klbandy

IMATS LA 2014

Anyone else going to IMATS in Pasadena next week? (Janurary 18 or 19). I am beyond excited since it is my first time. I am expecting huge crowds but fun booths. I am kind of stalking the booths I want to check out. SO far I am stalking the Velour Lashes and Makeup Geek booths the most. 

Anyone else excited or having a problem stalking the booths?

YouAreAlways

Re: IMATS LA 2014

(0) Hearts

Okay, I guess im newer than I thought.. 

Whats IMATS??

klbandy

Its basically a giant makeup convention. All different vendors from small indy brands to well known companies come and offer "show" discounts that range from 5-30% sometimes 40% off. Makeup lovers all around gather and get a whole day to emerge themselves in a full makeup world. It was truly an amazing experience.  

kraezilyunique

I was working this weekend, so I couldn't go! Does this happen every year in the Pasadena/LA are? If so, I definitely want to go next year!

klbandy

Yep. IMATS LA happens once a year in January. :smileyhappy:

kraezilyunique

Awesome! Definitely need to get that weekend off (or at least Sunday) next year then :smileyhappy:

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

have fun girl! <3

KayyLynn

I am on the east coast so I don't know if I will ever make it out there, I am not the biggest fan of traveling. But I think it would be awesome to be able to go!

jenpred

(0) Hearts

They have one in New York! They have them in New York, Los Angeles, London, Vancouver, Sydney, and Toronto :smileyhappy:.

katief241981

did hakuhodo have a discount???

jenpred

Yes! 20%

ghkim

(0) Hearts

whoa, i've heard that in years past, they did not offer discounts. if they are doing 20% off, i'm in big trouble!

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of this show before and I live very close by!  Is it open to anyone (the public) or is it only for makeup artists and  makeup professionals?  How can I find out more about it, for the next time?

klbandy

The show is the International Makeup Artistry Tradeshow. Saturday and Sunday are open to the public. You can purchase tickets through the IMATS website. Almost every vendor that is there offers discounts of some sort. MAC Pro this year was 20% off for the general public. Tickets do sell out quickly, so if you know you want to go, get tickets ASAP. 

jenpred

[ Edited ]

Hello all! SO, IMATS LA is over. I went on Sunday (the 19th). It was fabulous! I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted b/c it just got a bit overwhelming (plus, I was distracted by all of the people and vendors! :smileywink:). Sorry the pictures don't really capture how packed and exciting it actually was :smileysad:. Ack, I loved it!

photo.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 1 copy.JPG

photo 2 copy.JPG

^Sugarpill - Loose Eyeshadows in Paperdoll and Starling; Pigment in Supercharged

photo 3 copy.JPG

^Hakuhodo!!!!! - Synthetic Cream Shadow Brush; Blue Squirrel Crease Brush (OMG, lilahtov!); brush cleanser

photo 4 copy.JPG

^Stila - Smudgestick in Canary :heart:

photo 5 copy.JPG

^Embryoilisse - Body Lotion (makes my skin soooo soft!)

^Sugarpill and Stila swatches!

Welp, that's all I have for now :smileyhappy:. Please feel free to post your IMATS haul photos, I'd love to see them!

klbandy

(0) Hearts

Ooooo. You waited in the huge Sugarpill line. I regret not waiting. I chose to do Lime Crime instead. 

ghkim

thats awesome and thanks so much for posting! can you comment on how good the discounts were? 

jenpred

For PRO members or MUA, the discounts were 40%, and for the general public, the discounts were either 20% or 30%, depending on the vendor (Stila had a 30% discount, plus, you get a one-time use 30% + free shipping coupon to use online).

One of the vendors - Naime's - had Lime Crime, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Too Faced, and Smashbox, to name a few, so this is DEFINITELY the place to go if you want to try new things (or things you wouldn't easily find at Sephora/Nordstrom/etc) or stock up on some repurchases. Highly recommend!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

thanks so much for that information! it's hard to come by even on a google search. i also have a ticket to the makeup show and am wondering if discounts are similar. have you been to tms as well?

jenpred

I've never been to TMS! I literally just Googled it lol :-p. Jut checked the exhibitor list, and NARS will be there :smileysad:. My guess is that the discounts are comparable.

glossyguru

Aah stop making me jealous! My parents would never take me across the country for a makeup convention during midterms week. Maybe someday...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 35 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • mberteig
    • malday
    • jojobe
    • katie723
    • klbandy