liya888

Is there a food treat you find hard to give up?

Today I'm giving up Twizzlers. Is there a food treat you find hard to give up?:smileyvery-happy:

prettyinpa

Re: Is there a food treat you find hard to give up?

Buttered roasted chestnuts!  These just say "Christmas" to me!  We roast them in the fireplace and warm a little copper pan of butter on the hearth, then peel chestnuts and dip in butter, YUM!  Fortunately they are only available for a short time in the late fall and they are so much work to roast and peel that they are sort of self-limiting. I get tired of the preparation long before I get tired of eating them. If someone would just fix these for me, I'd have a serious weight problem!:smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

Around the Holidays, I LOVE Hickory Farms Summer Sausage Beef Stick!  It's the perfect grab and go snack, although probably not the healthiest lol.  I also love Chex Party mix.  My mom made a batch on Saturday, so I have been munching on that.  Most of it is gluten free, so I'm in the clear.  I just got to avoid the Wheat chex pieces which is easy since I don't like wheat chex anyway lol.

ran8

[ Edited ]

Tangerines.  Short season but when they are at their peak, delicious.  Also little grapes.  For some reason the larger sized ones have no flavor in them.  It seems hard to give up because of how short or fast the season is.  And when they are past the peak point, not as good. 

I used to like gummy bear and fruit snacks but I rarely keep those in the house anymore. 

berniebeauty

ran8 wrote:

I used to like gummy bear and fruit snacks but I rarely keep those in the house anymore. 

I agree. I almost never have candy in my house. Thats probably a good thing.

I am better off than my friend, though, because her mom is a nutritionist. My friends and I all feel bad for her so we gift her loads of sweets on holidays:smileyvery-happy:.

~~We are all beautiful~~

janinebt

All these listed snacks are making me hungry! My all time favorite treats are kettle corn and rose milk tea. I don't think I've ever turned down either. Kettle corn is an especially dangerous temptation for me, I've been known to finish bags from the fair without any help from others! 

Fresh fruit is another favorite of mine. I'm so happy clementines are in season right now, they're so delicious :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
berniebeauty

Every time I go to the movies I eat like a whole bag of twizzlers! So bad for me but so good tasting!

My food I cant give up is strawberry Ice cream, Especially Perry's because it has the frozen strawberrys actually in it. YUM

~~We are all beautiful~~

dianabt

Hello ladies! 

I see we all have a sweet tooth here! :smileywink: I LOVE  cheesy popcorn.. it's so good and cheesy and salty! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ry22

I <3 Sunchips. I NEED them after track practice:smileyhappy: But I've never ever tried to give them up

pinkforlife15

Definitely Skittles. Once I start eating them I just can't stop! Now I'm thinking about getting some...

xoxcharlottexox

This is kind of weird, but if I eat raspberries, I can't stop... they're my favorite!

I'll eat a whole package within a few minutes lol. :smileyvery-happy:

Also, blueberries are quite good too, but I can control myself when it comes to them.

xoxo, Charlotte

nanobear18

homemade fudge!!!!! my aunt makes the best!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 52 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • ran8
    • kimmi1115
    • nanobear18
    • dianabt