catherineu2

Income Tax Refund = OH NO

I just got my income tax refund and I know I should save it or buy something constructive but I am DYING to go shopping (especially at Sephora)! Anyone else out there planning on spending their refund? I'm definitely going to buy some new eyeglasses but after that it's gonna be a free for all lol!

melissabt

Re: Income Tax Refund = OH NO

(0) Hearts

I didn't buy much with my refund. I put most of it into savings so I wouldn't touch it! I bought some new jeans and black pants, I think that's about it:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
dannyc

I was in need of a new computer so I was good this year. Most of my tax return went to a rMBP, the rest went to our shared bank account for house stuff. I think my boyfriend ended up getting another piece of furniture from Restoration Hardware with the money I put in. 

I have a separate stash for Sephora spending :smileywink: 

dianabt

I got my refund so long ago and I decided to be good and save it. I have more than enough makeup I don't even use and is still sitting in boxes brand new! I'm saving my money to either pay off a big chunk of my college student loan or use it as a down payment for a new car :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
catherineu2

I REALLY want to buy some Tarte LipSurgences (like 6 lol) and some new nail polish for the summer. I've had my eye on some polishes for a while now so I might just splurge & get them. I LOVE makeup but I only wear it on weekends & special occasions. Nail polish I wear all the time though so I don't feel as bad buying it. I don't wear makeup for work because no one sees me as I am on the phone all day and my office is in the back of a workshop. Also, sometimes after wearing makeup for a few hours I HAVE to take it off as it bugs me. I keep trying to tell myself that I don't need anything but makeup is just so pretty and I'm such a junkie!

janinebt

My refund has been gone for months now. I used most of it to move into a new apartment :smileyhappy:. Right now I've been eyeing the entire DryBar brand! I got a sample of their 100 Proof with my last order and instantly fell in love. Unlike most hair oils this one actually absorbs into the hair, rather than just sitting on top. I really want a bottle of that along with their blow dryer! It's adorable.

swfupload_6157595625715341394.jpg

swfupload_8210409630719429536.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

I want this dryer too, especially after seeing the new DIY videos on Sephora TV:

http://www.sephora.com/sephoratv/htfob-hair.jsp

keelybt

@MoreGun89 I haven't tried it yet but it says the marker is water-soluble, allowing water to wash it away so I would assume so.  Now I'm even more excited to try it!!!!

MoreGun89

Awesome! :smileyvery-happy:

catherineu2

OMG that Ciate Chalkboard Manicure looks AWESOME!!!! Ok so I don't feel so bad now lol!

arielaaaaaaaa

There was just no point in saving mine. I didn't work much so there wasn't much i got back. So it mostly all went to things i had been dying for on my shopping list! 

starletta8

It's how I justified buying most of the Chanel summer 2013 collection. :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I should also mention that I already know I'm not going on vacation and made large purchases last year- so I'm "enjoying" my money a bit right now.

drrragon

@starletta8 -- totally irrational but once in a while I think of your Chanel hauls and think to myself "I'm nearsighted too!  *I* should get Chanel eyeshadow sticks!" LOL

starletta8

I highly recommend them! If not those, the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks are a blessing to us nearsighted people.

keelybt

I know how you feel lol I always consider my tax refund "found money" even though I really should be saving.  This year I'm using it for plane tickets to see my boyfriend. Well.....also the Ciate Chalkboard Manicure because I NEED it :smileywink: Then TravelZoo had this awesome deal for a massage/facial/ jacuzzi soak I had to snag.

swfupload_3978874545814697209.jpg

MoreGun89

oh my goodness that looks like fun!  Are the marker things permanent on the polish, or can you change it day to day? O.O

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • keelybt
    • dannyc
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • dianabt
    • melissabt