Meg82

Is anyone else's loves list getting out of control while you wait for 2/3/4x point week?

I promised myself I would save up for the 3x point week and not just buy willy-nilly so i've been putting everything i want on my loves list and I'm getting a look at just exactly how much stuff I accumulate over a million short little trips.  It's a LOT of stuff.

I'm almost definitely going to make rouge during my 3x point shopping trip (does that mean i'll get 4x points or is that only in your transactions after making rouge).

I'm getting worse at waiting.  I just want to buy buy buy now now now.

Do you think you can hold out until the 12th?

dannyc

Re: Is anyone else's loves list getting out of control while you wait for 2/3/4x point week?

(0) Hearts

Both! Awesome right?!?! 

Meg82

Re: Is anyone else's loves list getting out of control while you wait for 2/3/4x point week?

(0) Hearts

that's rad.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

My list has grown, but I've also gone through and unloved some things as well. I think the waiting has allowed me time to actually read through reviews and decide if I really want it instead of just splurging. I did make a small order though and was so happy to use Rouge free shipping for the first time. I'm growing out my pixie and desperately need some hair pomade and picked up a Sephora Collection eyeliner brush that popped up in the sale section. Most of my list consists of skincare so I can hold out, makeup is what usually gets me to impulse buy, but there's nothing that I absolutely need at the moment. I've been hearing really good things about the new formula of Sephora Collection airbrush foundation (even that it compares to Dior) so I'm really excited to try it.

Kiki1517

Ooops just went and cheated with Ulta :smileytongue: 

Had a 20% off entire purchase so I got my TIGI Styling products and the shampoo/conditioner liters are on sale for $12.99 (got the SIlkySexyHair for thick hair reg $27, smells soooo good!). I went in for the Carol's Daughter Monoi but when I saw how TINY the bottle was for $22, there was no way I splurging on that. 

Meg82

(0) Hearts

The thing about reviews is true for me too.  My list is long, but much more thought out than it would be normally.

starletta8

I have a simple decision tree right now:

• Is the item in the sale section? If so, BUY because it will be gone.
  • Is the item at regular price? If so, NO BUY.

I'm glad for the 4x points- and that this stretches over 2 pay periods for me.  I need to replace at least $200 in skincare alone!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I just totally cheated on that.

Hi, brand-new, exclusive Deborah Lippmann polishes? Yeah, two jumped into my bag and I was hitting checkout before I could stop myself.

rikkie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yeah, this is me too. The sale section grew like 6 times in a row though, and some things I sent here and some to the US, so I made like 10 little orders this week. :smileyfrustrated: 

I SWEAR I'M WAITING, PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!! :smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Thats actually a pretty good tree to go by lol. Most of what I've bought has either been LE or well there was one thing I bought to be rouge, looking back I could have totally waited but oh well.

joeanne

My list is growing and growing by the hour. It's killing me not buy anything so I'm doing a lot of browsing and adding items that I like "just in case". I'm sure I will go through and "unlove" some things, but it seems every day I think of something new I need and off to search I go!

I did break down and buy the Buxom Time To Shine Lip Gloss set and I'm glad I did because I see it's out of stock now and I really love it. But I am holding out for the rest.....I think!

Littlemermaid81

(0) Hearts

I lobe it too! i wasn't sure when I ordered it about the colours but they are super wearable! So glad I got it before it went OUS

Littlemermaid81

Oops meant love. Anyone else find the iPhone is terrible for bt?

dannyc

(0) Hearts

Not only BT, but I couldn't add a product to my loves list in the app last night. So I added it to my cart to deal with today... 

kalex

I'm having a hard time deciding what would benefit me more.  Buying the more expensive things on my list to earn triple points?  Or waiting to buy the more expensive things during the FF 20% off that always comes up in the fall.  

divagirl90

I found out there's usually a Fall FF sale today (I'm a newbie). I think I rather hold out until then. I can't resist 20% off anything! In the meantime i'm going to try to use up some products so that I can make room.

wendyomgwar

I'm thinking about that too :/ I think that I'd rather by tidbits here and there for the 4x points and the expensive stuff during FF 

kalex

(0) Hearts

That's probably what I'll end up doing too.  I'll grab my regular small purchases like hair ties and nail polish remover for 3x points and wait to buy things like the husband's Tom Ford cologne during FF.

mommyto4

Agreed!  I have a lengthy list though so I'm thinking about splitting up my items.

michmo

Yes! My loves list is getting long.  But since money doesn't grow on trees I'm going to need to cut it down.  There is a new blush that I desperately want that I will buy and then there are a bunch of products I'm about to run out of that I'll repurchase.  

I consider the repurchases "need" and items like the blush "want".  So as long as I keep the wants in check I'll do fine.  

Kiki1517

I wish they had the option of making separate "needs" and "wants" lists. Then I wouldn't have to every time look through my list figuring it out.

Kiki1517

Or be able to drag and drop the items to organize (like you would a playlist) to put the needs at the top.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 50 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • kalex
    • misslovey
    • dannyc
    • wendyomgwar
    • annonymous1
    • roxystar4