thesupergirl

Ipsy's glam rooms are up! What are you getting?

So this is the first bag in several months that I'm really excited about! I'm getting:

Em Michelle Phan waterline eyeliner

Be a bombshell lip crayon

Nailiti nail color

Pixie bronzer

Starlooks gem eye pencil 

BH cosmetics baked eyeshadow

I can't wait what about you guys & girls?

sugarluvv

Re: Ipsy's glam rooms are up! What are you getting?

Kekekeimage.jpg

SirenPrincess

I'm curious how that Cailyn eyeshadow thing is.  You're the first person I've seen who has gotten one.

crayzeeRN

I received:

Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shameless

Ever Ez Lashes

Starlooks Liner in Amethyst

Em Waterliner in Turquoise

Nailtini in Caviar Cocktail

Pixi Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched- this actually looks like a dusty rose blush to me instead of a bronzer!

SirenPrincess

I used the bronzer where I would use blush and put just a pop of color on the apples and it looked pretty good!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I'm going to try it today! :smileyhappy: Did you get the same shade as me?

Tayvm

(0) Hearts

I cancelled a few months back and haven't really regretted it.  However, this month looks pretty beefy.  The only real reason I would have liked to receive this is that I have been wanting to try the Em products and they don't ship to Canada.  There have been mixed reviews so I wouldn't go out of my way to figure out how to get a few things, but I wouldn't have said no to finding one in an Ipsy Bag :smileyhappy:  Looking forward to hearing how they perform for people who didn't receive them for free to review.  I never really trust the Youtubers who rave about stuff they didn't pay for.

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

I tried their nude lace lipstick and its pretty sheer and buttery.  

SirenPrincess

I tried the Em mascara.  It amazingly didn't bother my mascara eye allergies/sensitivities.  Other than that, though, it didn't really do anything for my lashes.  It was sort of hard to get on.  I think it's that the brush wasn't a very good one.  And also the head of the tube didn't seem tight enough to get all the extra off.  I might consider buying it for me, maybe, but probably not.  I think most other people can do better with something else.

I also bought on my own their contour/highlight stick.  I do really like it!  The color works well for my fair skin, and it's unlike anything else I've ever tried.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

If you guys like the em products I just saw the discount is 30% off! I'm thinking of getting the pillow plush lip balm. Oh, debit card get here ASAP!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

So I just looked at my bag and the em eyeliner is in teal. I was hoping for any color but teal I think I can make it work for me

mimibel

[ Edited ]

See trade items below if you are looking for GlamGlow or EM black mascara, thanks. I'd rather trade with fellow BT peeps than on the Ipsy board, I think.

Does anyone else get the feeling brands like BaB and Starlooks and a couple of the others Ipsy features often are private label stock items  and not actually companies on the up and up developing products themselves? I feel a bit cynical but I do wonder...

That said, I do like my bags so far, and the whole Ipsy concept, themed bags, mix of price points, the comm, the challenges, the looks posting. This is my 5th bag and I've only gotten a single product I truly disliked and it was because of color, and scent, not that it was a bad product.

The Ipsy community could use a vaccination against whining though, or some rules about the griping in every blessèd thread.

In order of preference based on first impression, I haven't wear-tested any yet:

Starlooks  Gem Eye Pencil: I was bummed I missed Chanel Beryl, I sat there like a lump and away it went! This is a sparkly consolation of sorts. Similar in color and works for a cool toned water liner with a shine that looks 'dewey'. Color closer to Beryl, finish similar to Rose Platine?  Soft but not quite as soft as Stylo Yeux, of course. A good thing.

Nailtini in Caviar Cocktail: I liked either shade a lot. I will try a mani with this + NARS Disco Inferno over the tips for an OTT winter mani. Possibly with crystals. 

Pixi Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched: Cool enough, light enough and not too shimmery. I like the package feel and color, kind of rubbery like NARS. :3 The product has a smell though and well...it's not violets...

Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot **bleep**:  funny name. A red that isn't to warm for me to like. I'm still not sure I like the performance and wear of any these chubby crayons though...

GLAMGLOW Youth Mud: Up for trade. I'm interested in it but...I can sample @ Sephora, of course.  :smileyhappy:  Looking for EM Waterliner in Ro's Gold or other color. 

EM Mascara: Up for trade for almost any other EM product that would suit my coloring (see profile). 

Bag is cute but I won't use it as a wristlet.

I'd like trades for new, unopened, unswatched items only and I trade only the same. 

SirenPrincess

Here's what I got in mine

Ipsy Nov 2013.jpg

jaimelove

i got this same bag, only i got the silver nailpolish and the red lip crayon. i was hoping for the colors you got :smileyhappy: LOVE that eyeshadow, though! and as a december baby, i was pretty glad to get the topaz eyeliner :smileyhappy: 

SirenPrincess

This one is a lovely nail polish color.  Very, very pretty.

The Be a Bombshell lip crayon, meh. I was happy to get the pinker one instead of the red, but even the Shameless is a bit too bold on me.  I toned it down with my KatVonD Celebutard and then it was all right.

I want to try the eyeshadow on my eyes and see what it looks like.  It's very different and interesting, just not sure how it will actually look!

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

I tried the eyeshadow today and I love it too!  My eyes went wide when I opened the box and saw the color orginally.  I thought they were insane to send it to me.  But then I swatched it and it seemed interesting.  Tried it on my eyes today, and I love it!  It's very hard to describe.  In the package it looks bronze with blue.  It doesn't look anything like that on my eyes.  It's a silvery-taupe when patted on and browner taupe when brushed through.  I can get a lot of different color looks by different techniques, but it's almost like a slightly browner UD Mushroom on me.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

Yay!!!! Mine finally updated its being delivered today !!!!!!

amberangeline

I just got mine today and love the gold bag! My favorite one so far! I got a lot of the same things everyone else did:

Pixi bronzer

Nailtini nail polish in Caviar Cocktail

Be a Bombshell pencil in Shameless

Em waterliner in Turquoise

Starlooks gem eyeliner in Amethyst

Kiss Ever EZ lashes

dolceloure

I got the same products and pretty excited to try them. I looove Ipsy b/c I totally feel like I'm getting my $10's worth, and then some!

amberangeline

Agree! I am loving Ipsy!

properandlovely

So excited about the Em lipstick!! And everything else :smileyhappy: Loving this bag, haven't received it yet though

ipsy.PNG

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 58 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • dolceloure
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • kso1225