FireSpinner

Is anyone else doing this?

[ Edited ]

I am trying to hold off using my new products as long as i can resist lol

Currently i have large box (from my first online order last month) that still has that order's items in it, as well as what i got from sephora last week. I'm just purchasing, but not using any items as of yet. I'm trying to resist :smileytongue: 

Is anyone else doing the same thing, or am i just strange lol

knadala

Re: Is anyone else doing this?

(0) Hearts

I am doing the same thing because once you open a product and start using it, the timer starts for when it will expire. I usually don't want to use multiples of the same products (except for eyeshadow and lip products).

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hello FireSpinner!

I don't think that is strange at all! I've had a few blushes "waiting" to be used for about 5 years now... =/ Probably need to get on that! LOL.

I was at the point where I had way too many mascaras (at least 5 tubes) and eyeliners (10+) being used- I decided to hold off and while I'm still getting makeup, I tend to save them. The skincare I make sure to use or pass around to someone who CAN use it since they do have a limited shelf life.  I'm on a lipstick cleanse as well- I threw out about 6 tubes and 10 more glosses that were just plain OLD. And before I open any new ones, I'm going to finish up the two tubes I have that are almost out! Makes me feel productive too. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
oklady2013

(0) Hearts

Right now I have the Sephora  Lash Stash & Superstars collections sitting unused. They are Christmas gifts to myself. I did check to make sure there was no shipping mishaps as the Sephora +Pantone Radiant Cut palette had broken shadow. So I sent it back for a replacement. My friend understands her birthday gift will be late. If she loves the shadows then I will get a palette for me.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only that waits to open & use purchases.

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

I think I would combust if I had those new products there that I couldn't use! Good for you!!!

I know I don't have much willpower so I've been on a no-buy for myself until I finish a few more makeup products. I wish I could do it the way you are!

rainbowveins084

(0) Hearts

I don't think it's strange- to each their own, but for myself I feel there is no difference between now or later, and would have at it!!!

Tayvm

Craziness.  Just use it! :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

I have several Sephora Favorite sets sitting here. Once difference, I open the box immediately to check the condition of the products. That way there aren't any damage surprises come gifting time.

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

i did that too. i didnt want any bad surprises later on

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I have 70+ skincare items (not counting sample packets). I rest my case.

I do tend to open and use new makeup immediately, for a while  at least before I sanitize and store away if I lost interest.

rikkie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am actually curious to count up what I've got in waiting at the moment, it's starting to be an impressive backlog. You might have some competition in the skincare department one day. :smileywink:

ps, KGD water = magical. And I tried the peel off mask yesterday, it smelled really good!

ry22

(0) Hearts

I have six boxes just sitting in my hallway. They are "Christmas/Birthday" gifts. I bought them because I was scared of them selling out yet hahaha

Corrina777

(0) Hearts

I'm more inclined to do this with skincare than with makeup, mostly because I make it a point not to introduce more than one new skincare product within a 7-day period (previous issues with reactions and over-exfoliation). So for example, yesterday I picked up some new products on a whim (also unusual for me). I got a treatment gel, a mask, and a sample of a moisturizer. Introduced the treatment gel last night, will wait until next weekend to try the mask, and as long as I have no issues with either of those I'll try the moisturizing sample in about two weeks, at which point I'll probably have one or two more samples to try. 

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I don't think that I could ever do this, getting new makeup is super exciting for me and I just want to use it all right away!

iknowitstoday

(0) Hearts

Yes I am trying to not open things if i currently have something open that is the same i am trying to keep everything "fresh"

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

I acidently did this, the product it was a miracle skin balm or something like that was knocked over and I forgot I had this product since I couldnt see it  and by the time I found it the product was expired. I had just bought for the VIB 10% sale in what march?? So now I just make sure to lay out all my products so that none get overlooked. Sad part is the product didnt work on me it peeled off my skin so I would have returned it had I known, but sadly i had to throw it out since it was on the verge of expiring and didnt work with my skin. Oh well live and learn....

spoiledbrat

I do this with clothes and shoes all the time. Makeup i only do it if i am procrastinating on something. Then i will not allow myself to rip into until the dreaded task is over. It is a great incentive. No, you are not strange. If you are strange, then we are all strange LOL :smileyhappy:

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

Lol, that last part totally made me smile. 

friedrice

I thought I am the only one who do this. LOL.

I love going to the Sephora store and just buy the new stuff that comes out, but it ended up still in the bag and not opened, with the red wrapper in it and the samples too.

For example I bought this new Too faced palette (the pink one), and would not use it.  I'd rather use up my UD ones

veronika23

Well sometimes I do this when I have to finish a product first.  I'll get a new one but will hold off using it because I have to finish the other one even if it's not the same thing just same type of product. Does that make any sense. lol

FireSpinner

Hehe, it makes complete sense.

As for my box of makeup/skin care goodies - I think i'm going to wait till it's completely full. Then break into it on a weekend and feel totally spoiled lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • friedrice
    • dianabt
    • lilyyy
    • ry22
    • ChicDabbler