glossyguru

IOS 7

Hey guys! I feel like i haven't been on BT in forever, i've been so busy with school! I know that this is completely unrelated to anything beauty, but I wanted to know what you guys think about IOS 7. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on it, and I wanted to see what you guys think. Sorry if you don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch :smileysad: this doesn't apply to you.

Personally, I like it. It is definitely a lot different than the previous setup, but it seems a lot more modern to me.

mafan

Re: IOS 7

This has been interesting to read, thanks.  I got back from vacation with a prompt to upgrade and I decided to wait -- I didn't even know a new version or the 5c (or whatever it's called) was coming out.  I'm happy with my 4s and iOS6.  DH has a 4 and I don't think had plans to upgrade any time soon. 

I couldn't wait to get rid of my Android phone, although I admit it was an early version of Android and very difficult to upgrade. 

If they're taking away my weekends from my monthly calendar I will stay where I am, thanks.  My iPad and iPod Touch are doing find on iOS5.

Then again, I just went to Windows 7 at the end of last year and wouldn't touch Windows 8 if you paid me.  Working in the software industry definitely makes me wait before going to a major new software release. :smileyhappy:

ragdoll4mom

(0) Hearts

I still have the 3G iphone.  I went to update it last night, and got a message that it has the highest IOS (6.something) available.  Guess that AT&T is trying to get me to upgrade.  My son informed me that I'm the only person he knows that still has a 3G.  I told him it still works and I can't see paying more $$ just to say I have the latest and greatest.  His reply was "It's obvious you hold on to things until they're ancient ".  He can be such a smarty pants sometimes,  but I still love him to death.

My kids love the new system.  My daughter keeps saying " this is so cool.  I love it".   Maybe one day I will upgrade, but for now I'm happy with my 3G and "ancient" IOS..

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

It's not AT&T, but apple. The 3G isn't a compatible device. 

Honestly, if the phone still works, I'd say wait until next year when they will have a body redesign. I have a 4 (no siri) and although it has a crack on the back (second back I got for it due to multiple drops) it still works 1/2 way decent. Some areas of the touch screen are a bit more sensitive, but my phone still works. So I'm going to hold off getting a new one for as long as possible. 

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I REFUSE to upgrade! Haha I have a 4s right now and I am ineligible for an upgrade until April. I am trying my hardest to wait until then, but it might be kind of difficult. Last time I upgraded to iOS6 I lost almost everything on my phone so I've learned my lesson in backing up. Plus I figure if I do it'll make my phone slower : /. I'm really a fan on how it looks either. Kind of cartoonish. At the very least I should upgrade my pad.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hmmm judging by the angry FB comments my friends all had, I don't want to upgrade to iOS7, I'm ok holding out on it :smileyhappy: I also regret buying this iPhone 5 and should have stuck with my droids/incredibles/samsungs/etc. :smileysad:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

So far, I really like iOS 7.  Then again, my iPhone 4 is my first iPhone, and I upgrade in January with a new two year contract.  People who have used much earlier versions of iOS have more to compare to.  I do like the new control center, and getting to the camera for certain shots is quicker.  I also like the new multitasking.

ry22

(0) Hearts

Don't like it-its too much like the Windows/Android phones. I like the simplicity of IOS 6.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I do agree that it is like Androids. I like IOS 6, and I didn't update until today. I only updated because I felt so outdated with IOS 7. Idk I got peer pressured into it, but I'm getting used to it.

starletta8

I hate it.

Hate it, hate it, hate it!

My iPhone 4 is on its last legs and is running even worse with iOS7.  And don't even get me started on battery wear.

My iPad mini is now draining its battery like there's no tomorrow.  And it's only a few months old- so this is clearly an iOS 7 issue.

Ugh.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I have the iPhone 4 as well.  I've not noticed any battery usage issues with mine.  I know when I was first playing with iOS7 it drained it.  Of all the apps I use, I think Vine takes the worst toll on battery life.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

you have to go through your settings & adjust. I know location services always drains, so I keep that off unless I need it for something. but yeah, it does drain faster now 

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I know exactly what you mean. My device usually lasts 2 to 3 days without charging, but I charged it last night and it was less than 20% a few hours ago. Hopefully fixes to the update will come soon. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I hate the new calendar. I liked to see what I had going on on the weekends in the full month view. That way I could quickly & easily see my schedule. Now I need to click on each day, or scroll through the week. really annoying. Everything else I like, but it seems like my phone is running a bit slower. 

spoiledbrat

glossyguru - you and your little bunny friend have been missed :smileyhappy: kiss the bunny :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

I didn't like the layout when i first saw it. But it's growing on me. I really like it. And i LOVE how they changed how you enter you passcode because i use 2 zeros in my code and always pushed the Emergency call button in a hurry. So That's an improvement! 

But I love everything now! 

The only thing is the Apps that changed. Ehh not so happy about those, i liked the way they looked before. 

Although i had a lot of problems getting the IOS 7

My phone kept saying error, and finally did it after 3 hours. 

And my Ipad didn't want to update either! But finally did! 

spoiledbrat

arielaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - where have you been hiding? i am so happy to see you on the BT! - already having a great day and now i see your little cute owl and i am so happy! My Drybar Lemon Drop brush says to tell you hello:smileyhappy:

violalea

She has been hiding from you haha just kidding :smileywink:.

spoiledbrat

who could blame her? :smileyhappy: i cannot seem to spell her name correctly:smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol! :smileytongue:

I'm here!! You both are too funny!! 

spoiledbrat

arielaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you and violalea are tooooooooooooooo adorable! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt