lonerchick

Is anyone regifting beauty items?

I bought the Formula X twenty two set and I am giving 6 colors I am least likely to use to my step sister. She is also getting eyeshadows from my ipsy and beauty five box.

Is anyone else putting together beauty gifts like this?

sundaespal

Re: Is anyone regifting beauty items?

(0) Hearts

I bought the 15 piece buxom set. There are so many purples in that box, and I don't look all that great in purple. SILs will each be getting one from my set as a stocking stuffer (no worries, they've never been opened).

bleuorchid21

(0) Hearts

Also, I tend to receive items free in the mail a lot (from Influenster or random companies) so tend to gift away what I don't want or won't use. I received a CoverGirl mascara free which I gave to my best friend (on top of her other gifts). In the UPS Box of Joy, there are 2 mini lip glosses I won't use so going to give those away as well. I wish I had given the deluxe Smashbox mascara away because I didn't care for the formulation.

mpolansky

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yep! For my friends birthday last week I made my own "ipsy bag" for her using deluxe samples that I haven't used and included a set of 3 nail polishes. I think it had two mini mascaras, a mini rose fresh lip balm, UD Revolution lipstick sample, and various other foil packets. It was a great way to pass on the samples that I couldn't use (some had almond oil in them which I get an allergic reaction to). She LOVED it!

Edit: I used the black bag that I got with the KVD code (came with the mini lipstick and mini tattoo liner)!

BeautyLove02

(0) Hearts

Yes! I am putting my extra Smashbox Full Exposure mascara in my daughter's stocking (from Smashbox Wondervision set.) Also, an eyeshadow palette I got from a store that doesn't have a good return policy. The colors are warmer than they looked online and I'm gifting it to someone...just don't know who yet.

LCResz

Heck yes! I have so many duplicate mascaras, lip glosses, and fragrance minis that I give them as stocking stuffers :smileyhappy:

bleuorchid21

I tend to regift drugstore makeup if I have bought it and just don't use it. I have one friend who is very appreciative of anything she gets so I always just give her what I don't use. I did also give her my 100 point deluxe sample of a MUF cream blush I got a while back. Didn't care for the formulation or the color.

Ellenmae

The Bliss trio of lotions was $39 vs one regular full size is $29. I really only wanted the Lemon sage scent, so I'm keeping that one and the other two are going into a White Elephant gift exchange. It's a better value overall.

AllyKatVA

I have three sisters. Does that answer your question? :smileywink: Seriously though, I did pick up four of the Fresh gift card holders as gifts, and I am adding other small items (one sister is getting the Too Faced Black Friday set, for example) to make gifts for my mother and sisters. It is pretty normal in our family for makeup and beauty products to "make the rounds". [My Estee Lauder/Lancome loving grandmother used to give my mom or us (once we hit about twelve) the GWP components she did not want. I was probably the only twelve year old in the neighborhood who had ten Estee Lauder lipsticks.] If someone does not like something or it does not look right, it usually goes to the next sister. Or Mom. 

People often look at sets as a single gift, but sales associates are often coached to sell them as single or multiple gifts at a cheaper price point. Versatility! 

prosopon

A lot of times I will add deluxe samples to my friends and family's gifts as a "bonus" to whatever their regular gift is.  If there is something that I used and didn't work for me, I will just give it to them.  Sometimes, like you, I will purposefully break up sets because it was cheaper to order that way, or I wanted some of the products for myself.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • bleuorchid21
    • LCResz
    • Ellenmae
    • BeautyLove02
    • mpolansky