Jessithediva

Instagram

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while! 😭I've been so busy with school and stuff. So anyways, I just got an Instagram so if u have one, follow me and I'll start posting more beauty things... Plus I'd love to have some of u following me! I follow back. Thanks!
My username is Jessaaayyyy12
dianabt

Re: Instagram

I have to admit, I do love Instagram. It's just a fun photo app without the annoying status updates that FB can give. I don't have my IG linked to my FB at all though!  :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

I LOVE instagram!!  I follow nail art people and various accounts revolving around animals lol.  Once my phone is off the charge, I'll have to look up your account.  I'm kimmi1115 on IG as well. 

makeupobesessed

I'm so out of it too, I don't even Facebook or twitter.  I'm may have to try this Instagram and see what it's about.

kimmi1115

@makeupobsessed  Be warned: it can become addicting lol. 

@dianabt  I have mine linked to my FB, but I don't share all my photos to it.  Have you noticed that ever since FB bought Instagram, spam comments keep showing up?

dianabt

kimmi1115 wrote:

@makeupobsessed  Be warned: it can become addicting lol. 

@dianabt  I have mine linked to my FB, but I don't share all my photos to it.  Have you noticed that ever since FB bought Instagram, spam comments keep showing up?

YES! Nonstop spammers on my photos so I keep reporting and blocking them :smileysad: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

@dianabt  That keeps happening to me as well.  I don't know if it's best to complain to Facebook or to Instagram.  I also keep getting followed by Instashop accounts.  I have to block at least a couple of them each week.  I wish I knew how some of the spammer find their photos.  I had a sunglass spam comment on a picture of Fall leaves.  The two have nothing to do with one another!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I haven't noticed it on my own photos, but I have noticed that others' photos will have the same comment, which is "Hey you stole this photograph from me wtf"+ a facebook link. It's always the same comment, so I assume it's spam, too. I had never noticed any spam comments until Facebook bought Instagram.  I'm not sure if my Facebook and Instagram accounts are linked -- when I upload a photo, I have the option of sending it to Facebook, but it will not do so automatically (it defaults to not sharing it with any other social media outlets). Hmm...

kimmi1115

@katie1724  I've not seen that comment, but it definitely sounds like spam since it has the link.  Ever since FB bought Instagram, more photo stealing has been going on, especially nail art.  That's why I watermark my nails now; I'd rather be safe than sorry.  I've also seen cat pictures stolen!  Why in the world would someone steal a cat photo?!  Is it that hard to take a picture of your own pet, nails, or whatever?  Facebook is the root of Instagram evil lol.

ilovetopurplefy

@jessithediva I just requested you! :smileyhappy: 

prettyinpa

Forgive my ignorance, what's an Instagram? Is it something like Facebook?

I live in the Middle Ages, not quite as old as dinosaurs, but definitely not up on the latest technology! lol
Jessithediva

It's kind of like facebook. Its a picture sharing app.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Instagram is a photo uploading site, you can add effects, filters, and make collages and post to share with friends similar to posting images on a FB status or putting a pic link on Twitter.

It's just photos only though, so no links or text updates. :smileyhappy:

But you can link an Instagram account to things like Facebook so your images populate on multiple sites.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • ilovetopurplefy