes.....

1.  Best thing that happened to me this week was to see my boys happy with their Christmas presents and spending time with my mother and my brother.

2.  I would have to play the piano.

3.  I used to think Don Henley's (the Eagles) "down at the Sunset Grill" was "down at the sausage mill".

4.  My first and only blind date was over 30 years ago with another couple.  We went to a seafood restaurant and we all ordered all you can eat fried shrimp.  At the end of the meal, they started counting their discarded tails to see how many they had eaten. I only had two.....I had eaten tails and all!

5.  I love mid-rise (to hide my muffin top) and boot cut (to balance out my top half).

ladymeag

In many places, it's totally normal to eat the tails! 

itscarin

1.  Coming home for xmas was the best thing that happened to me this week.

2.  "I have a lot of really useful talents, but none of them are really good for [a beauty pageant].  Like, I’m really good at making fun of people dancing...
I can fit my body into small spaces....  I can tell instantly whether someone is fat or pregnant with 60% accuracy."

3.  When I was a little kid, The Zombies, "Time of the season" freaked me out.  I heard, "It's the time of the season for zombies".  Actual lyrics, "It's the time of the season for loving,"

4.  I can't think of anything embarrassing happening on a date.

5.  Favorite jean, right now, is straight leg.  I can do skinnies if I'm actually skinny, but not right now.  :smileyhappy:

ilovetopurplefy

[ Edited ]

1. I got to see my adopted grandma last night :smileyhappy:

2. I don't have a special talent. My siblings took all the cool ones.

3. my brother was singing along to a  Fall Out Boy song and he misheard the lyrics. So instead of singing "This has been said so many times, that I'm not sure if it matters," he sang, "This hat's been sad so many times, that I'm not sure if it's Hatter's." ahahahahahahaha

4. Never been on one :smileyhappy: Thank goodness.

5. I love skinny jeans. I got rid of all my other jeans a few years ago and I haven't looked or gone back.

BeautyJunkie325

[ Edited ]

1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?  After having to cancel 2 nail appointments b/c my dad was in the hospital, I finally made it in this morning.  Now I don't have talons and 2 broken nails. :smileyhappy:
2. If you were competing in a beauty pageant, what would you choose for your "special talent"?  I would either tie Cherry stems with my tongue or just put my high school voice lessons to use and sing. 
3. Do you ever hear song lyrics as saying something slightly different than the actual written lyrics, and if so what is your funniest misheard lyrics moment?  The funniest one for me is when my niece was 3/4 she was in love with disco and early 80s music. She went to a wedding and heard "We Are Family". When she told me about it on the phone the next day she started singing the song to me except it was "We Are Emily". 
4. What's the most embarrassing thing that happened while on a date?  When I was 18 I had a huge crush on a guy who was in the Coast Guard. He finally asked me out after crushing on him for 2 summers. On our first date we went to a movie & in the middle I moved and the underwire in my bra snapped in 2 poking me in the b00b. I went to the bathroom, tossed the bra & went back to the cold theater. 
5. Favorite type of jeans? (skinny, flared, bootcut etc). Boot cut most of the time. I'm a curvy girl so unless I'm wearing boots and a tunic or long sweater, skinny jeans are a real no. 

quotidianus

1. four hours of uninterrupted, amazing, beautiful sleep
2. something banal like playing the piano
3. all the time... the funniest one was odd, and actually not a case of misheard lyrics.  karaoke bar in koreatown in toronto.  day-o (banana boat song) was up, it was my turn, and 'til i come me don't wan go home' flashed across the screen.  i belted it that way just assuming that, as per usually, i'd had the lyrics wrong all those years...
4. bumping into my (less than sober) ex and his date when i on a date myself, and him telling my date, rather graphically, how to get me in bed and also that if he was good, i'd probably make him teddy bear pancakes
5. low rise skinny or boyfriend, depending on what i'm doing.

marydiva

Winter Break! :smileyhappy: It's great not to be at school constantly.

Oh lord. I have no actual stage performance talents. AT ALL. XD I'd probably attempt stand up comedy. (And most likely fail, but I'd have fun trying!)

Hahaha yes! All the time. In the song Silent Night, I always thought the lyric as "Round young john, virgin, mother and child" instead of "Round yon virgin, mother and child." I still remember asking my teacher who "Round John" was and why there was a fat young man in a song about Christmas.

Well, go ahead and hate me but I can't think of anything embarrassing that's ever happened to me on a date! :smileyhappy:

I got these GORGEOUS high rise, dark wash "jeggings" from American Eagle, but to me, they just feel like really soft skinny jeans. I absolutely LOVE them! They're one of the most comfortable pairs of pants I've ever owned and they go with absolutely everything. I'm fairly petite, so I only ever get skinny and/or jeggings. I LOVE high-waisted. Low-rise look so weird on me! 

kimmi1115

I haven't filled out one of these in forever.

Getting to see my great uncle.  He has been very sick the past year, but he has been feeling a lot better lately.

That I can kick a guy's butt at Rock Band videogames.  Well, at least Lanndan and his friends lol.

I have, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I can't think of anything embarrassing from a date.  Lanndan and I have been together for almost four years, so we've been in the joking around with each other stage for quite some time lol.

Bootcut.  I don't wear skinny jeans or jeggings.  

kalex

Getting a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas.  So far I'm in love with it.

I don't think I have any special talents.  I'll just bribe everyone with baked goods.  I love to bake.

The song Royals by Lorde when she sings, "You can call me Queen Bee."  My 7 year-old thought it said, "You can call me Green Bean."

It wasn't on a date but once I slipped on a strawberry in the lunch room in high school.  My tray went flying and I landed on my butt.

I like bootcut and skinny equally well - just as long as it doesn't gape in the waist like most jeans do on me!

kimmi1115

Jeans, dress pants, and shorts are so annoying to find!  I always have to wear a belt because of the gap in the back.  It's so annoying!!!  

ladymeag

I have an excellent tutorial pinned on my Pinterest board that explains step by step how to tailor out the gap in the back (I've been using the method since before the post I pinned but it's a really helpful explanation) - sometimes I really wish BT allowed links (but I understand why not!) 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • kalex
    • itscarin
    • killahbabe
    • marydiva
    • kimmi1115
    • ilovetopurplefy